It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2022 NFL Draft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I’m watching the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft. My hubby and I used to watch this together, before he had two strokes and wound up in a nursing home. So now I watch it alone and let him know what happened when I talk to him on the phone. It’s still fun to watch, but not as fun without him. But I do it for both of us. I’m a huge NFL fan, with my hometown team the Green Bay Packers. My dream is to attend an NFL Draft live, in whatever city it’s in. Vegas looks like a lot of fun.

Anyone else out there an NFL fan?

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
I’m watching the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft. My hubby and I used to watch this together, before he had two strokes and wound up in a nursing home. So now I watch it alone and let him know what happened when I talk to him on the phone. It’s still fun to watch, but not as fun without him. But I do it for both of us. I’m a huge NFL fan, with my hometown team the Green Bay Packers. My dream is to attend an NFL Draft live, in whatever city it’s in. Vegas looks like a lot of fun.

Anyone else out there an NFL fan?

I am a huge Bengals fan and my wife and I watch the draft every year. We have a party with a few friends over. It is a good time and a good excuse to socialize and talk football.
edit on 2022/4/28 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Vegas is perfect for the draft but so was Nashville

Huge Falcons fan here I watched some of the draft and listened to a couple of podcasts during it. I probably pay attention to it more than I should but it's a harmless distraction from the real world for a few hours

Green Bay got two outstanding defensive players both should be high-quality contributors if not starters. Watched both Walker and Wyatt a lot at Georgia, they are quick and explosive defensive guys. They will be fun to watch on defense.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD
I've lived my whole life 15 minutes from where the Patriots play so I'd say I'm a fan.
Seems like fun to go to a draft but seems like a lot of money, for what? If I'm going to Vegas I'm going to spend my money at a party, what's the difference between being there live and just reading it on your phone?

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ravens drafted two highly regarded prospects.

every year I swear I'm going to give up on the NFL but I always go back.

(I really hate the Steelers btw)

would love to see a Ravens-Packers Super Bowl.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
I've lived my whole life 15 minutes from where the Patriots play so I'd say I'm a fan.
Seems like fun to go to a draft but seems like a lot of money, for what? If I'm going to Vegas I'm going to spend my money at a party, what's the difference between being there live and just reading it on your phone?

Ive heard Nashville was an absolutely party, but it and Vegas too are best enjoyed with at least a long weekend. Philly, Chicago, and Cleveland were for their fans and weren't destination draft parties like Vegas and Nashville were.

Mostly though Im sure it's a lot like the Fan Fest things the NFL puts on for Super Bowl week. Those are fun just because of all the people and chaos etc. It isn't about who gets drafted where perse it's about partying and keeping the NFL on the minds of the public and media.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Pack fan here too. Those picks were less than impressive yesterday. They need a replacement for Davante.
A rookie won't cut it, can't fill shoes that big.
If the Pack doesn't get Debo or DK Metcalf their SB chances are almost zero. Antonio Brown is still out there too, but he's nuts and is getting older. The Pack is weaker than last year with offensive talent. They need to make a move at some point soon. I'd like to see them acquire Metcalf. He could be the difference maker in the Pack winning another SB. They have 3 years left, if their lucky, with Rodgers, they need to be aggressive with the "win now" mentality and get Rodgers a real replacement for Adams. It's the Packers though, so don't hold your breath.

new topics

top topics

join