It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Gay Marriage Exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Meh..

If 2 people want to tie the not in a legal way and then have 1 of the 2 get screwed by the govt 17 ways to sunday if they split let them enjoy the "joys" of marriage like everyone else.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Why the hell do you care? How, exactly, does it have anything to do with your life and the way you lead it?

I have never heard a coherent response to this question.

Hiya Phage. Long time no see.

A: I don't care. I know there are gay people. If they wanna get married that's their business ... and none of mine.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If we didn't pick and choose how we follow Biblical teachings we'd still be stoning people in the streets for having premarital sex. At the end of days, I'm not going to answer for anybody but myself, so do what you want while I work on the log in my eye. Micro-managing the Bible is too much for my brain, so I'll stick to what I think is the most important; love others, and leave the judgement to a Higher Power.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0n

From the carnal perspective...Yes. Gay marriage stimulates the economy.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is my viewpoint as a man who believes in the Bible. Marriage wasn't invented by humans, but was instituted by God as a sacred arrangement between a man and a woman. In God's eyes only marriages between a man and a woman is valid.

Does that mean human governments apart from God cannot enact their own laws that may be counter to God's? Of course not. And as long as God permits human rule a Christian should but out of it. Let the governments do what they want and mind their own business, there is a scripture about that:

"Make it your aim to live quietly and to mind your own business."-1 Thessalonians 4:11.

In fact so many ungodly people are upset that so-called "Christians" and "godly" people try to take it upon themselves to judge and try and make laws concerning them. A Christian's business has no place in governments of this world, enacting laws, or to try and force their opinions on others. Stop judging lest you be judged. Be a good neighbor to everyone no matter what they believe or how they live their lives. Perhaps by your fine conduct you may save some who are lost.

In the end everyone will stand before the judgement seat of God and he is going to do the judging of who lived a righteous life and unrighteous one. I have a hard enough time just keeping my own life on the path. You me, or no one, has any business trying to dictate what another person is going to do in their own home. You can tell them what you think is right by scripture and then leave it at that.
edit on 24-4-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The government should remove the word marriage from the legal contract it recognizes.

Activists take the word marriage in law and use it as a wedge to attempt to force conformity on religious groups who do not spiritually recognize same sex marriages.

Freedom of religion guarantees every group the right to decide for itself what it will do so long as it does not violate some other law, and that's the problem - by making same sex marriage the law, the activists think they can persecute those religious groups that do not conform under the law. It's called lawfare.

Truth is that there are plenty of spiritual groups who do and will recognize a same sex couple in a marriage, just not all of them. But that's what freedom of religion will mean.

By removing the word marriage from the government contract and laws, you allow religious freedom to continue on unmolested and everyone gets the legal benefits should they choose to have them.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Truth is that there are plenty of spiritual groups who do and will recognize a same sex couple in a marriage, just not all of them. But that's what freedom of religion will mean.

No. Freedom of religion means that you can practice whatever religion you wish and the Government cannot interfere (or promote, btw). Religious practice (Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, Pagan) has no place in government (or law) nor should it.
edit on 4/24/2022 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   

look mate it's about principle end of story.

Homosexuals want to be treated like normal human beings , and if that means entering into an ill-advised asset combining Marriage where if it all goes wrong you will end of paying this person for the rest of your life or they get half your stuff in a nasty divorce then so be it .

Who cares Gay , Straight , Trans you wanna shoot yourself in the foot and get married then do it , I've personally been with the same person now on and off for over a decade , She and I decided a long time ago that marriage is not a good idea .

Even though she does wear a ring it's just a symbol , we have no legal binding .

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Perfect then no marriage at all. If it ain't in the eyes of God (or your preferred deity[ie] of choice), then it didn't happen at all, and no whining if the group turns you down.
edit on 24-4-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I believe that until they find a cure for homosexuality, they should be afforded all the same rights as regular people.

I sense Sarcasm , but I admit I have a hard time discerning sarcasm .

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No legal contracts at all.

Perfect solution. Laissez-faire.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Why the hell do you care? How, exactly, does it have anything to do with your life and the way you lead it?

I have never heard a coherent response to this question.

If we, as in everyone, sticks to reality - no problem. Its the ridiculous lies that make it a problem for everyone. For example, if two men want to get married (call it whatever kind of union you want) that is fine. If they are doing it out of love, thats great. If they are doing it for the financial benefits, thats great. I don't care.

However, when one of these men decides one day that he is now a woman, just because he said so, that is when the problems begin. Suppose one day he decides he needs to have his ovaries x-rayed. Now if the insurance company denies him coverage for that test he can sue for discrimination and that ends up costing us all. Or they may just go ahead and cover the test, which ends up costing us all. And now, thanks to his gender affirmation, he wants to compete in women's sports. Even though he looks like a man, because he is one, he wants to be treated like a woman. Somehow we are all supposed to know this without asking because that is rude, and without assuming gender, because that is wrong, and without using pronouns because that is wrong too.

That is the stupidity that causes the problems. Just stick to reality and everything will work itself out.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Fair enough.

You stick to your version of reality. No matter what. Even if it has no effect on you other than getting your dander up.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Why does it have to be "gay marriage"?

Why not just marriage?

Now I personally think that marriage is between a man and a woman.

But if two guys want to have a marriage, why not!

If I owned a Mercedes and some folks owned a Chevy but they called it a Mercedes, it doesn't lessen the value of my Mercedes.

*shrugs*

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   

... There's just seei much wrong in this post, I don't know where to start. And how it applies to marriage completely escapes me.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I don't care what the LGBTQ++++ do as long as they start being quieter about it again.

Too bad so many made so much noise against it.

Pendulums, dude. The good thing about pendulums is that they settle down eventually. Unless someone gives them a push (I'm talking to you, OP).

This is an extremely good point that bears repeating. I come to ATS for ghost stories and pictures of UFOs, i wouldn't feel the slightest need to talk about LGBT stuff if there weren't posters here constantly being extremely loud and vindictive about lifestyles they clearly have no experience or understanding of.

I mean, seriously, posters in 2022 raging about a basic civil right that has been accepted for years? and then acting like it's them uppity queers causing a kerfuffle? Guys, you ground that axe to a nub a decade ago and all you have left is a hypocritical handle. Waving it over your head does not send the message you think it does.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   

i love when someone illustrates my point quite graphically while i'm typing, thank buddy

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Gothmog

If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds something indecent about her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce

Seems pretty simple to me. Don't like your wife? Kick her out of the house with a letter saying you're divorced and now you're divorced.

Stop it . You are showing very little knowledge of Christianity .
Or any other custom for that matter
In Wales , all a couple had to do is jump over a broomstick backwards .
Now , think before you reply .
Is that still recognized legally today ?

(The best lesson learned is one the student learns on their own)

Hint : Folks don't have to sacrifice an unblemished lamb today . They can eat veal instead.

edit on 4/24/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I don't care what the LGBTQ++++ do as long as they start being quieter about it again.

Too bad so many made so much noise against it.

Pendulums, dude. The good thing about pendulums is that they settle down eventually. Unless someone gives them a push (I'm talking to you, OP).

Yeah, they have taken a beating since forever. I'm just sick of the oversaturation. I am really uninterested in a person's sexuality. It's not a factor that I use to determine if I like a person or not. The only anti I have for them is transwomen playing women's sports. A prime example is the 3 women who were badly hurt in a rugby match this month while playing against a transwoman.
edit on 24 4 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

So non-trans rugby players don't hurt other players.
I guess they aren't playing rugby right.

It's rugby for crying out loud.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join