It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football Coach Praying will Probably go to The Supreme Court

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Coaches work for the government?

Yes, they are public employees.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Coaches work for the government?

a reply to: JAGStorm

Yes. Public school teachers are considered state employees.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

thanks for the clarification!

With all the weird indoctrination going on in schools now I suppose you are better off doing a charter/private school or homeschooling.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Private Christian schools are a wonderful thing as are home schools. The separation is growing day by day.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Many men are posting how when they played they felt pressure to join in prayer before a game, etc because it was to be a team thing. No student should feel uncomfortable because a teacher is trying to impose a belief on them, or so I've heard. The only issue is if this is allowed coaches of all religions should be free to do the same. Can you imagine a parents outrage when a coach prays in Arabic with a rousing Allahu Akbar at the end by the team? Heads would explode.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Bet your bottom dollar if your from another certain religious identity it would be fine

a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Many men are posting how when they played they felt pressure to join in prayer before a game, etc because it was to be a team thing.

Exactly. These players shouldn't have to "opt-out" of team prayer.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Listen, Jesus really cares about football. It's a very high priority activity for him and if people want to invoke his blessing on long field goals I totally get the rationale.

Normally I won’t, but this time I’ll spend a dime to chime… Guessing you never played team sports? Football especially becomes a sort of ‘brotherhood’, not unlike the military where there’s literally a lot of blood, sweat and tears poured into it. People get injured, sometimes life-altering in seriousness (paralyzed etc.). Some have died preparing for the sport. The praying is usually at the end of games and thanking whatever ‘god’ they pray to for people not getting injured or praying for the ones who did. It’s not about winning the game.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666
Guessing you never played team sports?

I played football and baseball. There were zero times we invoked Jesus in either.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I played football and baseball. There were zero times we invoked Jesus in either.

Yeah but that was back when initiation involved duct tape, hot dogs and plastic hangers.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   

We had something called the 'Rack of Gnarl', you had to drink random mixed stuff like orange juice and Scope. Good times, not God times.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

We had something called the 'Rack of Gnarl', you had to drink random mixed stuff like orange juice and Scope. Good times, not God times.

People might think we're joking but my school had a "fear factor" type of challenge where you were blind folded and had to eat/drink different mixes....

The worst..........................Tuna and Pepsi mixed.
The teachers watched and laughed with all of us. Those were the days.
edit on 27-4-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Blue cheese, Coke and mouth wash.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Blue cheese, Coke and mouth wash.

OMG GAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just think of these kids now, their parents would be suing for taste bud assault, anxiety, personality disorder due to fear of food.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join