It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POW UA Marine Lieutenant describes the killing of Mariupol civilians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Marine Lieutenant Vadim Bondarenko describes how his fellow Ukrainian soldiers killed 8 or 9 Mariupol civilians while holding defensive positions.
He assumes the civilians were out looking for provisions because he understood people were running out of food when it happened.
Warning shots were first fired into the air and if they were ignored the people would be shot. The shooters were behind cover so the civilians likely didn't see them beforehand.

When he asked why they were shooting civilians he was told it was because they could have been doing reconnaissance or they could be Russian forces in disguise.

He says that when he asked "why" pointing out they couldn't know they were spies or Ru he didn't receive an answer.

When the interviewer asked him why he thought things like this were happening he says it is probably because junior officers can't do anything and the senior command doesn't care.

IMO this interview doesn't look coerced or scripted. He is regular military not part of the nationalized militias. There are far more interviews but most gave me the impression that they weren't doing them of their own will. Most of those are with captured members of the nationalized militias and they always have Nazi symbols tattooed on them.
One common thing with almost every interviewee is that they almost all claim to be a communication officer and it wasn't them who shot.

Watch for yourself and judge for yourself.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

People will soon know that it is Ukraine and EU and/or NATO fighters killing all these people doing indiscriminate bombing and shooting. Some poor stagecraft has let this cat out the proverbial bag.

None of the money coming from the US is actually going to any citizens of Ukraine, maybe Zelensky but for sure is going to the deep state.

Wonder how long it will be till someone tells me how wrong I am. FFS they are trying to cover up Obama's, Bidens and many others crimes committed in Ukraine.

This has to stop regardless
edit on 5 3 2022 by BerkshireEntity because: Sp

(post by homerJ removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   

So. How exactly do the Grim channel on YouTube get the video. Who was the interviewer and who is the person recording the video?

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   

That Russian propaganda must be running down the inside of your leg by now.

www.youtube.com...

Where are all the UN and red cross personnel singing the same tune as yourself?
edit on 3-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 3 2022 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I can responsibly tell you that hundreds of such videos are published on the Telegram channels of war correspondents. I watch them every day, and the Grim YouTube channel translates quite accurately in English subtitles.
Now there are more than 4,000 prisoners in captivity of the Russian troops and the troops of Donetsk and Luhansk. All of them, after providing medical assistance, undergo filtration measures, during which these videos appear. Most of the prisoners are not in danger, after the end of the military operation they will return home to their families. They will not be exchanged for anyone, since Ukraine no longer has Russian prisoners.
Of the 4,000 thousand prisoners, only a little more than 100 people were charged with war crimes, and they are sitting in pre-trial detention centers (SIZO) in Donetsk, they will be tried, like dozens of captured foreign mercenaries. Let me remind you that in the DPR and LPR there is the death penalty.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   

If they were Russian special forces in civilian clothes, then it would be a legitimate kill.

US forces in iraq used to do this all the time in regards to alquaeda planting ieds

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I agree, if they were SF it would be legitimate but he states they had no way of knowing. There is no information about if there was ever an attempt to check the bodies to verify. He said they were just left there as far as he knew.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 05:34 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

I can responsibly tell you that hundreds of such videos are published on the Telegram channels of war correspondents. I watch them every day, and the Grim YouTube channel translates quite accurately in English subtitles.

Let me remind you that in the DPR and LPR there is the death penalty.

Thank you (both) for sharing the information our Fake News Media will not.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
IMO this interview doesn't look coerced or scripted.

TBH, the guy has the look of being professionally interrogated before this recorded interview took place. Once upon a time I worked with POWs. That overall ghostliness and the look of resignation in the eyes are big-time tells.

I don't question the veracity of his statements. That he was a uniformed Officer carries much weight as well.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

You

hundreds of such videos are published on the Telegram channels

Then link to 10 with the name of the interviewer, date, and videographer cited…
edit on 3-5-2022 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Let me remind you that in the DPR and LPR there is the death penalty

Kinda like when Russia mass bombs and shells cities….

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Don't you think it's strange that only cities in the Donetsk and Luhansk people's republics are being massively bombed? Mariupol is a city in the DPR. Every day, Donetsk, Gorlovka, Yasinovataya, Makeevka are wiped off the ground.... dozens of victims of civilians, including children.
But the cities that the Russian army occupied - safe and sound - Kherson, Melitopol, Berdyansk, New Kakhovka .... Shops, utilities, authorities work, people get jobs and wages. But almost every night, Ukrainian Tochki-U fly to these cities, which are shot down by Russian air defense.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Either your against all war crimes, or a Putin apologist….

I think it’s interesting to quote Stone sense Putin Fanboys invoked him as having credibility for a documentary on the Ukrainian…

Don’t always agree with Stone, but like this quote.

