It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is twitter or netflix a good stock to buy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
my friends keep telling me to buy twitter and netflix. Netflix seems to be a better deal. Twitter seems so unpredictable right now. Wondering what everyone thinks.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't bother with Netflix......show after show is going back to the studio that owns it or the rights to it, hence why there are loads of new-ish streaming services......netflix will be reduced to a pale imitation of itself....already talking about lowering prices and introducing adverts to supplement their dwindling users base....plus they took a massive hit with 'Cuties'........dead as a doornail

just my 2 cents though

a reply to: HODOSKE

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Twitter has an earnings call coming up so if you know the business well/have a strong conviction earnings will be great/price action will react accordingly, possibly but it all comes down to:

A) Your investing time horizon
B) Your risk tolerance and capital you are willing to put on the line
C) Entrance/exit strategy - at what price(s) do you plan to buy/sell, will you cut your losses if it falls below X%, etc.

The investment thesis for one person looks much different for someone else.

There is no "one size fits all" approach that makes a certain asset "good" to invest in, it depends on the investor.

PS, sending you a DM

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Way too many streaming services, with more paid and free legal sites seemingly everyday. For half the price of Netflix you can get a vpn and pirate anything you want ad free and from the same site without hopping site to site.

Paid streaming only works when it's easier and more convenient than piracy.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Twitter won’t be a stock anymore and Netflix is on a steep decline. Definitely buy some Netflix. It’ll rise again.

Seeing don’t buy Netflix. Netflix is a major FAANG stock. It isn’t going anywhere. Buy Netflix low.
edit on 26-4-2022 by PassiveSeeker because: FANNG to FAANG

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
without any decent shows because they are returning to to their owners for their own streaming services now the lease Netflix had on them is up, what have they got left......failed originals, and movies no-one wants to watch......apart from stranger things, aint much else reason to keep paying for Netflix.......they are done as a streaming service, especially when they want to introduce ads to a paid for service that people pay for to avoid such things.....its like YouTube introducing ads, then asking you to then pay for the service to stop seeing ads......

a reply to: PassiveSeeker

edit on 26-4-2022 by Akaspeedy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Akaspeedy

You know less than HALF of the people with broadband use any streaming service. Then you can factor in the people that are against or even know about pirating. It’s a small percent. Anyway.

With less than half using any streaming service the market is huge. I don’t like the ad thing either, but it will be tiered. Works fine for Hulu. They didn’t crash and burn. Netflix won’t either.

Netflix is also breaking in to the gaming industry. Think GameFly. Buy Netflix when the bottom flattens out.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Twitter is almost pointless. If the deal goes through the share price is pretty much capped at 54~.

If the shareholders vote no it could tank.

Risk reward doesn't make it appealing IMO.

Netflix is in a saturated market with increasing costs and decreasing content. Their market cap is almost 100b with nothing proprietary to keep such a number afloat.

These are my opinions, and shouldn't be taken as advice. Merely Devils advocate for the bear case.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
but didnt Hulu start off that way....? Youtube barely had 2.5 million people sign up to stop adverts and they get billions of views with all the content posted......netflix now asking people to accept ads on a paid subscription is not gonna fly.......lost 200 odd thousand subscribers already and a crap ton of money, and with the decent shows and movies they had are gone or going, now the lease is up on them, im not sure they've got anything to offer anymore.....they took the mantle from blockbuster, and now they have no mantle left to keep people interested in paying for their services anymore.

and gaming industry ? Gamefly...never heard of them to fair....but after looking at it, isnt that just the same as how Netflix started...? Renting out movies.....physically......does Netflix use that model anymore? nope....no idea why they would want to go down that path again, when most medium is now digital......its gonna end up going the same way.......when gamefly go digital, game companies (same as movie/TV studios pulled or will pull their content from Netflix) will realise they can create their own Subscription based service and pull the game off gamelfly....and almost 16 dollars a month to wait for games to be 'delivered' when youve got gamepass instant download of games.....come on man, its doomed to fail lmao

and this says it all lol 72% bad reviews

uk.trustpilot.com...

I just dont see it working anymore. Netflix (and gamefly) is dead lol

reply to: PassiveSeeker

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   
holy moly....and rent ONE game for almost 16 dollars per month.....You could bloody buy the game outright for 1 to 4 months at that price, and at be able to sell it or trade it in......man you're a sucker if your paying for that service
edit on 26-4-2022 by Akaspeedy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If you had bought $1,000 of Dogecoin back in October 2020 and sold it in May 2021, you would have made $284,00US.

Elon Musk wants to make Dogecoin available to use on Twitter, I've heard. I check its current price, its down from its high last year, sitting at $0.14 right now. I wonder if buying $1,000 would be worth it?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Didn't gamefly get it's start partnering with circuit city in like 2006?
I assumed they went under years ago.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I would not buy netflix especially as , from what I've heard , they won't last
Twitter could be good as now with EM the stocks value probably will continue going up

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I work on Netflix productions among others; Netflix just put 1 billion into infrastructure. I don't think they are going anywhere. I'm buying some of their stock along with twitter.

apnews.com...

Don't forget that Netflix has gone international and is producing for other countries; It's not just a US market.

hbr.org...
edit on 26-4-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser
If you had bought $1,000 of Dogecoin back in October 2020 and sold it in May 2021, you would have made $284,00US.

Elon Musk wants to make Dogecoin available to use on Twitter, I've heard. I check its current price, its down from its high last year, sitting at $0.14 right now. I wonder if buying $1,000 would be worth it?

Dogecoin has an infinite supply, much like fiat.

Bitcoin has a finite supply set. So does litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Zcash, and Dash

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE
my friends keep telling me to buy twitter and netflix. Netflix seems to be a better deal. Twitter seems so unpredictable right now. Wondering what everyone thinks.

Since Musk bought Twitter it's pointless to own since the payout will be $54.20 when its all said and done. Plus the fact he is taking it private after means super pointless.

Netflix is interesting as you could play the options on it and get really lucky if you buy some puts and calls just to be safe. It did drop from $300 to about $195 with resistance in the last few days. I'd buy it at $175 and average down if it goes down further.

I would recommend Microsoft, apple, spy, cisco, and IBM as good plays right now.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
My grandmother did well just holding on to RPM stock over the years.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think Blockbuster and MySpace would be solid picks versus Netflix and Twitter respectively.

top topics

join