It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, the Elephant in the Room

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This topic is very much one that resonates with me. I had an abortion because nature decided to grow a non viable child for over 4 months and it had to be taken out because it wasn't growing in a human way. It's called a molar pregnancy and behaves like a cancer.
Anyway. I also know a few females that had abortions and none of them was a light decision.

That out of the way I want to make absolutely sure to say that males must stay out of this discussion completely. Yes they may have deposited some DNA into a woman, but just because the one time it didn't go into a sock doesn't make them in any way experts in being pregnant or masters of someone else's body.

Throughout Nature and all over this world, the person who has to carry a foetus for 9 months and may die during birth [pre eclampsia is a thing a weak heart is another, complications during birth yet another] is the woman.

No male knows what it feels like to be pregnant. If it is a wanted and planned child, the risk of complications is gladly taken by the woman, even if she dies at birth. But as soon as you force a woman who does not want the pregnancy for whatever reason, to go through this against her will, you become a sadistic torturer and a bully of the worst kind.

Just like I am against injecting people against their will with a potentially harmful or deadly experimental mRNA therapy. If I think the risk is too high for myself, I will say NO.
If any woman doesn't want a child [often for good reasons: rape, health, age, poverty, domestic violence, incest, genetics etc], or doesn't want to take the risk for whatever reason, she MUST be able to abort.

Getting pregnant is a very common thing, that can be started over and over again with no actual loss of a conscious human being. However forcing a fully conscious adult human female to go through pregnancy against her will may result in the loss of HER life. Which is a million times more valuable than that of a clump of cells or even an unborn foetus.

Nature isn't bothered about the odd one not making it, see sperm, millions of potential humans just going to waste and nobody cares. Yet as soon as it mingles with the egg, suddenly half of that sperm becomes soooo important. It may have the 'potential' to become an adult, but if not, about a 1000 are born instead of the one that didn't. Probably more.

The urge to abort is so strong that women have throughout history done very silly things to do it anyway. And they will do this even if you forbid them!
Very often with deadly consequences!

Making clean and safe abortions illegal WILL result in suicides, dangerous methods to get rid of the unwanted growth and backstreet abortions which will make scrupulous con artists money, and put women and girls in deadly danger, who may have made someone a good mother at a later date.

So anyone yapping on about god's will 🙄 or the right thing to do, especially if you are male, please keep your opinions out of this, you kill women so you can feel righteous. Which is far worse than any abortion could ever be. But from your high horse you have already judged these women as scum that can die of complications. Who made you a judge?

Does your god know you are pretending to be him by playing his police officers? Don't you trust his judgement or capabilities? [Nah, me neither]

You have your priorities and your status in this world wrong.
Nature and the universe are disagreeing with you. I guess your kill-happy god will love you for the misery you'll cause. He's totally into that stuff [great flood, salt pillars, kill kill kill anyone who disagrees but oh save some cells, give me break].

All the woman who WILL die painfully from inner damage, or blood poisoning caused by unsanitary and dangerous practice are on your conscience. There is a happy girl right now who will die because of this, and she doesn't even know yet. Hope you feel good about that.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Annee
Why is it anyone else's business besides the woman making a choice.

It isn't.

so conversely, if a dude knocks up some chick, that's her problem?

That's usually what they say...."Get an abortion beootch"

No, Annee doesn't seem to think the guy has any responsibility in the entire process. Screw all the bitches you want, no protection, and let them deal with the fallout.

Let me know when paternal DNA testing becomes mandatory.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
End abortion?

Makes lives worth living.

Those aborted are some that never had a chance.

Kids raised in orphanages?

Who pays?

The side against abortion is also against true charity

When there are no abortions, angry abused neglected kids becoming adults and taking it out on society

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm not anti-abortion, within accepted timelines etc.
And I agree that ultimately its a women's choice - her body.

But doesn't the father have any say in the matter?
What if the male involved wants to be a parent to the foetus and is perfectly capable of raising it and caring for it?
Doesn't he have any say whatsoever?
What about his rights?

