It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cost of Fast Food

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE
me and my husband went to a new fast food sushi restaurant calle Poke cafe kind of pokemon themed. it was really good. i was a bit nervous about the freshness of fast food sushi. but about $15 a bowl. reminded me of chipotle but at a sushi counter.
www.pokecafeofnj.com... but for the most part i cook at home. better tasting and cheaper
a reply to: JAGStorm

LOVE LOVE LOVE Poke cafe, the only problem is it’s not close enough to where I live.
It has been very fresh and very good every time I’ve had it.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I hear ya!! I op for a mom and pop establishment where they usually hire relatives as wait staff.
I will always support Capitalist entrepreneurs over corporate greed if given the chance.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I don’t do fast food anymore unless it’s a last resort. Since covid all the employees in the ones around my area are either terrible at their jobs or understaffed. The food is never fast and always sucks and it’s all overpriced probably to pay the $17 an hour wages for crappy ass employees.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don’t eat any of it anymore, cook at home, much healthier. I’ve had one burger from Wendy’s in the last three months.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
I don’t eat any of it anymore, cook at home, much healthier. I’ve had one burger from Wendy’s in the last three months.

My husband likes Wendys but I absolutely can't stand it. All I taste is coconut when I've had it. Not sure if it is palm oil or what, but it is so strong (i'm a super taster/smeller).

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
For the majority of people, eating some fast food or junk food is not a problem. In low moderation that is. Maybe having it once or twice a week is fine. The body can easily detox that amount without straining in most people.

Having prepared food is not bad, cooking things is something we evolved to do over thousands of years, in fact cooking something properly detoxes some of the bad chemistry in many foods we eat these days, our ancestors learned how to make foods that were bad for humans edible.

But highly prepared foods are not that good, food chemistry changes the more you process it so highly prossessed foods can be bad in excess. If you cook a roast try to eat it within four days or so....to keep the amount of histamines lower. Cooked beef does not have the enzymes to protect it like raw beef does, so keeping raw fresh beef in the fridge or freezer does not create as much histamines as precooked beef. The enzymes that keep it from getting food poisoning by desolving microbes are not heat stable so it breaks down faster. Histamines are not bad for us unless we overconsume them, in fact histamines are good for us in moderate amounts and cycled in the diet. High histamine foods late at night can keep us from sleeping right, so eat that pizza and six oclock and you should be able to sleep well at eleven.....otherwise it is hard to get to sleep and when you do go sleep, it is harder to get a deep sleep where repairs to the body are done....That repair and long term memory creation from deep sleep is important...I read a real lot of research on that and it seems to all say pretty much the same thing...not much conflicting research is present anywhere. At least the science agrees on that for the majority of research.

When I was young, people ate way less highly prepared foods, nowadays it comprises almost half of the American diet. People will take perfectly good raw materials and create junk food out of it...remember, part of the things our ancestors did was to put meals together, often the antidote or companion chemistry for a plant defense chemistry was put into the meal. Nowadays, that companion chemistry is missing in meals and people are getting more and more problems.

When we go eat at a fast food restaurant...I am NOT going to pay a lot of money for food that is bad for me. I am not going to pay a lot of money for a TV dinner or chicken strips you toss in the oven or fish sticks....I would rather make my own chicken and create fish sticks from a filet of fish if I want that kind of thing. But we do still have a few boxes of fish sticks/breaded filets in the freezer and we do have them if we want a quick lunch or supper or don't want to heat the house up in the summer...but we do not buy them unless they are on a good sale....I am not going to pay a lot for junk food.

The cost of those high chemical added breads at the store are going way up, I can buy a loaf of great organic bread from the coop for the same price as some of those crappy commercial varieties of bread...or make a loaf and six rolls for way less...a buck twenty five for these all organic....if I wanted to make those six rolls and a loaf of bread out of commercial grains...I could do it for about eighty five cents now.

I will state this again...I am not going to pay a lot of money for junk food and I am not going to turn health foods into junk food....although we do make tacos at home once a month...and I do use organic grass fed beef to make them which does actually create junk food.

The exception to the rule is Asian food, we do go to a Chinese buffet occasionally, but I try not to eat too much food that bothers me....but I still overeat and do come out feeling happy and a little crappy from eating too much. With the senior discount the wife and I can go to the Hong Kong Buffet for about twenty five bucks for dinner....we go once every couple of months because we consider it a treat not a necessity.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

My husband likes Wendys but I absolutely can't stand it. All I taste is coconut when I've had it. Not sure if it is palm oil or what, but it is so strong (i'm a super taster/smeller).

