It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are not responsible for the Crimes of your Ancestors.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What kind of Scam is being run here?

You are not responsible for the Crimes or Actions of your Ancestors. I'm pretty sure it was in the Magna Carta or something similar. It is a Basic Civil Right.

I'm not responsible for Crimes I did not commit. Neither is anyone else.

Why would this ever be a question in the 21st Century?

Who doesn't believe this?

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

You are not responsible for the Crimes of your Ancestors.

I suppose by their logic we should be blaming our first human Ancestor who threw a rock upon another human.
But you are right on this.
edit on 25-4-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Who is saying that you are responsible for other's crimes?

Who is saying that you are responsible for crimes of your ancestors, relatives, or friends?

I hear this a lot, but I've NEVER heard anyone say that.

And please point to ONE COURT CASE that brings charges against someone who's ancestor committed a crime.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
We’re also governed under maritime law but I’m not at sea…..??

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Western progressives get warm fuzzies when they can point fingers at others and wax morally superior.
I suppose you're referring at least in part to African-Americans. Leftists love to blame (non-leftist) whites for all the problems in the AA community and a lot of them eat it up. So much easier than looking inward at crime and bad schools and immoral behavior and this hideous urban subculture that glorifies drugs and sex and violence, and denigrates education ('acting white').

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Seriously, your joking right?

The leftists, the Democrat's, left wingers (does that cover it?)

Who is in charge of pushing the reparations narrative?

www.brookings.edu...

That is Brookings, ran by those on the left of the left.

Thats who1

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I am not aware of any crimes my ancestors did. Seems that the only thing my ancestors did on my fathers side was to drink too much...and even with that they all seemed to quit in their thirties. I am not saying they did not have an occasional drink after that, but they did not get sloshed and get in trouble when they got past that point.

My ancestors were not rich people, they worked hard to make a living, most of them did farm work or worked in mines or in a factory like setting. Were they entitled white people...hell no, society today...doesn't matter what color you are.. is chuck full of entitled people who want everything done for them. My parents and grandparents, and their parents and grandparents were all people that worked hard to get anything. They were slaves to society as were many people in the generations before me.

Most of my ancestors and uncles and so on were stuck in the army, and you cannot blame them for killing people, it was kill or die during WW11. I suppose if you go back far enough, My great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great grandfather was maybe a Neanderthal and killed some human and stole his wife. I don't have any skeletons in my closet like some people do. There is a lot more room to hang work clothes in a closet if it isn't full of skeletons.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Are we talking about crimes like my ancestors owning slaves on their Virginia plantation?
Cuz if we are I'm going to point out that it wasn't a crime.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
What kind of Scam is being run here?

You are not responsible for the Crimes or Actions of your Ancestors. I'm pretty sure it was in the Magna Carta or something similar. It is a Basic Civil Right.

I'm not responsible for Crimes I did not commit. Neither is anyone else.

Professional "activists" and people that are out to monetize personal or group underachievement and lack of accountability (under the guise of "victimhood") are the ones that looking to perpetrate this scam.

Rest assured, it is a scam of the highest degree.
edit on 25-4-2022 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

This is the M.O. of some posters here. I believe it's a learned behavior from certain media/propoganda sources.

Feign ignorance.

"There is no Antifa, it's just an idea"

If I'm not mistaken this is the same contributor that appeared genuinely baffled that the state of Florida would codify prohibition of CTR and sex ed for toddlers in school curricula. Their lame excuse was "Why would they make that legislation, is that problem currently going on there?"

[KNOCK KNOCK] HELLO, McFLY...

That's called being proactive and taking initiative instead of reactionary thinking and waiting for problems to materialize. Desantis looked around at other states, and put the brakes on that crap even reaching Florida's front door.

But people in favor of racial agitation and grooming don't like it when their agenda is stopped dead in its tracks, so they resort to playing stoopid to try to derail legislative earnest attempts to preserve sanity.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Absolutely.

I can spend 6 months away, come back and it is always the same.

Although, replying to them every now and then helps me keep track
of the landscape.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Abortion is punishing the unborn child for the sins of the parent(s).

So it happens every day.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   

obviously you are talking about slavery, but the problem is that it still exists and is still legal, the 13th amendment clearly states such "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
So much easier than looking inward at crime and bad schools and immoral behavior and this hideous urban subculture that glorifies drugs and sex and violence, and denigrates education ('acting white').

It's not even a subculture anymore. It is the culture! It's not entirely "a black thang" either, it's a societal vibe and frankly becoming acceptable as a career choice.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Are we talking about crimes like my ancestors owning slaves on their Virginia plantation?
Cuz if we are I'm going to point out that it wasn't a crime.

Retro-active crimes are fun, are they not? Can’t wait until everyone’s in jail. Or maybe we are?

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Are you guys taking about the white world set up to only promote whites and white propaganda? The same white patriarchy that only allows white men to hold positions of any kind of power? The same white Christian power structure that doesn’t allow anything but white stuff and white heterosexuality?

I think I covered all the non-white liberal talking points.

CRT and the 1619 projects were other tripe spouted about.

Todays vaulted and mostly fake morality can’t be used to measure events of the past.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Who is saying that you are responsible for other's crimes?

Who is saying that you are responsible for crimes of your ancestors, relatives, or friends?

I hear this a lot, but I've NEVER heard anyone say that.

And please point to ONE COURT CASE that brings charges against someone who's ancestor committed a crime.

So I take it you've never heard of " Reparations " ?

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
One might chalk it up to that old Christian story line. Adam and Eve broke God's law given unto them and because of that all and of mankind has had to pay the price because of what they did.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

There's plenty of ways to creatively sidestep this logic.

Reincarnation, for one. You could be the reincarnation of your ancestors.

Time travel. Who's to say that within the 21st century we couldn't go back and influence the past?

Assassin's Creed. The Animus is a machine that analyzes DNA and allows people to relive their ancestors' memories.

In any case, logical or illogical, there is no current legal structure in place to punish one for the crimes of their ancestors.

Rhetoric is not law.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
One might chalk it up to that old Christian story line. Adam and Eve broke God's law given unto them and because of that all and of mankind has had to pay the price because of what they did.

not familiar with the new testament were ya?

we were absolved of that

If you really were being honest youd either know that or would be aware of it at least

but naaa were just trying to chuck stones arent we, lets be honest.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join