It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The post-Covid U.S. Economic Recovery Seems to Have Ended Quickly. Q1-2022.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Breaking US Economic News: 4.28.2022

Is Ukraine, Putin, or Biden, the primary cause of this BAD NEWS?

US economy shrank 1.4% at beginning of 2022, marking worst quarter in 2 years.

Economists expected the economy to expand by 1.1%, a marked slowdown from 2021.

Source: www.foxbusiness.com...

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/28/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The BIDEN Commerce people say Covid-19 returned and did the damage.

The country's economic activity for the first quarter of this year, known as its Gross Domestic Product, declined at an annualized rate at 1.4%, the Commerce Department said Thursday.

The report, issued by the agency's Bureau of Economic Analysis, attributed the decline in large part to the spike in COVID-19 cases as a result of the emergence late last year of the virus' Omicron variant.

"In the first quarter, an increase in COVID-19 cases related to the Omicron variant resulted in continued restrictions and disruptions in the operations of establishments in some parts of the country," the bureau said.
Source:
justthenews.com...

There were no major shutdowns or lockdowns due to Omicron.

Is our economy so fragile that merely the fear of a virus causes it to faulter?

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I would have to say Biden did most of it.

I was going to say it another way but I just can't bring myself to put the three words in the same sentence.

I

Vote

Biden

Now I have to wipe off my screen.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That is because most Democrat rat hell holes are using the covid relief, to push for agendas in schools, rather than helping the states to recover.

I am sure that is not only about CRT that is funded but the pedo gender and sex grooming for minors.

Dem-run states used COVID-19 relief to push CRT in schools; Plan to block Musk Twitter buy shot down

www.foxnews.com...

Our hard earned and pay for tax dollars at work.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The Biden commerce people must've missed:

-Rampant inflation from insane amounts of government overspending.

-sanctioning Russia over a conflict we have absolutely nothing to do with outside of virtue signaling.

-putting a big chunk of the country on extended welfare ( pandemic unemployment benefits ) for nearly 2 years, then being surprised they don't have the discipline to return to work.

-allowing mega corporations to buy up massive amounts of farmland and single family homes across the U.S. with zero government regulation

-the Fed announcing they're raising interest rates.

Yeah...but Covid. The device that they used to their benefit to push the world towards more centralized control. It's almost like this was....planned.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The post-Covid U.S. Economic Recovery Seems to Have Ended Quickly. Q1-2022.

I don't see evidence of that where I live. Construction booming, new businesses opening up everywhere, Starting pay at record levels and jobs everywhere. No masks or other covid restrictions. And everyone is sick of the sound of this incessant whine. Lead, follow or GTF out of the way.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I don't see evidence of that where I live. Construction booming, new businesses opening up everywhere, Starting pay at record levels and jobs everywhere. No masks or other covid restrictions. And everyone is sick of the sound of this incessant whine. Lead, follow or GTF out of the way.

Probably because the article also said this:

"Huge miss on GDP this morning, but just looking at headlines is misleading," said Cliff Hodge, chief investment officer for Cornerstone Wealth. "We’d rate the report neutral overall. Trade, inventories and government spending all dragged, but the consumer held up and business investment was strong."

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

The Biden commerce people must've missed:

-Rampant inflation from insane amounts of government overspending.

-sanctioning Russia over a conflict we have absolutely nothing to do with outside of virtue signaling.

-putting a big chunk of the country on extended welfare ( pandemic unemployment benefits ) for nearly 2 years, then being surprised they don't have the discipline to return to work.

-allowing mega corporations to buy up massive amounts of farmland and single family homes across the U.S. with zero government regulation

-the Fed announcing they're raising interest rates.

Yeah...but Covid. The device that they used to their benefit to push the world towards more centralized control. It's almost like this was....planned.

Look at this: www.foxnews.com...

The newly formed Biden "Ministry of Truth" will probably flag your post as disinformation!

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

OMG.. The states have YEARS to spend the billions of dollars in COVID $$$ our Federal Government sent to them.

Source: www.ncsl.org...

That would explain why the Governor of Illinois is buying his re-election by sending out $50 to all remaining residents.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

He probably get a visit from the Dementors to take away his soul,
is just incredibly interesting to see how the Marxist communist Democrats are trying to change the face of America with oppression, violating freedom of speech and it seems they think they can get away with it.

DHS is nothing but a pawn this days and soo many other agencies taken by the democrats, but we all know this started a long time ago with Obama and Billary Clinton.

I will be ready to use my spell of light tonight when the Dementors comes for me.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

DHS is hiding the number of drugs and cartel and gang members coming here through Mexico, but are gearing up to restrict Americans exercising free speech on social media.

The DHS and CDC have both gone haywire.

TIME TO IMPEACH THE MAN AT THE TOP.

"The buck stops here...with me. Period!" - Joseph Robinette Biden

edit on 4/28/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is just the fallout from current admin policies.

There are jobs but no one wants them.
There is construction but prices, if you are in that business, are almost doubled or tripled for some goods and services.
Diesel is over 5 bucks a gallon.
Gas is 4.25 a gallon.
Food prices I have seen rise 50 to 150% as well as smaller quantity in the same packaging. (7lbs of ice instead of 8 is the funniest)

COVID is over. Trillions have been spent. Here we are....if you think it is bad now wait till China makes their move and trade tanks....

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The democrats are stealing the taxpayers money without any problems printing money at will, they are not finished, their backers still wants their due rewards.

You think they care about regular hard working joe? hell not, we are not in their happy gifts list.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I know. The craziest one that just happened is my son goes to a local college. Out of the blue he got an email stating if you need are eligible for a 2k COVID Stimulus. For what?

You have First Responders making starting at 19 bucks an hour and McDonalds is offering 14 locally.

Insanity....

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

TIME TO IMPEACH THE MAN AT THE TOP.

and celebrate the first brain dead woman of color who used her under the desk skills to get to the top? I'm not sure that's a good thing.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The various stimulus programs have ended. 2/3 of them were under Trump and the rest Biden. We still have supply chain issues, China is locking on and off, and oil at $100. Oh yeah, Putin's war is squeezing the world food supply, and war is usually inflationary.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBoomersRBusted

I think people saved up their stimulus and tax refund money and are now spending it on vacations because every resort, every airline, every cruise ship is full.

I could not find a decent hotel in Nashville last week for under $200 per night. Even motel 6 was charging $175.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

How much stimulus and other, yes, lots of money was saved. Much saving is continuing with working from home - gas, parking, lunch, and pants.

So we have a two things, slightly in conflict: a huge demand rebound to to get the heck out of the house, and the end of artificial stimulus. Add a big and growing war. What a recipe!

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
As a student of history, I've been expecting the whole Covid crisis to undermine the global economy for some years to come. Think about it; fewer people working, fewer things being made, less income around to buy things, which means less income for the makers and producers, who in turn have less income to buy other things. And any food price rises also affect people's ability to buy other things, which reinforces the vicious circle. It's a decade or two too early to be thinking of economic recovery.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

and celebrate the first brain dead woman of color who used her under the desk skills to get to the top? I'm not sure that's a good thing.

You how this woman nobody knew before elections but those that are the closes to her? because her great attributes "running her mouth".
She was not even popular in her political hometown.

Is just beyond me, how our nation is been run by incompetents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join