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
Wow, research birth certificates more.
The state is not a parent. It is however, responsible for allowing the genocide.
The greatest amount of deaths every year in this country is abortion.
The number is far to large to be caused by rape, incest etc.
Just people who have unprotected sex and not have to be responsible for the consequences.
So thay slaughter what their irresponsibility created.
Now people try to justify genocide because they were too immature to handle the consequences of their actions.
Disgusting.
The question should be when are they going to grow up?
Not whether or not the "state" can control you and your offspring.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It isn't.

so conversely, if a dude knocks up some chick, that's her problem?

That's usually what they say...."Get an abortion beootch"

No, Annee doesn't seem to think the guy has any responsibility in the entire process. Screw all the bitches you want, no protection, and let them deal with the fallout.

Let me know when paternal DNA testing becomes mandatory.

is that your way of realizing you made a dumb statement?

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

What if the male involved wants to be a parent to the foetus and is perfectly capable of raising it and caring for it?
What about his rights?

No he hasn't any rights unless he can grow it himself somewhere else. Nature thought of a simple solution and made men produce sperm every day, so they can go almost immediately after hearing the news and impregnate another female. The rest is human morality.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

so you also feel that the man has no other responsibility other than sperm donor?

I was raised to believe differently, but this new way of thinking is much easier to deal with, and I'm all for it.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

What about his rights?

AGAIN - let me know when paternal DNA testing becomes mandatory.

Let me know when the man is always held legally and financially responsible.

As I've said in the past -- for eons woman has taken 100% of the blame. Been thrown out, disowned, etc.

If the man didn't "step up" -- still the woman's fault for picking the wrong man.

So, now -- if the woman doesn't consider the man -- "Sorry, Dude! You picked the wrong woman".

However, I do know women who carried to term and gave the child to its father. That father picked the right woman.

I SUPPORT LIVING CHILDREN

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

so you also feel that the man has no other responsibility other than sperm donor?

I was raised to believe differently, but this new way of thinking is much easier to deal with, and I'm all for it.

Not if he took precautions and made clear he doesn't want a baby. There are enough women who bring up children by themselves because they want it but he didn't.
A man however has got responsibility if he had unprotected sex, or if he is part of a couple who planned the child. It's all so simple.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

So, two consenting adults have sex then go their separate ways by choice.
Two months later girl contacts the guy and says 'Hey, I'm pregnant'. The tells her he wants nothing to do with it but she goes ahead and has the baby.
6 months down the line the guy gets a paternity suit and has to pay maintenance - alimony.

Fair enough, I have no problem with that really.
Just pointing out the guy has no say whatsoever.

Now say the girl contacts the man and he says 'Great, I want to be a parent and I'll look after it, raise it.....no problem'.
But the girl says 'No, I'm having an abortion'.

The guy has no say again.
And you can't see anything wrong with that?

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

It isn't.

That is BS

The woman allready made her choise when she decided to get pregnant, she could have protected herself - the choise was made, and now somebody has to die because they regret that choise...

Let woman get their abortions, but it should come with a mandatory price of sterilization, that would make sure they dont come back everytime they have sex. They properly shouldnt be allowed to work or be near kids either.
But the sterilization is needed - the choise is made way before pregnancy - your body your choise your consequences

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a

That out of the way I want to make absolutely sure to say that males must stay out of this discussion completely. Yes they may have deposited some DNA into a woman, but just because the one time it didn't go into a sock doesn't make them in any way experts in being pregnant or masters of someone else's body.

reply to: Hecate666
No
Men do not. They should be more open about how they feel about it. Telling men they have no voice while genocide is happening is all of the below

[1]Condescending
    [2]Divisive
    [3]Fascist
    [4]Wrong

Telling half the population they have no voice or say soundz tyranical, psychotic, or a politician?
Ab ortion leading cause of death

There were 862,000 abortions in the United States in 2017. This is the lowest number since abortion became legal in 1973. However, abortion remains the leading cause of death in our country: that same year, 647,457 Americans died from heart disease, the second-leading cause of death. 

