It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are EVs or Horses worse for the environment?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
Cities were incredibly dirty pre 1900. They were covered in manure from all those horses. Now just imagine todays cities running on horses. You would need millions of them for a New York or LA. Plus their cargo moving ability is quite limited compared to a modern cargo van or large pickup. Not to mention a tractor trailer that can weigh up to 80,000 lbs in the US.

The dust, the insects, the filth, the SMELL. The problem with today is everyone has forgotten just how much an advancement the internal combustion engine actually was.

Cities are dirty right now due to manure from humans. I'm not finding a valid argument to your argument. But with all respect, if you can clarify I'm all for it.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

The entire argument is built upon the false premise of there being something artificial, when nothing in reality can be artificial, not truly. We can make replicas, lie and say that they're the thing they replicate, but even doing so, it still does not actually produce anything artificial as there no system beyond us from which we, or anything else, can draw artificiality from.

Think: nothing doesn't exist and so there cannot be any real separation between things. If we wiped-out all life on Earth and built a planet-wide city like Coruscant from Star Wars then the planet would still be a natural environment as we, and our effects, are all a part of nature and are thus one with any and all environments.

edit: The globalists want to be in control of the environment world, that is all that this is. They want the world for themselves and to get it they sell everyone the environment con so they can limit your effect on their world. Now, go live in a tiny rental box. Actually, rent all of your belongings from them. And, whatever you do, please remember to never reproduce because that's selfish.

What?
That was the best new speak I have ever seen.

The adults are speaking. Listen. It's a good skill to learn.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Liberals know that stuff isn’t free.
Get off your high horse, lol
Liberals pay massive amounts of their salary for crappy employment style healthcare, just like all of us American suckers.

On topic, horses are slow. And leave muffins in the road.

Do They ?

Yes the Liberals writing the Laws understand these things are not Free , But I'm not so sure the average Democrat shuffling to the voting booth automatically checking the Democrat box understands .

Free healthcare
Free School / College
Paying off all student debt
Food Stamps
Well Fair
all of it comes out of our pockets through ever increasing Taxes and Inflation .

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: ntech
Cities were incredibly dirty pre 1900. They were covered in manure from all those horses. Now just imagine todays cities running on horses. You would need millions of them for a New York or LA. Plus their cargo moving ability is quite limited compared to a modern cargo van or large pickup. Not to mention a tractor trailer that can weigh up to 80,000 lbs in the US.

The dust, the insects, the filth, the SMELL. The problem with today is everyone has forgotten just how much an advancement the internal combustion engine actually was.

Cities are dirty right now due to manure from humans. I'm not finding a valid argument to your argument. But with all respect, if you can clarify I'm all for it.

Infrastructure. Let's assume NYC can run on a million horses. First off you need to breed a million horses. That would take time. Then you need stables for those horses. Grain to feed said horses. Waste removal. People trained to support said horses. Then tack and carts and all the stuff needed to get a horse and cart on the street.

And once the horses are worn out and no longer fit for the purpose what do you do with them? Slaughterhouses and dog food most likely. You don't think anyone could afford putting that many horses out to pasture do you?
edit on 5-5-2022 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

You do realize horses were the mode of transport before the introduction of automobiles? The infrastructure has been there since the city was founded.
There are over 7 million horses in the USA currently.
petkeen.com...

There is grain and waste removal, stables, handlers, et al. Parking garages, can be converted to stables, etc.

And yes, the usual end of life for horses is slaughterhouses, to be turned into dog ( and human) food and glue.
As per estimates it's about 100k a year for in the USA of horses "out to pasture."
www.avma.org...

Although most US horses are processed in Canada.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

So, can I get something to understand your position on this?
Are you advocating for gas powered vehicles?
My OP was about electric vehicles vs horses, which is worse for the environment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join