It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding your brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 01:40 AM
link   
On a high level, your brain uses previous memories to execute actions most benefitial to you at that time.

One level down, you have two sides of your brain. One that is instructive and one that is creative. Depending on what side of your brain prevails in daily thought, you will have utilization of emotions based on whatever side of the brain is in focus.

One more level down. The "instructed" individual will most likely be a highly educated person. Most of their brain space is occupied with data and past experiences. This type of person is easily controlled as they've already accepted direction. The problem comes in when you look at the creative people.

Creative people come from all faiths, political background, geological location... all the way down to single moms and dads. Some of the things they say could be offensive. This whole narrative that everyone is a thin skinned, weak and can't engage in conversation over these things is absurd! What creative people do is designate more of their brain space to what's happening right now. That's how comedians are so funny as an example. The term "thinking on your feet" isn't a made up meme from the 20th century.

I'll reply more if anyone has any questions.

TLDR: Conciously decide to observe whats going on around you and not base all decisions on the past.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

What is your take on self educated people in context with paragraph 3? I would think that there are two kinds of education, the blindly accepted and the derived from own thoughts.

For the first, we just need to accept the input and cross reference if the overall framework of what we just learned makes sense. Like looking at a LEGO house the daughter just made. I observe it, extract the visible information and as my daughter told me it's a house, I verify that claim by shapes and memories and accept it's existence. I can put force into the wall to check out how stable it is for example. And maybe determine that interlocking blocks are more stable than just stacks of the same block on top of each other.

But building up the house myself, countless decisions were made and things learned. Like interlocking 4x2 blocks gives me 2x2 overlaps maxing out stability. That I can use interlocking flat strips blocks to build a crane that can lift a pound of flour. We did that once, I was amazed as the load distribution was visible.

Through that and experimenting with bigger blocks, my daughter learned that force can be redirected if you think in triangles. And all that by herself, wasn't even the intention we just wanted to build something we never did. This couples with creativity, it provides the "let's try that and see what happens" and interpret the result.

That is why I think highly of Waldorf schools, and thinking about sending my daughter to one. I know someone that worked at one he said that it was the best school ever because the children want to learn, they have fun learning and when the circumstances are macro managed, they thrive in ways seldom seen. Acceptance by the rest of the world is the one thing it lacks currently.

I think the school concept we utilize does not cater to our natural "try & discover" mode of operation. It is the best I could come up with though, to achieve conformity in education. The first few classes, basically elementary school I was bored in school because I already could read when I joined school. That I learned from watching my mothers finger running over the lines. The teachers always wrote into my half- and yearly mark sheet that I am easy distracted and often dreaming. Yeah no wonder, I was bored as I finished the tasks early and had time on my hand for dreaming. No one gave me any food for thought. That changed when in 6th class physics and chemistry was introduced to us. We had a teacher that was able to recognize this in me and another pupil so she made sure we are occupied with additional tasks. Like preparing something for the next class and let us figure it out ourselves.

That teaches how to approach a problem and also how to tune into teamwork and someone other's thinking processes.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Interesting thread, I am posting so I can contribute later, perhaps by explaining some visuals of my mental filing system regarding the milestone events I use to reference as I "think on my feet" ....literally..

S+F

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot
That reads interesting and you might utilize space-time-memory synesthesia to achieve that.

When you find the time, please do share, there is interest.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm a mouse, and my brain does not follow any human brain patterns.

Being a white footed mouse, I like nuts.....there are some here at ATS

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
That reads interesting and you might utilize space-time-memory synesthesia to achieve that.

When you find the time, please do share, there is interest.

OK...

When I was small, and young too, I never wanted or had the urge to run from what I always knew belonged in my upstairs...my mind. I was a coward on the outside but not within so had no desires to run from myself.

I struggled for years but eventually found my calm.

It started with a corridor, an office type corridor where I find myself standing.

At the end about 30 feet away is a window up to the ceiling and down to waist level. The sun streams in through frosted glass, so great ambient diffused light that seems warm, there is no outside view but I know it exists.

The corridor is as wide as my outstretched arms can reach.

The right hand wall was the same style all the way down as the far end wall but without the sunlight, there is also a door on that wall just ahead of me. I have never been in or out of it but it stays there just because it belongs and would be more conspicuous by it's absence.

The left hand wall is solid up to the ceiling with a single shelf just above head height. On there sits a number of box files, they contain the big things that have happened in my life, people, places, events and the like. They are always random when I consider them as it is the concept that is important, not a visual identity for each one

I have no idea what is behind me, it is irrelevant.

When I was younger, the floor was strewn with bits of paper, the things that I felt needed to be sorted out.

Over time, the floor has been cleared, the door on my right still hasn't been used and the light still shines in.

This is a place where my thoughts can be examined, clarified, filed and tidied up as life goes on and things crop up.

I love it, and love the fact that it is such a simple place to contemplate that no longer needs endless tidying and certainly doesn't need any changing.

I explained this place to a psycoanalyst once after a girlfriend said the classic "you need help".

He smiled all the while and when I finished telling him about it he said "you are fine".

The girlfriend was no friend and I moved her out a week later.

The sun will always shine in my corridor and nothing will stop it. Even when I no longer go there perhaps.

edit on 1/5/2022 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I explained this place to a psycoanalyst once after a girlfriend said the classic "you need help".

He smiled all the while and when I finished telling him about it he said "you are fine".

Indeed you are fine and not "diagnosing" you, but you may want to check this out:

Spatial sequence synesthesia and the siblings to it. No mental sickness, different kind of perception. You are fine.

I also like your signature.

edit on 2.5.2022 by TDDAgain because: fixed link and stuff

top topics

join