It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrible Horrible Stories What is happening with our Youth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

It's sad to say, but it's probably already too late.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Back in the day if you had a problem with another, you fought it out Queensbury rules with the boxing gloves on in the gym, after you shook hands and that was usually that. You never kicked a man when he was down and if he gave up that was an end to it. The beheading and general violence was never on the TV. I think the two world wars had something to do with it, my music teacher was a bit strange, one day he shared a story of sitting in a trench and there was an explosion and he was the only one left with all his body parts. He thought he had been spared to teach music. That was the first world war. All the teachers were chain smokers in class, they used to light a ciggy or a pipe. If they went off they would fly at you and just about beat you up, discipline was definitely Stockholm syndrome stuff. That was a private school, you actually had to pay to attend. It is a different world nowadays.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Our society is falling apart. Mothers back when I was young in the early sixties didn't work full time. Their job was to bring up kids to fit into society and try to keep their kids from becoming monsters...but things changed. That job was the most important job a person could have. Now everyone needs to work to make it and the kids wind up in Day care centers and the parents cannot properly condition the kids to be good, the kids are torn between what they teach at daycare and what they have to do at home. A lot of parents believe the daycare is going to take care of everything. This is the third or fourth generation this is happening in. Parents now think being a good parent is supplying the kid with technology...most time the kids are not even being taught to clean up after themselves when they cook or have a snack...My kids needed to clean up after they were done eating or cooking, it did not take much time to wash a few pots and dishes or put the dishes in the dishwasher when they finished making something or eating.

Does anyone think that playing games on a computer is going to teach kids to be good citizens? Kids need to be taught that they are responsible for their actions and that what they do when they are young effects their future.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, we do.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: JAGStorm

You've honestly never heard of a 14 year old or younger committing a violent crime?

You know a lot of murderers start off as mutilating pets and animals in their youth...

Wiki link

the 14 yo was her older cousin.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think something happened akin to the old Ghost Busters movie where the gates of hell portal opened up and demons went into our realm causing havoc.
Perhaps Cern? How else do we account for evil on every level, every age, every location? Watching Pelosi during the last SOTU address was just a inkling of what is full-blown demonic.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
One of the most important books that I have read is David McGowan's, 'Programmed to Kill: The Politics of Serial Murder'. It's an extremely heavyweight piece of journalism that gives a very different view of the world.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

originally posted by: game over man

You've honestly never heard of a 14 year old or younger committing a violent crime?

You know a lot of murderers start off as mutilating pets and animals in their youth...

Wiki link

the 14 yo was her older cousin.

Yes, and apparently the murderer's father is a convicted sex offender in Wisconsin. The murderer lived with his mother, the little girl's aunt (her father's sister)

The little girl lived with her dad; her mom had just been arrested and jailed for defrauding family members.

Based on local chatter from Reddit, meth was also an issue with the families. The whole thing is just very sad.

I am not inclined to blame supernatural forces for the reprehensible behavior of flesh and blood humans. This poor little girl almost never had a chance , predominantly due to the terrible and selfish choices of the adults in her life.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gkskg

Yes, and apparently the murderer's father is a convicted sex offender in Wisconsin. The murderer lived with his mother, the little girl's aunt (her father's sister)

I know a lot of people up in that area and when the news first broke out it was very scary. They were telling people not to let your kids walk outside alone etc. Glad they found the boy but what a sad story.
Sounds like the whole family was very messed up.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

You said it. Todays youth really need to be knocked down a peg or 12. I had some punk teenager(later found out he was almost 18) literally stood in a door way and was forcing people to go around him. I was pumping gas and watched this for a bit. I needed to go inside and someone was coming in the other door he was not blocking and so i simple planted my foot in his ass and gave a huge shove. He went sprawling and tried being a tough guy. I simply stated if you want respect you give it. If you want trouble you give it. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. He did not approve and followed me to my car. I carry everywhere. I opened my door. He saw it in the door and actually ended up getting kicked in the face for going for it. I am not proud of it. I forgot i had my steel toes on. Cops came saw the video and let me go and arrested him for harassment and i didn't want to press charges and I figured he had enough and learned his lesson. I feel bad for my behavior but for #s sake. No damn respect for others.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Of course, don't those societies also have astronomical suicide rates too?

Japan apparently does. and that goes to what i was saying. a lot of it stemming from the pressures of their education, where how well you do in school, all through school (even grade school), decides what your adult life and job will be. with students segregated by how well they do, and the cosmetician that causes to get into one of the higher classes, so they can get a good job later in life. with almost no real upward mobility possible, from the life the school class placement gives them. a school life filled not just school classes, but also cram schools, and premonitory schools outside of school, hoping that they can get into those better classes and even schools, so they can get a good job after schooling is over.

then you have countries like the Philippines, where there may not be quite as much pressure to perform well in school (hence not so many suicides). yet where "education" is still important. as to even get a job such as a cashier in Walmart, needing a collage degree (preferably in accounting), is needed. even to just pump gas, or drive a fuel truck you need a collage education. and on top of that, you must also have good English skills to get a job, even including a job like working at McDonalds. no good English skills, good luck finding almost any job outside of setting up your own food kiosk, sari sari store and the like. (which all unfortunately keeps the poor, poor, and hard to get out of the cycle, since cheaper schools (and we are talking right down to grade school having to be paid for), don't give as good an education, especially being rather poor in teaching English.

and this is why Japanese and Asians in general are "such good students" on the whole even in countries like North America. as their parents and family carry that type of education pressure going even generations later.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarlokOmega
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

You said it. Todays youth really need to be knocked down a peg or 12. I had some punk teenager(later found out he was almost 18) literally stood in a door way and was forcing people to go around him. I was pumping gas and watched this for a bit. I needed to go inside and someone was coming in the other door he was not blocking and so i simple planted my foot in his ass and gave a huge shove. He went sprawling and tried being a tough guy. I simply stated if you want respect you give it. If you want trouble you give it. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. He did not approve and followed me to my car. I carry everywhere. I opened my door. He saw it in the door and actually ended up getting kicked in the face for going for it. I am not proud of it. I forgot i had my steel toes on. Cops came saw the video and let me go and arrested him for harassment and i didn't want to press charges and I figured he had enough and learned his lesson. I feel bad for my behavior but for #s sake. No damn respect for others.

Good for you mate , I would have lost my temper.

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Move out? In America? You get a restraining order and prevent the kid and family from coming within a 1000 feet of your kid. Make them move.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join