It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappelle attacked onstage in LA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 4 2022 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Dave Chappelle has been attacked on stage while performing a Netflix comedy show in Los Angeles.

Video from last night's Netflix Is A Joke event shows a man charging on to the stage and tackling the comedian before he is dragged off by security.

Jamie Foxx, who was watching the show from the wings of the Hollywood Bowl wearing a sheriff's hat, rushed on stage along with security to detain the attacker.

Chappelle, who sparked outrage in the trans community with comments in a Netflix show last year, appeared to be uninjured and continued with his set, joking: 'It was a trans man'.

Chris Rock, who performed later in the Netflix is a Joke event, then came on stage and joked: 'Was that Will Smith?'

OK, so many things to comment on here. Will Smith....you allowed this buddy.

Leftists are for free speech, til they aint. Aint that ironic?

And Dave isn't Transphobic....anyone who watches him knows this, but I suppose if your skin is transluscently thin then you wouldn't dig deep enough to understand that.

And all I hear is how the alt right is the most dangerous thing in the world, yet all I see is deranged leftists pulling stunts like this.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

It appears those in that community arent able to handle jokes unfortunately.
edit on 4-5-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 03:14 AM
link   

And all I hear is how the alt right is the most dangerous thing in the world, yet all I see is deranged leftists pulling stunts like this.

Whoever - or whatever - did this is just an intolerant moron.

C'mon man, you know that the vast majority of 'leftists' don't buy into this sort of bollocks - at least here in the UK.
The very vocal and very small minority are given far more prominence and exposure than their numbers deserve....I wonder why that is?

I'm pleased to see they just laughed this off but to be fair it could have been a lot worse.

There's a sort of karma in the fact that the attacker seems to have injured them self. (Is that grammatically correct?)

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

C'mon man, you know that the vast majority of 'leftists' don't buy into this sort of bollocks - at least here in the UK.

Agreed on the first point.

Not so much on the second. Here in the US we have elected officials who very much buy into this bollocks and a complicit old ruling class that doesn't care as long as they remain at the top of the trash pile of DC.

The whole reason for the fear agenda is to keep those that don't agree with the absolute extremist loons on the far left from crossing party lines and dumping these despots.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I'm pleased to see they just laughed this off but to be fair it could have been a lot worse.

No doubt.

These 'people' are unbalanced (by nature) and become unhinged when triggered.

Muslims have the right recipe for this kind of crap.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Here is a bit of a closer up view of the tackle.
The video is on twatter.

link to twitter video

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 06:39 AM
link   
What if Dave is behind this.

Paid someone to jump on stage, etc.

Wanted his "Will Smith" moment. Rock was probably in on it too...

Just say'n

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Security stomped that guy down.

pagesix.com...

One of the videos show him getting loaded up in an ambulance with his elbow pointed the wrong way.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Isn't much of a video let me see what happened before and after ie let me see it in full context.

Hate to think this is staged, but also think damn Chappelle's entourage and security are for chit if it isn't.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   
thought i heard he was armed too.

maybe that's why he got busted up.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm not sure if "bollocks" refers to the transgender ideology or the attendant violence, but I've been watching how it's playing out in Britain, and it's really not much different than here. Plenty of attacks on those speaking out, including physical violent attacks, but also women losing jobs and being charged with hate crimes and all sorts of harassment and intimidation.

It's not an American thing or a British thing, it's a TRA thing.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Without more details, it’s hard to say what the attack was for.
Having said that, we all know the Liberal cult has very thin skin and hysterical tendencies by nature, so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was this kind of attack.
Chappelle is a legend that tells it like it is, we need more of him out there spreading the word.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   

What a cockwomble. LoL

Who in there right mind goes to a comedy show to cause it???!!!

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Who’d thought years ago that telling jokes could be life threatening. Dangerous days to be a comedian.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   
We clearly live in a society where if you "offend" someone they are "entitled" to punish you.

It used to be by doxing / social media bullying / firing them / destroying their reputation / destroying their business. All this has become quite acceptable and even openly encouraged by the liberal progressive crowd, even elite politicians have engaged in this type of encouraging punishment for people who "hurt the feelings" of others. They taught people that if you don't like what someone said you have a right to destroy them.

Well, it has come home to roost. The unhinged have taken this "right to destroy" those who say something you don't like literally and people are starting to attack even people making jokes that they find "offensive".

What is next? I shudder to think but it is coming as a response to someone saying the tiniest thing that someone doesn't like.

This behavior of taking revenge on someone who says something that hurts your feelings has become acceptable and even encouraged by the elite political class and it will only get worse.

edit on 5/4/22 by The2Billies because: format

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
We clearly live in a society where if you "offend" someone they are "entitled" to punish you.

It used to be by doxing / social media bullying / firing them / destroying their reputation / destroying their business. All this has become quite acceptable and even openly encouraged by the liberal progressive crowd, even elite politicians have engaged in this type of encouraging punishment for people who "hurt the feelings" of others. They taught people that if you don't like what someone said you have a right to destroy them.

Well, it has come home to roost. The unhinged have taken this "right to destroy" those who say something you don't like literally and people are starting to attack even people making jokes that they find "offensive".

What is next? I shudder to think but it is coming as a response to someone saying the tiniest thing that someone doesn't like.

But this behavior of taking revenge on someone who says something that hurts your feelings has become acceptable and it will only get worse.

Couldn't agree more.

Who knows perhaps so many people can express their thoughts on social media which is all most people need or do. But some people get frustrated because in their minds nothing changes and feel a need to act out, scary if that's true.

Or the old stand by a call out for attention

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

One of the videos show him getting loaded up in an ambulance with his elbow pointed the wrong way.

i don't think his arm is F_ _ _ _ ed up, i think it's the way the handcuffs and rail of the gurney have his arm propped up.

from your link a screen shot,

but his face certainly looks like he got a a@@ whippin.

edit on 4-5-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Dave Chappelle has been attacked on stage while performing a Netflix comedy show in Los Angeles.

Video from last night's Netflix Is A Joke event shows a man charging on to the stage and tackling the comedian before he is dragged off by security.

Jamie Foxx, who was watching the show from the wings of the Hollywood Bowl wearing a sheriff's hat, rushed on stage along with security to detain the attacker.

Chappelle, who sparked outrage in the trans community with comments in a Netflix show last year, appeared to be uninjured and continued with his set, joking: 'It was a trans man'.

Chris Rock, who performed later in the Netflix is a Joke event, then came on stage and joked: 'Was that Will Smith?'

Leftists are for free speech, til they aint. Aint that ironic?

yeah, free speech also means free beatdowns, I guess. Actions speak louder than words...
I'm sure it could be classified as "performance art" since it's moreso a publicity stunt than anything else.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Looks like they beat him with his own arm and then put it back on backward lol...

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The very vocal and very small minority are given far more prominence and exposure than their numbers deserve....I wonder why that is?

There's a sort of karma in the fact that the attacker seems to have injured them self. (Is that grammatically correct?)

"vast majority of 'leftists' don't buy into this sort"

What absolute nonsense, 'leftists' in the UK absolutely do buy into this!

Why were the Muslim Grooming gangs operating across England, committing 1000s or rapes and sexual violence against children not investigated? Why was the Channel 4 documentary about the gangs banned from being show? Because the 'leftists' councils were afraid of being branded racist.

The also gave massive support to Will Smith and his assault of another man live on TV and said he should go unpunished.

They also gave massive support to the violence during the BLM protest during LOCKDOWN!

They also gave massive support to the London Riots and violence that happened in London about 15 years ago.

The list is as long as your arm mate!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join