It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2021 Canadian UFO Survey report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It’s here!

The Canadian UFO Survey 2021 was released this afternoon.
For those who are unfamiliar, this is a major effort to put together.
It requires getting in touch with almost every UFO organization across the country.
Then translating that data into an excel sheet.
We put a lot of work into this, as we do every year, but this year more so for me due to multiple commitments across my professional and volunteer work.

Here is a link to the pdf for your viewing pleasure.

Link to 2021 UFO Survey

Some notables:
2021 had 722 UFO reports across Canada.

Ontario had the highest report rate. With Quebec coming in second.

Out of all 722 reports, we determined 7.2% were unexplainable at this time.

A couple notable cases:

May 9, 2021 4:00 am
Hudson Bay, SK
A Delta Air Lines aircraft flying from Fairbanks, Alaska, to Minneapolis, Minnesota was cruising at 39000ft when the pilot asked ATC as to the identity of the traffic well above them and moving right to left. The controller advised that there was no known traffic in the area. The pilot replied that they couldn’t figure out what it was, either. CADORS 2021C1804

June 20, 2021 8:55 am
Langley, BC
At 5000ft, the pilot of a Cessna “reported an unknown black object off its wing. The object was approximately 1-2 meters in length and was also at 5000ft. No other sightings by other aircraft in the vicinity.” CADORS: 2021P0909

July 11, 2021 9:16 am
Over southern Ontario
A Skywest airliner from Boston to Chicago and an Allegiant Air airliner from Boston to Grand Rapids were “co-located” on Michigan ATC radar at 34000ft and 36000ft, respectively. A “splat” appeared on radar 0.2NM ahead of both aircraft at 36000ft. The conflict alert sounded. The controller queried both pilots what they were seeing on their traffic alert and collision avoidance system (TCAS). Each identified the other but had no other targets on TCAS or visually. The anomalous target remained co-located with the airliners for approximately three minutes. CADORS: 2021O0973

July 29, 2021 9:55 pm
Anticosti Island, PQ
A Department of National Defence aircraft from Trenton, Ontario, to Cologne, Germany, and a KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Airbus from Boston, Maryland to Amsterdam, Netherlands, both reported seeing a bright green object fly into the clouds and then disappear. The former aircraft was at 30000ft and thought it was flying; while the latter was at 40000ft and thought it was much higher space debris. There was no indication of the direction of movement, speed or any identifying marks. CADORS 2021A0440

Link to some noteworthy cases
edit on 30-4-2022 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Drone, Drone, Drone and the green goblin.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Lol. Entirely possible!
Including the Green Goblin haha.

That’s why I’m glad that larger drones like one of mine come with a transmitter that broadcasts its position and tells me of other aircraft in the area.
But my drone is $50,000.
Not exactly the $2000, everyday consumer level drone.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Link to 2021 UFO Survey

July 29, 2021 9:55 pm
Anticosti Island, PQ
A Department of National Defence aircraft from Trenton, Ontario, to Cologne, Germany, and a KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Airbus from Boston, Maryland to Amsterdam, Netherlands, both reported seeing a bright green object fly into the clouds and then disappear. The former aircraft was at 30000ft and thought it was flying; while the latter was at 40000ft and thought it was much higher space debris. There was no indication of the direction of movement, speed or any identifying marks. CADORS 2021A0440

Link to some noteworthy cases

Boston, Massachusets
or Baltimore Maryland?

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Joking aside it is a really good grouping of reported sightings.

Have you had time to comb through it thoroughly?

Wondering if you found any that were extra thought provoking.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Mac,

Curious if Canada has an organization like NARCAP that looks at UAP sightings from an aviation safety standpoint?

Cheers

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Good catch.
Boston Mass.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I’ve dug through almost all of the MUFON cases. And thumbed over the other agency cases, but as for full on investigating the others, No I haven’t.
We’re you curious for cases of credibility or high strangeness?
It’s rare when those two go hand in hand lol.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Not that I can recall in the public space.

NORAD and Transport Canada.
But when it comes to releasing that data to the public, it’s pretty hush.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Thanks Mac.

Cheers

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Always high strangeness.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
www.ctvnews.ca...

Ahead of the release of a much-anticipated U.S. intelligence report on aerial phenomena, former Canadian defence minister Harjit Sajjan received a briefing on UFOs.

Documents obtained by CTVNews.ca reveal the June 2021 briefing followed a flurry of mainstream media coverage about a then-upcoming report on U.S. military sightings of “unidentified aerial phenomena,” or UAP, the term American officials use for what are more commonly known as unidentified flying objects and UFOs.

“I expect I am not alone in noting the recent increase in comment regarding Unidentified Flying Objects in the media internationally, particularly in the U.S.,” Sajjan’s then-chief of staff wrote in a May 19, 2021 email to senior defence officials. “I believe it is prudent to request a full briefing for Minister Sajjan from the Canadian perspective on this issue.”

interesting to see Government interest in UFOs, but only at a minor level.

top topics

join