It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transsexuals and Comedy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I wanted to touch on the Subject of Transsexuals and Comedy for a moment in particular Stand-up Comedy . Stand-Up Comedians are stage actors who's job it is to make us laugh , they are brilliant cultural artist who have the innate ability to talk about anyone and anything in a crowded room and make that crowded room feel more together .

That is except for Transsexuals , for some reason Transsexuals are to be considered untouchable . Now If I understand correctly Transsexuals want to be accepted into society as normal , they want to be apart of Modern culture yes ?

One of the best signs that you are being accepted into a culture is that you are included in a Stand-up Comedy act . To be able to look in the mirror and laugh at yourself and understand that culturally we are accepting you because we are making fun of you , we are not laughing at you we are laughing with you and we accept your struggle as real now let us ease your pain by making you laugh .

But if this radical outrage by the Trans community continues just because they are being made apart of jokes , then something worse will happen , you will be excluded from the jokes and made pariahs of society . If your struggle is real then stop being so sensitive about your struggle , People are trying to accept you cant you see that ?

edit on 5-5-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Chris Rock, comedian, cracks a joke about Will Smiths wife. Will Smith cracks him upside the head for it.

If Don Rickles had been on stage that night every single person in that room would have been comedically eviscerated. And they would have thanked Rickles for it afterward.

If you are a man in a dress, you can expect to be laughed at once in a while. Sorry, but that is just how it is. Its a comedic device called juxtaposition. Its a man in women's clothing. Its unexpected to most people. Thats why its funny. It makes you do a double take and think about what you just saw.

I find it amazing that democrats can not identify what a woman is - unless its a man claiming to be one. Then there is no doubt, they know for sure...uh huh...

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

There is story about this ... the one where the men come to town and convince the emperor he's receiving the most fantastic clothing ever so long as he pays them well, and they pretend to make stuff. The Emperor doesn't want to admit he can't see it, so he goes along with them, and everyone else goes along with the Emperor.

Yeah, that story ... The transperson is the one with the fake clothing telling the rest of us he/she has the best clothes ever and screeching if we try to say he's naked. So more and more people simply go along insisting they see the clothing too. Meanwhile the trans is naked. People need to stand up and point it out and stop being intimidated into the game.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Transsexuals and comedy....

A match made on earth the jokes basically write themselves.

You might say cut it out Bones that's low hanging fruit, and you'd be right.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Trans and really the entire "pride" movement is meant to celebrate these people. They don't care about equality, they want to be put on a pedestal. It's self righteousness run amuck. Add a fragile ego and it spells disaster.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 02:16 AM
link   

My deceased partner used to host the Fabulous Fakes shows at the local club. The ladies were generally frowned upon in the informal caste system but whenever there was a fundraiser they were 1st in our hearts cuz they knew how to put on a show. The female impersonators were always a treat and knew how to get a laugh. However on gay pride events the press always filmed them in the bright light of day instead of the regularly clothed men & women who felt there was something demeaning to be identified with female impersonators. Onstage they were a laugh riot and everybody loved them. I haven't attended a drag show in 10 years but have they changed? They did comedy like no other.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

I wanted to touch on the Subject of Transsexuals and Comedy for a moment in particular Stand-up Comedy . Stand-Up Comedians are stage actors who's job it is to make us laugh , they are brilliant cultural artist who have the innate ability to talk about anyone and anything in a crowded room and make that crowded room feel more together .

That is except for Transsexuals , for some reason Transsexuals are to be considered untouchable . Now If I understand correctly Transsexuals want to be accepted into society as normal , they want to be apart of Modern culture yes ?

One of the best signs that you are being accepted into a culture is that you are included in a Stand-up Comedy act . To be able to look in the mirror and laugh at yourself and understand that culturally we are accepting you because we are making fun of you , we are not laughing at you we are laughing with you and we accept your struggle as real now let us ease your pain by making you laugh .

But if this radical outrage by the Trans community continues just because they are being made apart of jokes , then something worse will happen , you will be excluded from the jokes and made pariahs of society . If your struggle is real then stop being so sensitive about your struggle , People are trying to accept you cant you see that ?

not much is funny after having your junk cut off. lol

but comedians in drag have been around forever.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Speaking of being able to laugh at ones self,

I think Eddie Izzard did that well.

Trans in the army joke
The Element of Surprise

edit on 6-5-2022 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   

There are always going to be people who are offended...you can't please everyone all the time.
When I was in my early 20's, my wife and I went to a comedy club with a few of her friends. The comedian noticed that I was there with 4 women, and quickly made reference to me as the guy with 4 penises. Needless to say, I was NOT offended.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I got a joke for each sex, but it is funny that Kings used to have court Jester just to make fun of their highness, just to use as a reflection of what their loyal peasants would say or think.

How did my buddies sister say it, men will come out of a vagina, run away, only to try to crawl back into another one, and try to get back out, an try to crawl to the original hole they came out of after.

Wanna hear a joke…come on men, we all heard it before.
edit on 6-5-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Vroomfondel

There is story about this ... the one where the men come to town and convince the emperor he's receiving the most fantastic clothing ever so long as he pays them well, and they pretend to make stuff. The Emperor doesn't want to admit he can't see it, so he goes along with them, and everyone else goes along with the Emperor.

Yeah, that story ... The transperson is the one with the fake clothing telling the rest of us he/she has the best clothes ever and screeching if we try to say he's naked. So more and more people simply go along insisting they see the clothing too. Meanwhile the trans is naked. People need to stand up and point it out and stop being intimidated into the game.

talk about nostalgia , That story takes me way back to elementary school.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yup hes a genius. Hadnt thought about him in a minute. Im going to watch this.

a reply to: Observationalist

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
** Wrong thread. Accidental post **
edit on 6-5-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join