It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brideshead Revisited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:07 AM
link   
In a previous thread, I discussed a UFO encounter my wife experienced.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So every so often sitting outside sharing a smoke the topic goes back to THAT night. Mostly because I'm STILL envious and my unbelief at how this event was in no way life changing for her.

In fact, the other night I told her that she had been witness to something that officially has never been admitted to and that some of the most brilliant minds on the planet can only theorize about. She had an individual answer to what most only have speculation about. If the event could be replicated and people knew in advance, it would be the most watched event in history with the most shattering conclusions.

It's worth mentioning she talks from a defensive point of view which makes it feel like drawing water from a rock. She's never one to initiate a discussion about any strange topics weird, esoteric or otherwise.

So to my absolute surprise the event as I wrote about it was not accurate initially. I had to interupt her and ask her to repeat what she just said a couple of nights ago because it sounded like a different story and believe me if it was anyone else I would've started having doubts.

The light she saw growing can best be described as a portal. This portal was right in front of the UFO. As soon as it appeared that the ufo made contact with the portal that point of contact made both objects watery or like liquid waveform. She has never mentioned this before and for the life of me I thought you might want to include such an amazing little fact when you describe your experience. And yet she's still not very forthcoming which makes it even more difficult to accurately relate what she saw.

You can say she made it up, and that the story is unraveling and believe me if it was anyone else I too would think exactly that. But this is more than 'this is my wife and I trust her' bias.

I've also had another thread where I described my aunt seeing a glowing orange ball 'the size of a chair' coming over the mountains on their farm in the late 90s.

Now that is not a description you tend to forget but a year or two ago when I discussed it with my dad who related the story to me as my aunt only discussed it with her children and my father once because she didn't want to be that weirdo I guess.

When discussing it with him and how it was strange that she linked it to a chair he said he doesn't remember any of it that way and retold the story but without that odd description.

I have two questions:

Is it normal in ufo lore that stories get this twisted somehow?

The part where the ufo goes into a seemingly liquid state seems like the movie Stargate. She has never seen the movie. Well, it is on our list now as I haven't watched it in over a decade at least. Is this a common phenomenon in ufo lore?

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I can only relate to your wife's story to say that I remember every detail of my encounter and have never knowingly added additional details over time. Is it possible that she's disinterested in her experience because it freaked her out so much?

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   

My wife is the same.

She witnessed something amazing, and by now, it's nearly
fully erased from her memory.

If god showed up and gave her sex, she's have forgotten about
it within a year, and at most say, "oh yes, that nice man did
visit, but he ran out of the house before really saying or
doing anything".

(she did it again just yesterday.)

I can only compare her to certain Amazon tribes when first
contacted by us.

They could not even SEE various aspects of our culture
or even technology. Since it made no sense to their
worldview, it did not exist.

My wife is wonderful.. 1/2 the reason I bother being alive..
I love her dearly.

She's very intelligent.

Purely wonderful

But for her Painting rocks to place in the yard,
and hopefully be stolen,

is about the height of her open-mindedness.

*scritch*

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

The way you describe it is exactly the way I believe I would, details burned into my brain forever.

But then again, I haven't had that absolute mind bending experience myself.

It's unlike her she normally has excellent attention to detail.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

My wife is wonderful.. 1/2 the reason I bother being alive..
I love her dearly.

Yep. Same.

I can't attribute formulaic personality traits to her attitude towards the encounter and that is an anomaly as much as the event itself.

If I get any additional information out of her in future I'll just add it to this thread instead of starting a new one.

This experience was over in a matter of seconds, it was roundabout 3 am if I remember correctly.

She went outside for a cigarette, something she never does at his time of night mainly due to safety and security reasons.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   

3 AM is known as 'the 'liminal hour' in a lot of writings.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

That's a new word for me.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I can still see my UFO flying overhead without shutting my eyes. It was 50 years ago. The second one I can more feel it like when it appeared.

edit on 0400kAmerica/ChicagoMondayMonday by mikell because: (no reason given)

top topics

join