It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Now I know not everyone is born to fight or lead, but personally struggle with the term “giving up in life”.

Ok, maybe some situations do justify that, been there in health, are my quality of life worth living? But in some cases a little positivity and fighting spirit opens a new door, and when you look back, you are actually happy you did.

Why am I at this door?

My cycle studies!!!

Yip I knew nothing when I started out, and now? Far from being able to predict an outcome I did learn a lot, and can see that we are in troubled times. Many can see this, even with the lies to be in control when our basic survival will be a hard reality with the coming cold and food shortages.

Then my nature kicks in: I must fight this. Why, I’m getting old and how will the quality of a possible life be?

Who am I doing it for? How selfish am I, is it really for my kids or about myself.

Answer: Yes it about the self and the self are happy when he gives. Thinking back holding my son in my arms the first time, yes I would have given my life to protect him. Did it change; sometimes it feels that way when arguing but definitely not and I’m sure.

Now I’m at the brick wall where I feel the people around me should know the truth. Oops! They are not interested and again the why. Yes they are not even interested in educating themselves and that make me think about my religious family.

Short story –

A great flood was on the way after heavy rains and people start evacuating the area to survive. Well old Tom was very religious and said that he is going to stay because God is going to protect him.
As the water started rising a 4x4 came pass and called on Tom to save himself and join them driving to safety.
Again Tom said that he is going to stay because God is going to protect him.
As the water reached the second floor a motorboat came by calling Tom to join them on their way to safety.
Yet again Tom said that he is going to stay because God is going to protect him.
As the water reached the roof a helicopter came calling Tom to join them.
Well old Tom was adamant that he is going to stay because God is going to protect him.

So when Tom went to heaven he asked the Lord why he didn’t save him.

I do not understand Tom “I send you a 4x4, then a boat and lastly a helicopter. I ran out of options because you didn’t want to be helped”

Is it worth it, you decide for yourself

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

OMG fits so perfectly, was watching
this while I read what Yoko said and it blended in. Perfect.
memento mori
Watch it

I'll probably come back shortly with a real answer.
Gimme a sec

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I know that story. It's one of those which have depth, layers, it's not a Zeitgeist message but an universal truth.
But I've been through horrible #. I barely made it through, it was that unbearable. And one never recovers from that. That stays with you, no matter what you do. Mine was bad, still is, and if you want me to live, people have to take care of me. I'm crippled.
There's just a massive amount of pain, distrust and desperation that makes you jump up in the middle of the night.
Point is sometimes giving up is not giving up, but being exhausted. It won't make me lose respect and say stupid things like 'just wasn't a fighter/leader'. Do you know what demons they fought?
Talking about it is great, but there are some things you have to live to understand.
Because at the end of the day each one of us is unique. There's exactly 1 life that is the same like yours.
And it's (paraphrasing) like the dude in the documentary says, at some point you have to stop wondering who you are and focus on what you want to 'move'. Because gender and what colour your favorite lipstick is really couldn't be less interesting.
It's a difficult world if you have a heart &/or a brain.
Still: tolerance is a virtue.
Especially in areas like 'know the truth' it's one of those things that are in their absolute (100% ideal fulfilled) form not realistic and not practical.
Because, you can't live it. You would have to rise up to a perspective where you see from a 'bird perspective', zooming out from 3d to 2d map. You can simulate it maybe in meditation, art or however but your human--ness won't allow you to really embrace it in all it's 'dimensions'.
Like sitting in a garden with the smell, the wind, the sun, the sounds, is not the same as looking at a picture of you in the garden.

I know I should maybe improve a little on the tolerance part... but as is my point sometimes it's unbearable. I can either lash out on you, or on me. Verbally. In my tolerance issue I mean.
Isn't that a hell of a cute tiny little 1st world problem?
Soon we'll sip dirt-tea from the crater down the road and'll have a good laugh about how basically everyone of our dear leaders was incompetent, corrupt and probably insane.
But how tolerant we were

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I’m sorry that you mistook my opening remark in the wrong context.

Now I know not everyone is born to fight or lead, but personally struggle with the term “giving up in life

For me it’s about the coming hardship that people do not want to see or are at least prepared to investigate. It’s like “they are set (well off) and comfortable as is, and their children must do their own thing” we had our time. Why must we prepare for something we are not interested in? We are children of God and he will look after us.

On the other hand after reading about your situation I am glad I included it and wish there was a way I could comfort you.

Ok, maybe some situations do justify that, been there in health, are my quality of life worth living? But in some cases a little positivity and fighting spirit opens a new door, and when you look back, you are actually happy you did.

I have been prepping for some years and concentrated on the how to get things done, what I need to achieve this and stock to carry me until I’m able to stand a chance. If it will work out nobody knows.

I promise you one thing though; they will be the first to come knocking when their fancy life cannot give them the food they need. And I will not turn them away but it would have helped if they contributed as their pocket money is my total budget.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ICycle2

Now I know not everyone is born to fight or lead, but personally struggle with the term “giving up in life”.

Why am I at this door?

My cycle studies!!!

Yip I knew nothing when I started out, and now? Far from being able to predict an outcome I did learn a lot, and can see that we are in troubled times. Many can see this, even with the lies to be in control when our basic survival will be a hard reality with the coming cold and food shortages.

Then my nature kicks in: I must fight this. Why, I’m getting old and how will the quality of a possible life be?

Who am I doing it for? How selfish am I, is it really for my kids or about myself.

Answer: Yes it about the self and the self are happy when he gives. Thinking back holding my son in my arms the first time, yes I would have given my life to protect him. Did it change; sometimes it feels that way when arguing but definitely not and I’m sure.

Now I’m at the brick wall where I feel the people around me should know the truth. Oops! They are not interested and again the why. Yes they are not even interested in educating themselves and that make me think about my religious family.

Short story –

A great flood was on the way after heavy rains and people start evacuating the area to survive. Well old Tom was very religious and said that he is going to stay because God is going to protect him.
As the water started rising a 4x4 came pass and called on Tom to save himself and join them driving to safety.
Again Tom said that he is going to stay because God is going to protect him.
As the water reached the second floor a motorboat came by calling Tom to join them on their way to safety.
Yet again Tom said that he is going to stay because God is going to protect him.
As the water reached the roof a helicopter came calling Tom to join them.
Well old Tom was adamant that he is going to stay because God is going to protect him.

So when Tom went to heaven he asked the Lord why he didn’t save him.

I do not understand Tom “I send you a 4x4, then a boat and lastly a helicopter. I ran out of options because you didn’t want to be helped”

Is it worth it, you decide for yourself

The coast guard sent the boat and helicopter but sure, cute anecdote.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Sorry I was distracted and pre-occupied and maybe a little under the influence.
If it's too off-topic ask a mod to delete it I can't edit anymore.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Why did they have to go past Tom's house at all? They could have gone by Steve's although Steve was long gone having already taken steps to save himself and his family. That the coast guard happened to send two vehicles by the same place is the work of God.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ICycle2
a reply to: Peeple

For me it’s about the coming hardship that people do not want to see or are at least prepared to investigate. It’s like “they are set (well off) and comfortable as is, and their children must do their own thing” we had our time.

I don't know if you meant it in a negative way but the term 'well off ' hit me the wrong way.
Most people have studied/worked hard for years to be where they are . They are 'well off' because of that hard work and all the sacrifices that came with it.

Why when people mention the average American who's 'well off ' , they will never mention the 'elites' in the same sentence? The 'elites', the 1%ers who own more than 50% of the world's wealth?
I know you meant for people to be prepared for hard times, but I'm sick to the bones of hearing people call hard working people 'well off'.

top topics

join