It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting timeline

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I dont have twitter. Do you have a link?

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: JinMI
I guess I am a pretty poor person to have a social media account. I have not bought one thing I saw in ads on Facebook or any social media site. I don't even look at an ad with intent to buy anything online.

Ditto... the only reason I even have any social media accounts is because my wife insisted that I be the first to like her FB business page...

I cannot fathom how Musk made so much money, I don't think the stuff he makes are very impressive,

How many Tesla's have you owned?

I don't think we need to be sending rockets into space to go for a ride just to say we were in outerspace...That is way to expensive of a high for me.

Well, that's actually a bit short-sighted dontcha think? I think you'd be surprised just how much of current tech would never have been (or would have taken many decades longer to achieve) had we not engaged in the former space race.

When I was young, I was a treky. I liked anything space ship. I had a model of the enterprise and a model of the Jupiter two. I thought robots were cool. I still like stargate and other scifi...but being a space nut, I still understand much of what those who have jobs creating the spacecraft is not necessary. Look at all the space junk in orbit, look at all the workers tax money being spent on this stuff. Look at the people who are taking these million dollar flights, they got that money from overcharging us and are giving it to one of the richest persons in the world. I took flying lessons, I did a few trips in a jet, I can tell you one thing for sure, it is way more interesting driving a little plane than being a passenger in a jet. I only logged in nineteen hours of flying before I had my heart go wild when I was flying into a forty mile an hour wind and the wind quit and the plane started to just float down...good thing the instructor was with me. But if necessary I can fly and land a plane...which made me feel a little safer about taking a trip by plane. I'm glad I quit, I was pricing up planes, the one I wanted back in the early nineties was a hundred grand...which would have made my life a lot harder if I would have bought it.

They are good at making space flight look necessary, all those guys working in the field want to make money doing what they like. But we really do not need rocket scientists. Society has bee conditioned to believe we do though, just as they are conditioned that we need to fly around the world in faster and faster times. Why? Our environment is falling apart from the wants of people, not from the needs of people.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to buy Twitter.

Simple, Elon wants an uncensored platform for himself.

Do you really think he cares about Trump?

When I voted for Trump I was only voting for him because he was not as lousy of a candidate as the Democrats had...Hillary and Joe were pretty bad. I am perplexed as to why the Democrats cannot find a good honest candidate to run. I figured I would vote for the best VP and not the best Presidential candidate. Pence was better than both that idiot Hillary had and Harris under Joe.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl
... snip ...
They are good at making space flight look necessary, all those guys working in the field want to make money doing what they like. But we really do not need rocket scientists. Society has bee conditioned to believe we do though, just as they are conditioned that we need to fly around the world in faster and faster times. Why? Our environment is falling apart from the wants of people, not from the needs of people.

None of that - absolutely none of it - addresses my point.

The technological advances that are achieved - out of sheer necessity - when engaging in space exploration would never happen under normal circumstances.

You can pretend otherwise all you like it doesn't change reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join