It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rapid division of America (why, Its not why you think)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: vkey08

until this is called out for what it is, leftists indoctrination at the academic levels, it will only continue to get worse. Pretending it's not happening isn't getting it done. And no, republicans aren't any better, they just aren't the one's doing the really stupid #, they are watching and doing nothing.

The left needs to decide if the majority supports the radicals, or the centrists. Right now, the radicals are the loudest, and if the centrists continue to say nothing, they will continue.

Hate to put it all on you, but I can only make so many threads pointing this out.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

until this is called out for what it is, leftists indoctrination at the academic levels, it will only continue to get worse. Pretending it's not happening isn't getting it done. And no, republicans aren't any better, they just aren't the one's doing the really stupid #, they are watching and doing nothing.

The left needs to decide if the majority supports the radicals, or the centrists. Right now, the radicals are the loudest, and if the centrists continue to say nothing, they will continue.

Hate to put it all on you, but I can only make so many threads pointing this out.

Not going to disagree that at some colleges the indoctrination is very very strong. (UC Davis and UC Berkley come to mind) But there is also a very loud noise coming from the far right as well, drowning out reason also.

For example, I got called into work today (I was hoping to take a few days off for myself and spend them vegetating watching Soap from beginning to end) Seems the locals were trying to make sense of some Traveller vs Driver word salad. As I arrived the gentleman (and I use the term loosely) was trying to plead that his car was his vessel and he was a Traveller. When he noted that I should know the definition of "motor vehicle" I had to remind him that the Constitution he so kept pointing to also has a little thing called the 10th amendment.

He took his ticket form the locals and slunk away.

Point is that he was spewing some of the vilest far far right wing stuff I have ever heard, and while I live in a predominantly conservative area, it was even too much for people around here. There are a lot more like him, and they are just as loud and just as prevalent in society. They are normally the ones that think Donald Trump is God and vice versa. My big problem is that both sides are a danger not just the far left.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Why didn't you share what the "vile" things this horrible right-wing extremist was "spewing"? I'm sorry, but when someone says "vile" or terms like "hate speech", I no longer believe it means what it really means. Kinda like how Antifa and those on the far left constantly accuse anyone on the right of being Nazis etc for actually having simple common sense views which don't line up with extreme leftist views like thinking that men can be pregnant etc.

I also don't trust the whole "both sides do it" BS when most people on the right are moderate libertarian types, where the left has totally gone off the deep end. Usually the left uses the "both sides" BS when they know they've gone off the rails way too far and they know it, but have to do damage control to make it seem like "all sides" are as crazy as them, which is just a lie.

edit on 3-5-2022 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: vkey08

originally posted by: network dude

Not going to disagree that at some colleges the indoctrination is very very strong. (UC Davis and UC Berkley come to mind) But there is also a very loud noise coming from the far right as well, drowning out reason also.

For example, I got called into work today (I was hoping to take a few days off for myself and spend them vegetating watching Soap from beginning to end) Seems the locals were trying to make sense of some Traveller vs Driver word salad. As I arrived the gentleman (and I use the term loosely) was trying to plead that his car was his vessel and he was a Traveller. When he noted that I should know the definition of "motor vehicle" I had to remind him that the Constitution he so kept pointing to also has a little thing called the 10th amendment.

He took his ticket form the locals and slunk away.

Point is that he was spewing some of the vilest far far right wing stuff I have ever heard, and while I live in a predominantly conservative area, it was even too much for people around here. There are a lot more like him, and they are just as loud and just as prevalent in society. They are normally the ones that think Donald Trump is God and vice versa. My big problem is that both sides are a danger not just the far left.

the difference is, he sounded like an idiot, and you recognized that. You may have even commented to someone about his idiocy. Why don't you do that when the left does it? They don't know they are idiots, nobody tells them. tell them.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I do tell them, they don't listen either.

I've told many a D person that they are trying to ram a position that's insane down everyone's throats. They jut laugh and comment that it's not 1850..

Whatever..

I have to bow out for a few days, the large news that's been coming out for the past 24 has unfortunately meant a lot of re-assignments of people to places we don't really want to be. (although if I could get Hawaii I'd be happy)

Why can't everyone just chill and wait for the hammer to fall rather than almost riot about what may be.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It all started with Karl Rove. He figured out that people were not voting for his candidate. They were voting against the other candidate. So he focused all of his campaign efforts on discrediting Gore, and let his own candidate present himself as a blathering idiot who wasn't Gore.

It worked. Biden's campaign did exactly the same thing, only a stronger version of it.

A simple fix: add a "negation" option to the ballot. Let a person vote negative. If you hate Biden, you don't vote for Trump. You just vote -1 Biden. In which case that's your whole vote. You don't name anyone, just say "not that guy"

Easy fix. A candidate would have to show some respect to the other side, or risk being -1 voted by them (instead of them +1 voting their favorite.) Third parties would win sometimes, if the first two discredit each other too much and end up with 0 or fewer votes.

As near as I can tell, every state has the freedom to determine its own voting system. So any state where citizens have ballot measures and are able to alter their own states' constitution, they could make that change for their own state.

fyi: its actually and accurately called the "Disinformaion Board"

"

Shall we call it the "ministry of falsehood" then?

Or "ministry of disinformation". It's like they just wanted us to see it as the opposite of "Ministry of Truth", even though it has the same function: censorship.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Honestly I don't care what you call it,I was making point to call it the Ministry of Truth as in 1984 is a misnomer. The board does not have the authority to pull a story from the news or any online outlet, only put out what it calls "corrections".

So in that respect it is toothless.

My bigger problem lately will be addressed in another post.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The board does not have the authority to pull a story from the news or any online outlet, only put out what it calls "corrections".

If I'm not mistaken, it has the authority to issue fines.

So in that respect it is toothless.

They're not quite fangs, but it has its baby teeth. We'll see what it ultimately ends up with after those start to fall out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join