It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macron's victory leads to question marks.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: LesMiserables

Nobody said exit polls were votes. But when your exit polls show one candidate up 15 points, there's no real risk in calling the election when the polls close.

In elections we count votes, not exit polls. The risk is that exit polls do not reflect the votes.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMiserables

If every media outlet is using an exit poll with a 15 point margin of error, then they deserve the embarrassment of calling the election wrong.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sander1976

Question marks in your mind perhaps but in reality not really.

On election day, polling stations in mainland France close at 7pm in most places and at 8pm in the larger cities including Paris. That one-hour lag, which used to be two hours in past elections, is crucial to pollsters who are expected to crunch the numbers and project a winner in time for the 8pm gong.

Unlike in most other democracies, where those projections are based on exit polls,French pollsters base their estimates on ballots that have actually been counted. Those estimates are updated throughout the evening as the vote count progresses.

“We are yet to see pollsters unable to declare a winner, or the second-round finalists, at 8pm,” says Doiret. “Only once was there some confusion, in 1974 [Valéry Giscard d’Estaing won that race by just 400,000 votes, the narrowest margin yet]. But with today’s expertise and technical capabilities, we would have had no such difficulty.”
www.france24.com...

edit on 25-4-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

I'm so jaded I already decided that if Macron won it would've been a sham election.

The timeline of events you posted just confirms it even more.

Elon, if you're reading this, just buy out a country or two, ship the population to the southern border with Mexico and to the EU and only offer citizenship to normal people.

It would be the safest, most productive country on the planet and would basically brain drain the rest of the world too.

C'mon man!™

You really should do yourself a favor and research Elon Musk. Considering his ties to the WEF, his desire to connect us to AI and his 'digital ID' aspirations, I'd be looking into what he doesn't say and the motives behind what he does reveal.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Sore losers are everywhere. Sorry, but someone loses each election.

So you're saying that all elections are fair and democratic? That anyone who suspects anything otherwise is simply a sore loser?

Are you aware how many dictators have been 'elected' over the years?
Are you aware that on May 7th, 2000, Vladimir Putin was sworn in as a "democratically elected president"?
Are you aware that some of the most brutal tyrants have, in fact, been 'democratically elected?

Sham elections are not a rarity. They're common.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I know, I posted tongue-in-cheek.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

At least in the US we pretend and make a show of it instead of declaring a winner before not validly counting the votes.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: nugget1

I know, I posted tongue-in-cheek.

My apologies!

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Total disgrace.

The left/globalists never cared for democracy or free speech

50 years of millions under the Iron Curtain, suffering, means nothing.
"This time it will be different"

Yeah...right...

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
WELL???? Is my math off?? Someone can't add up or is it nefarious. Macron 58.6% of the vote, Le Pen 41.5% of the vote. Let me see,,,,,, that adds up to 100.1%. Oh, it's only.1% I hear you say, bbbuuuttt.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

The difference is 17.1%

This is not over by a long shot.

Some people are going to get caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

P

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Had a similar result with a recent state election here in Oz.

I know we have government health bureaucrats that have handed over the nation to the WHO. Have our election officials also given the nation to the WEF?

Got an federal election coming up in the next few weeks, expecting a similar result.

It does feel like there in a new global force brewing under the banner of covid, a tyrannical, soulless, facist, destructive, ruthless and power hungry aims. It is more than willing to lie, cheat, steal, kill or play by any other jungle rules that suits them. The lockstep of the lockdowns it a part of this machine.

With covid being used as a weapon of political assault, one opportunistic time for the next bio release would be around October this year. It gives some time for these new political members around the world to settle before cracking down. It also give America a little time to adjust before its mid term elections, but not to much.

By claiming another emergency, the Dems will pass through more last minute, rushed election legislation that is full of holes and makes cheating easier. It will wipe out a lot of the good work improving election integrity. With nothing substantial done about the last election fraud, why should this one be any different?

Hope I am wrong, but the way this saga has been playing out, it has been on my mind.
edit on 25-4-2022 by kwakakev because: grammer

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The same thing happened in the netherlands, exactly the same, voting closed 21:00hr, winner announced at 21:03hr. Dancing and all on the table, it's a disgrace. In the netherlands we vote on paper and a red pencil is required

Its like democracy is a sham. And they know who will win and your vote doesn't count.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
WELL???? Is my math off?? Someone can't add up or is it nefarious. Macron 58.6% of the vote, Le Pen 41.5% of the vote. Let me see,,,,,, that adds up to 100.1%. Oh, it's only.1% I hear you say, bbbuuuttt.

The even claimed that Macron would win before the polls were closed.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Conservatives just cant accept the fact that they are the new minority.

European politics is far more left than US politics. Even some of our most left lefties are moderate candidates over there.

...and here in the US, our urban populations are growing, rural communities shrinking as suburban geowth of higher population density continues.. which in turn changes the views and mindsets of the people.

Its 2022. You have to adapt. You cant rely on Traditionalism and Classic ideals. The world is much different than it was 50, 100, 200 years ago, and you can't operate with that same mentality.

The French election isnt bogus. Its simple democracy. Whomever has more votes wins...

Want more votes?

Offer something better than the competition, appeal to more people

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Offer something better than the competition, appeal to more people

You still believe in that nonsense?

Want more votes?

Who counts the votes?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

European politics is far more left than US politics

Local elections are slightly different in Italy.
The Right are doing well only because the liberal's message, issue on immigration is failing them.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The reality of the situation is the generally perceived reality. If you are going to rig an election, you must go to great extremes to show how fair the voting was. The reality looks like WEF giving everyone in France the finger. Perhaps they can't be bothered in the small details anymore, perhaps they haven't got the resources.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

As far as I am aware, no one has officially declared a victory, they can't because they haven't counted the votes.

Does Macron get pegged down when the real tallies come out.

The only people thus far who have called the election is the MSM.

Feels like a sting operation ... but who's.

P

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Le Pen has conceded. Her internal polling was clearly consistent with the media's exit polls. These polls have a margin of error of maybe a point or two. So if her own polls are showing her down 15 points, she really had no hope of some miraculous win.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join