We used to go to Wendies a few times a year, those Frosties they made there were real tasty. But the price jumped up about four to five years ago...no more ninety nine cent frosties here...so we quit going. I get a headache from ice cream...not worth paying more than a buck for a headache.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

No pickles please, they taste like cucumbers, could be your problem.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I love me some KFC and Popeye's fried chicken. Not a big fan of McDonald's, but will eat it occasionally. Wendy's has best burgers of the big 3 chains imho.

I only have true fast food maybe once or twice a week at most now. However, I will go to a Jimmy Johns, Potbelly's, Chipotle, etc over the traditional fast food when possible.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Definitely not pickles as they are my #1 hated food, so I never order anything with them. When I get a burger I get it plain with just cheese.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I love me some KFC and Popeye's fried chicken. Not a big fan of McDonald's, but will eat it occasionally. Wendy's has best burgers of the big 3 chains imho.

I only have true fast food maybe once or twice a week at most now. However, I will go to a Jimmy Johns, Potbelly's, Chipotle, etc over the traditional fast food when possible.

I forgot to add my favorite fast food ever, JERSEY Mikes!!! Yum!!! I guess in the fast food world that is probably pretty mild.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yea I too bought all my seeds last year when all of the talk of supply issues started to surface. I bought a few years worth and even some off variety just to be safe.

edit on 3-5-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Everything is so expensive I have plans to triple my garden space this year. I’ve already scavenged most of the materials needed thanks to my landfill access. Should be able to put in 2 more 10x5 raised beds with the lumber and another 15 cut 45 gallon drums I used as planters.

The cost to fuel ratio for fast food is not worth it.

I'm expanding my gardens too. I also stocked up on seeds as I see that getting more expensive.
I noticed this year the seed selection was dismal. I'm not talking about being out of stock, i'm talking about never being in stock in the first place. My local go to garden center went from four aisles of seeds to just one, and many of those seeds are repeats.

I'm not much of a gardener, but I noticed this on youtube:

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You want to know how we roll this side of the pond with fast food where I stay it's fast food heaven with the number of outlets near my house , I don't do McDonald's or Berger king as their is something about that food that does not rot after 15 years especially the roll's that do not turn green even after nearly 2 decades that I give a big pass on and according to everyone I know they say it just makes you more hungry .

So once a week I get the menus out and treat myself to one of about 12 menu's from food outlets near me , Chinese ,Indian but my favourite is a Kashmiri joint open to 3am all deliver .

If I go Chinese I always order king prawn or duck all come with rice ,chips or noodles for about ten bucks $ plus delivery food is great and at my door in 15 minutes max , or if I want to really pig out I go to the Kashmiri menu and get a munchy box which is a 12 inch pizza box stuffed with fried chicken ,donar meat chicken pakora , chicken tikka , mushroom naan bread 3 different sauces and a can of juice and chips for £15 or 21 $ plus 3 delivery no way can I eat half of it in one night it's good for the next day as well.

Indian menu I normally go with the a balti prawn dish for about 9 $ all the restaurant s are clean and quick at delivering , we can use apps to get KFC etc delivered which I do maybe twice a year just to mix it up a little .

But if you are a burger person the Kashmiri place is the go to a double cheeseburger is 6 bucks 2 bucks for fries or you get a meal deal with any burger you can name beef,chicken veg,donar with chips and a can of juice for £5 double 6 triple 7 and they are good 10 times as good as McDonald's etc , kebabs $ 7-14 . ,Ten bucks gets you a meal box with a donar chicken pakora, chicken nuggets,chips and a can of juice .

Not bad for living in the sticks as I call it I can go to a swanky restaurant minutes from my house and spend New York money on a fancy steak but I learned never to let little sister pick the place to take mother for a birthday meal again

. Meal for 4 1000+ bucks

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I have found the opposite. Taco Bell is drowning me in sauce.

I agree though. The expense is no longer worth the convenience and the meat is no longer meat.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder
Home cooked steak is cheaper than fast food.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Good, maybe people will consider not supporting unhealthy restaraunts that support aweful factory farming.

Honestly suprised by how many still support fast food restaraunts that spend billions advertising very unhealthy food to kids around the world. And also turn a blind eye to some of the worst animal treatment on the planet.

edit on 4-5-2022 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   

they changed the pickles from dill to sweet.... bloody disgusting now

top topics

<< 1   >>

join