It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pressure to Act Like a Man Starts in Preschool

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Articles like these are trying to promote the idea of a weird agenda.

They bring up "masculinity" as a problem.
The Pressure to ‘Act Like a Man’ Starts in Preschool

Throughout men’s lives, we receive the messaging that we should be stoic, strong protectors, though exactly how, when and why we come to this conclusion is up for debate.

The conclusion? the boys/men should be weak? they shouldn't help anyone?

edit on 25-4-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Apr 25 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Looks like an article written by a woman.

Edit to add: probably written by a male that identifies a as female.

edit on 25-4-2022 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

i don't know if you've ever met paramedics, male or female... they're not tough as a rule, but often rather sensitive people. anyway, i don't understand what's meant by weakness here. that you're empathetic? compassionate? or is it on the right wing agenda that men should fart, burp and puke in the car because otherwise they are not men? the strongest people are those who act conscientiously, who are empathetic and selfless and can keep calm in complicated situations.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Throughout men’s lives, we receive the messaging that we should be stoic, strong protectors . . .

Fossil fuels do most of the heavy work. Using less or no fossil fuels means we will have to do the heavy work. Regardless of gender the children will have to grow up strong.

Women generally don't do as well at basic military training so the US military spent vast sums of money researching why. They found it was nothing to do with gender and entirely down to different levels of activity as children.

All kids capable of taking exercise should be dressed for tree-climbing, running and jumping, and encouraged. They'll need their strength to survive the post fossil fuel world.

This is the key statement I picked out of that link.

. . . we’ve had a lot of time to think about it . . .
getpocket.com...

He needs to do some real work.

edit on 25 4 2022 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The pressure to be a man, comes when you have to be one.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

The pressure to be a man also comes when you haven't been one.

The world is full of subserviant males who often need a mummy to possess them because they were in love with their real mother.

It's Freudian. It's a natural thing.

Females often do the same, but they look for a daddy figure, but one they can possess like mummy did or wished she could.

Humans are stupid.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 05:16 AM
link   

The pressure or imparetive to be masculine or feminine begins in the womb with the unborn learning the fundamentals of sexual behavior and the social pecking order (in the case of twins, etc). Inherited behaviors factor into the mix without question.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I had this argument with my sociology professor a couple of months ago.

She was talking about gender roles, and how they are formed by family, church, school, friends etc...

I brought up that she was leaving out biology and evolution.

If she is going to try and claim sociology is a science and relies on scientific data. How can she ignore hundreds of thousands of years of evolution, instinct, and the imperative for survival that these "gender roles" came from?

Long before there was culture, there was instinct. Men were stronger and better hunters. Women took care of the children.

She didn't have a response to this.
edit on 25-4-2022 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

Funny thing about being a man: I wouldn't have it any other way ... reinforced by 20:20 hindsight even.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   
They didn’t even observe the kids.

They gave the 6th graders a questionnaire.

The questionnaire will definitely not reflect the truth of 6th graders

The person who wrote this signs all his submitted work with

“ C. Brian Smith writes hard-hitting gonzo features for MEL, whether it be training with a masturbation coach, receiving psycho corporal treatment from a spank therapist, or embarking on a week-long pleasure cruise with 75 Santa Clauses following their busy season.”
edit on 25-4-2022 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   
That article is atrocious. If you want to really learn about the study, here it is in full (not the link in the article, because that's paywalled).

I nvestigating the Relation between Gender Typicality and Pressure to Conform to Gender Norms

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I believe if left to their own without a lot of influence, children are naturally pre-programmed for their sex roles. Physically children are so similar that they seem sexless, but I believe that there is a difference in how they are wired up so to speak, instinct in a word.
edit on 25-4-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Throughout men’s lives, we receive the messaging that we should be stoic, strong protectors, though exactly how, when and why we come to this conclusion is up for debate.

That is not at all up for debate.

Classical masculinity has reproductive value as it represents security to and survivability both mate and offspring. That answers the how (natural selection) the why (reproduction) and the when (prehistoric times).

Simply, we are genetically hardcoded to find attractive those traits that allows for increased survivability and reproduction. Thus the traits have actual value.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This is just the same old fecal matter they've been pushing for a few generations now. It has zero to do with "gender roles" and everything to do with creating a docile and controllable population with a low IQ. It's their wet dream. A dream that's going to bite them in the ass before they ever fully accomplish it.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Just for giggles, I looked up the Author

With articles like
The Biggest COVID Threat for Men May Be Masculinity Itself
melmagazine.com...

My Adventure in Penis Shockwave Therapy
melmagazine.com...

‘The Tragedy of Heterosexuality’ Is an Essential Playbook for Straight Men
melmagazine.com...

and

There’s Finally a Name for Trump’s Murderous Masculinity
melmagazine.com...

If you like laughing at those titles, there are others. Check it out.

Best I can figure, this is a homosexual who is in denial, claiming to be a feminist while following the trendiest of trends.
You know- hating white people while being a white people, hating trump, claiming women are better than men, etc.

Of note, ALL of the articles there at mel magazine from this author are marked as 1 year old.

I don't know how to link to twatter, but:

C. Brian Smith
@SeeBrianSmith
·
Apr 11, 2021
Being laid off is a bummer but allows for spontaneous bro time in pursuit of low numbers at the Sunshine State Classic this week @ Sun 'N Lake Golf Club

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   
One nut job theory Ive read is human civilization can't evolve to the next plane of existence till the masculine, dominant, hunter warrior traits are no longer prevalent. These traits though essential during our first 100,000 years are so, are now retarding our growth. This theory is brought to you by the same people that will be upset with me using the word retarding in a sentence

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The author is just another groomer.
edit on 4 25 2022 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Maybe it’s not “the pressure to act like a man”, maybe it’s just natural instinct from the time the male fetus was created in the womb.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Don't need to read the article to know what it says

All I wish is that men would "man-up", stay married, love your wife and raise your children each and every day - Denzel Washington style

A lot would change in this society

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This article reads like a so-called expert admitting they want to groom boys.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join