Oliver Stone Criticizes “Mr. Putin’s Aggression In Ukraine” After Previously Saying There Was “No Proof” Russia Intended To Invade

deadline.com...

After the invasion, Stone — who had also criticized the media for using the term “invasion” to characterize Russia’s plans — came around.

“Although the United States has many wars of aggression on its conscience, it doesn’t justify Mr. Putin’s aggression in Ukraine. A dozen wrongs don’t make a right. Russia was wrong to invade.”

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I am sure he has been questioned before. Probably repeatedly.

What I meant is in some of the videos the words don't flow it is like they are reading a statement which I am pretty sure they are. Monotone voice and all.

What I mean is this guy seems to be recalling memory instead of trying to remember lines. It is a conversation instead of a confession.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: neutronflux

Don't you think it's strange that only cities in the Donetsk and Luhansk people's republics are being massively bombed? Mariupol is a city in the DPR. Every day, Donetsk, Gorlovka, Yasinovataya, Makeevka are wiped off the ground.... dozens of victims of civilians, including children.
But the cities that the Russian army occupied - safe and sound - Kherson, Melitopol, Berdyansk, New Kakhovka .... Shops, utilities, authorities work, people get jobs and wages. But almost every night, Ukrainian Tochki-U fly to these cities, which are shot down by Russian air defense.

No one who has their mind made up and closed off to opposing facts ... that should jump right off the map ... can hear your words. They are programmed to feed on their flavor-of-the-day propaganda.

Sad that so many members of the ATS community are closed-minded.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Snarl

I am sure he has been questioned before. Probably repeatedly.

What I meant is in some of the videos the words don't flow it is like they are reading a statement which I am pretty sure they are. Monotone voice and all.

What I mean is this guy seems to be recalling memory instead of trying to remember lines. It is a conversation instead of a confession.

I don't disagree with anything you said.

However, I know what happens to POWs that would never make it into the public domain. There are several exit doors from an interrogation room. One leads to the Narrative Room ... and select individuals tell a story that the public is going to be allowed to hear. This might be what we were looking at in the OP video. No telling how many stories were recorded ... we only see what's being allowed to be seen.

I still haven't been able to 'pick sides' over what's going on in The Ukraine. I can certainly see guilt everywhere I've looked. The bad actors on The Ukrainian side are committing atrocities I wasn't expecting to see. The purposes of their actions have left me with no feelings of sympathy or empathy. I think the Russians would be entirely justified going through and exterminating all resistance at this point. And Putin? Leave him to Hillary (thinking of her reaction to Muammar Gaddafi's demise). Looks like (again) US politicians are gonna get away with it.

edit on 352022 by Snarl because: Edit

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Why does that matter?

Not even searching for it, I've seen numerous examples of staged "dead bodies" by Ukraine, dead bodies that reach out and cover themselves with the "body bag".

Nuland's Goons hold the power in Ukraine, and she, Kerry, McCain and others designed it that way.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I find it remarkable that people on these boards don't seem to understand war. Most of you don't seem to even understand people at all. Everyone is good, and bad, and nothing. Most people aren't especially good they are just in good circumstances. Most people aren't especially bad, they are just in bad circumstances. Most people are by a majority nothing, and able to exercise great moral dexterity based on their circumstances. Now imagine the circumstances of war.

You kill first and you die last, that's the only goal. Those are their circumstances. How you feel and what you think constitutes a crime do not matter to anyone right now, all of that is for when/if the dust settles and depends on who the victor is. These current event war crimes stories where everyone clutches their pearls, gives the OP twenty stars for posting a YT video with an obvious take, and then splits into tribalistic polarities are getting very old. These are always the lowest effort and most questionable content posts which at this point hardly ever contain an original or credible thought.

None of this is thought provoking. Drivel like this, especially whether you agree with me or not, are case in point why we need the ignore function back. You people are the ones who slow down to look at car crashes and by doing so cause another accident. I don't really care if my post is accusational and apathetic, I care about real conspiracies and fringe notions- even if some of it comes off as schizophrenic nonsense, at least it is entertaining and makes me think. This used to be one of the last bastions of independent thought sources for information and ideas on the internet, now it's just another media breeding ground.

War is hell, and if anyone is surprised by the manifold atrocities of democide at this point in history I don't know what to tell you. Wake up, look ahead, and avoid becoming a victim of the same exact thing. Don't entertain weakness in your own security and your own hearts, don't make empty threats or elect people who do, and don't take for granted the good things you enjoy. If you do not then given enough time someone will find the moral dexterity in themselves to take it from you. I used to enjoy this forum a great deal, but the sensationalists and Kansas City shufflers have all but overrun it. Every single day it's another UKR/RU warcrime thread just like the last. Put it back in the deck already and stop being so surprised. At least be original and show effort if not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join