If you want to advocate genocide feel free but do not tell anyone they have to keep quiet about what makes you feel guilty. Let's face it advocating for the slaughter of nearly a million humans yearly is gonna make one feel guilty as hell.
I know i did when i naively believed what was spewed., every time it was mentioned. Here is an idea the next time someone does not want to take responsibility for their actions either ask the baby if it wants to die, if the baby canot answer wait until it can provide informed consent. Or here is an idea commit genocide, be genocded as well. Abortion problem solved.
No option just like the genocided get an abortion and get aborted. Like an eye for an eye.
Once that comes into play i will gladly
Til then nah Been quiet too long!
Some statistics about genocide for ya
That's right in the kisser isn't it?
Guns don't kill people but abortions do
Nice crowd[
Facts matter even if it hurts. Now if it's life threatening different just like rape etc. Not wanting to take responsibility for the most precious guft and most important for survival as a species but, because it's hard or will put a damper in your lifestyle doesnt cut it,
just excuses, take responsibility
edit on 2022/5/3 by CrazyFox because:

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Not if he took precautions and made clear he doesn't want a baby. There are enough women who bring up children by themselves because they want it but he didn't.
A man however has got responsibility if he had unprotected sex, or if he is part of a couple who planned the child. It's all so simple.

but if he has responsibility, doesn't he also have a say in the outcome? It really can't be both ways here.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

A man however has got responsibility if he had unprotected sex

Are you saying that woman doesnt have any responsibility if they have unprotected sex??

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What I find ironic is that the state/government wants to control women's reproductive health and force them to have children and provide state taxpayer paid orphanages.

But won't provide contraception and close down all planned parenthood facilities.

edit on 3-5-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So, two consenting adults have sex then go their separate ways by choice.
Two months later girl contacts the guy and says 'Hey, I'm pregnant'. The tells her he wants nothing to do with it but she goes ahead and has the baby.
6 months down the line the guy gets a paternity suit and has to pay maintenance - alimony.

Fair enough, I have no problem with that really.
Just pointing out the guy has no say whatsoever.

Now say the girl contacts the man and he says 'Great, I want to be a parent and I'll look after it, raise it.....no problem'.
But the girl says 'No, I'm having an abortion'.

The guy has no say again.
And you can't see anything wrong with that?

You actually have a some valid points that my family has discussed in length. Someday it might not be an issue when children are gestated outside of a womans womb. I'm sure we are halfway there. There have been some interesting cases with frozen embros when people break up (ie Sofia Vergara)

The one difference is that right now a baby can only grow inside of a female (biological). So it will be her body, her health, her safety at stake. Financially, that is definitely a gray area and one I feel that men mostly take the fall.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

What about his rights?

AGAIN - let me know when paternal DNA testing becomes mandatory.

Let me know when the man is always held legally and financially responsible.

As I've said in the past -- for eons woman has taken 100% of the blame. Been thrown out, disowned, etc.

If the man didn't "step up" -- still the woman's fault for picking the wrong man.

So, now -- if the woman doesn't consider the man -- "Sorry, Dude! You picked the wrong woman".

However, I do know women who carried to term and gave the child to its father. That father picked the right woman.

I SUPPORT LIVING CHILDREN

If a woman gets prego, has a kid and then goes to court and forces a paternity test on the man, he can be financially responsible for that kid for 18 years. Depending on societal factors of course.

I personally think abortion is murder, but between the woman and God, not me. If you can stand in front of God and explain why you killed one of his creations, that's all you. And God doesn't need you to believe in him for all that to happen. But to say the man has no choice in any of it, leaves you open to bearing ALL the financial responsibility of that child. I was raised to understand that if I helped bring a life into the world, I also had to be sure that life is taken care of.

A mindset like that makes you think before you poke. (not a strong suit for most men)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   

What I find ironic is that the state/government wants to control women's reproductive health and force them to have children and provide state taxpayer paid orphanages.

But won't provide contraception and close down all planned parenthood facilities.

where is this at?
they are still a thing.
www.plannedparenthood.org...

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You seem all very angry just because people are asking legitimate questions.

In the scenario I mentioned the foetus has a chance to grow and live in a loving and caring environment.
Surely you can see that its not quite as black and white as you are making it out to be?

Why are you ranting on about 'blaming women', 'throwing women out'?
I've never supported anything like that and never would - a man should accept his responsibilities.

But surely they also have rights as well?
At the very least their opinions should be factored in to any decision making.

With all due respect, you seem increasingly incapable of discussing anything in a reasoned, respectful and calm manner.
edit on 3/5/22 by Freeborn because: grammar

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join