It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take What You Need

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I've noticed some members on here getting a little grumpy lately, maybe myself included.
I saw something online and it really touched my heart, and I wanted to share something similar with you.

Take what you need.........

HOPE CALM
HEALING SPACE
PEACE FRESH START
JOY FRIEND
FORGIVENESS BALANCE
SERENITY PROGRESS
HAPPINESS STRENGTH
LOVE FOCUS
COURAGE UNDERSTANDING
FREEDOM SYMPATHY
MOTIVATION FOCUS
HUGS CARE
FAITH SUPPORT

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I've noticed some members on here getting a little grumpy lately, maybe myself included.
I saw something online and it really touched my heart, and I wanted to share something similar with you.

Take what you need.........

HOPE CALM
HEALING SPACE
PEACE FRESH START
JOY FRIEND
FORGIVENESS BALANCE
SERENITY PROGRESS
HAPPINESS STRENGTH
LOVE FOCUS
COURAGE UNDERSTANDING
FREEDOM SYMPATHY
MOTIVATION FOCUS
HUGS CARE
FAITH SUPPORT

I didn't see "a cold beer with a close friend" in that list.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

May I add a few Jag?

BEANS
BULLETS
RICE
WATER
PURIFIER
FIRST AID KIT
PDF SURVIVAL GUIDES

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

This video checks every box on the list, especially "Serenity Progress"

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!
Love it!

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Uplifting Cole. I first heard these cats in the late nineties while volunteering at a non-profit radio station. A lot of the time music can seem to get repetitive and merely copying or morphing other styles. Not so with Stimmhorn.

I was so entranced and energized by them that I bought a half dozen cd's for friends and gave them away to not so tumultuous acclaim, once again painting myself as weird Terry. As I understood it the major voice guy continued on with his experimental styles and did not bend to more popular styles.

There is much to be said for music that develops from isolated cultures not influenced by other music styles. The expanse of musical potentiality is thrilling. Here is a group that I was turned onto in the 80s by a friend who was an international folk dancer who thought them very funny to listen to. Though she introduced them to me as a joke, I, once again was caught up in the simplicity of non-popular music.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I read somewhere that the deep gutteral hummmmmmmm sound helps increase testosterone for men.
maybe ancient and isolated cultures knew this and that helped them survive.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I have heard that as well. Add to that the very nature of the chant. Gregorian and such. The modal styles of Russian folk music. I used to like to chant for meditation and centering. I found though that there were times when a good chant were not possible so I developed for myself a mini-chant, one where I would exercise what you mention above, a short, and quiet so no-one would be bothered by it, guttural ''hum'' that would vibrate in my lower throat and chest.

I"m pretty sure you are also correct about survival. Music can be very simple and connecting. Ancient tribes I like to think chanted together to find a sense of unity. Adding ones voice or sounds in harmony with others is great. Who knows how far back those Tenors type of music go. It's ancient shepherd music I think.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I read somewhere that the deep gutteral hummmmmmmm sound helps increase testosterone for men.

That would explain the popularity of hummers.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Calming

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!
Love it!

Holy yes! I just listened to it three times.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

This always puts me at peace.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

May I add a few Jag?

BEANS
BULLETS
RICE
WATER
PURIFIER
FIRST AID KIT
PDF SURVIVAL GUIDES

I can probably buy bullets, but need a license to buy a gun with which to use them with.

Already know how to purify water, maybe not the bestest way, but it'll keep me alive. And I'll boil that duck till it's rendered into oblivion, as it drank from the water I needed to purify - loads of nasties. I can also eat a tree. well, the bark. Loads of vit. c. Weeds galore are edible, just not near roads. Know how to start a fire with just two bits of wood.

All I'll need is my solar charger, a radio and I'm not missing out on the fud.

People stocking up food and stores of fuel, are targets. Gotta be on the move at all times. so knowing how to be self reliant with what is around you, is paramount. My 2c anyhoo...

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Also, to add...

Mindfulness. It will save you a lot of stress.

Be in the moment, the past doesn't exist anymore, for it has gone. The future is unknown, no one can know... Only the moment counts. This moment. The one right now, that will soon pass. Tomorrow is just a future today, becoming a past yesterday.

Just think, there is no separation of time, really. It's all connected. From a thousand years ago, with people making tools by hand, to right now... the only thing that has created the idea of time, is a night of sleep, over and over and over. Kings, knights, they are not a separate reality, just distanced by existence and forgotten as we move forwards.

^ thought always does my head in. Usually people consider historical things as something else... but it's not. we just kept walking in a single direction. The road has not ended and restarted because we came to be. It's always, and will always, be there.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'll admit it. I've been grumpy.
I dug myself a hole in RL, and am trying to figure out how to get out of it.

AKA, What the heck will make me happy.

New kittens at home have been helping, but now I don't want to get rid of 2 of them. LOL

Hopefully I will get sorted out here soon.

Sorry to anyone I've been snippy to. And thanks for some nice clips!

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Here is a group that I was turned onto in the 80s by a friend who was an international folk dancer who thought them very funny to listen to. Though she introduced them to me as a joke, I, once again was caught up in the simplicity of non-popular music.

The cut to the little girl picking her nose is fantastic too. Poor kid now she'd be an adult.

new topics

top topics

join