It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Gay Marriage Exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
*Move to suitable topic please, definitely not in the right section *

Marriage. Everyone wants to reap the benefits of it, but no one wants to go along for the journey.

What is marriage? Well, before you answer that question, perhaps you can answer another one first. What is communion?

In a nutshell, not looking for a theologian to explain communion haha. But its about consuming the theoretical body and blood of Christ.

Communion is a RELIGIOUS rite.

Now, what is marriage? Marriage was invented over 4,000 years ago to sanctify (make legitimate or binding by religious sanction) a union between a man and woman that decided to be with each other and start a family. The first couple to be married, did so with the expectation it was "before God" and consecrated over by a religious leader. Even if you want to take the darker route, marriage was codified to bind women to men as "property".

The idea of getting permission from the womans father for marriage also reiterates the definition of marriage:

I pledge my daughter for the purpose of producing legitimate offspring.

Marriage, it is literally just a word, where-as the action has more profound power.

With that said, why do gay individuals not want to take communion? Why is the Supreme Court not fighting tooth and nail so that gay individuals can partake in communion too? Why is it that a group of people that (on average) slander religion for all its worth, yet want to partake in a religious rite?

Why can't we keep the state out of religion? Why do people get benefits for being married? That leads to disenfranchised people (gay individuals) that are left out of a system that accepts one union but not another? Separation of church and state....right? I guess not...

Why can't we call gay "marriage" something else? Again, the word "marriage" is a religious word and rite.

Being against "Gay Marriage" doesn't make you a homophobe unless you voice your disdain for someone just because of their life choice. If you're a religious person, I would have to question your religious piety if you think gay individuals can be "married".

It's as a^^backwards as a man asking for paid 6 month leave after having a child....Matter fact, fellas, who's with me...?

edit on J02422 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0n

I see your problem.

The modern marriage is a contract between two people that is leagally recognized by a government. The religious part is optional or else two atheists could not marry.

This contract marriage goes back to medieval times as two men could be married for mutual benefit such as legally sharing family resources.

If it were truly up to religion to marry people before God then why is it so easy to disolve?
edit on 4 24 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I am gay, and have always been okay with a union recognized by the government between same sex couples, that afford the same benefits as a heterosexual married couple. Gay marriage didn't have to be the solution.

I also get sick of the LGBTQRXTUV (did I get the letters right? I can't keep up) crying all the time, about trans athletes. If you were born a male, you don't get to win a medal, in women's sports!

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   

edit on 4 24 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I’m an atheist that has been married (in a church by a preacher) for nearly 28yrs.

Any discussion about the definition of marriage should end because marriage is now a legal contract.
Laws cannot apply to only heterosexuals.

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Why the hell do you care? How, exactly, does it have anything to do with your life and the way you lead it?

I have never heard a coherent response to this question.

edit on 4/24/2022 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I believe that until they find a cure for homosexuality, they should be afforded all the same rights as regular people.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

If it were truly up to religion to marry people before God then why is it so easy to disolve?

How easy do you think it is in a pure biblical sense ?
Read up and find out .
Then come back and edit your post .
You are welcome .

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Why the hell do you care? How, exactly, does it have anything to do with your life and the way you lead it?

I have never heard a coherent response to this question.

You got the thought in before I did .
I do not have to answer for anyone else.
Just myself .
edit on 4/24/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I’ve often wondered that myself.
My parents were married for more than fifty years and nothing can change that. heterosexual couples have done far more to harm the sanctity of marriage than any gays could.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If you believe in a strict adherence to the Bible's definition of marriage, then you support polygamous marriages? What about levirate marriages, where a widow who has not produced a son is required to marry her dead husband brother and have sex with him? The Bible also says that female POWs are required to marry their male captors. Then of course there's the old crowd favorite where if a virgin is raped she is required to marry her attacker.

The Bible considers every one of those instances to be marriage. And you're worried that two people of the same sex that love each other getting married is somehow going to ruin the institution?

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I don't care what the LGBTQ++++ do as long as they start being quieter about it again.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Deuteronomy 24:1 makes it sound pretty easy if you're a man.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Well, if the Church fell it would probably be bad.

Not sure how same sex marriage* could bring it about.

*note: I said "same sex", not homosexual because ... well, because that implies homosexual "acts" (this is awkward). I don't think that all same sex marriages involve such acts. There are actual legal issues involved.

And who the f* cares?

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I don't care what the LGBTQ++++ do as long as they start being quieter about it again.

Too bad so many made so much noise against it.

Pendulums, dude. The good thing about pendulums is that they settle down eventually. Unless someone gives them a push (I'm talking to you, OP).
edit on 4/24/2022 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Being the straightest guy in the room, I’ve never had much interest in gay marriage, I have however been entertained by observing a gay divorce.

Do what you want it has little effect on me either way.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Deuteronomy 24:1 makes it sound pretty easy if you're a man.

Nope.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Being the gayest person in the room I absolutely love the assault against gay culture. And I mean that. LGBTQWERTY is f****** fascist. It is malicious, indignant, and morally righteous, and in no way a suitable replacement for their christian oppresors. Depending on how devout they will get you in trouble for the slightest microaggression at work. Might as well be their church lady version of sin. I thought that supreme court decision was the equality fought for. Victory. But then it got progressively more authoritative.

I had a friend invite to a viewing of a debate at a popular bar because he knew i loathed Hillary and her fake persona.

They were so uncomfortably synced in their liberal change in the air I had to applaud objectively. And Trump absolutely annihilated her. All the chinese steal in the world couldnt help her. I applauded his frankness and rhetoric. And was promptly refused service and asked to leave.

"You're making people uncomfortable." Said i was applauding in a way meant to deliberately provoke other patrons.

I left. But that's gay culture. If youre not part of the woke herd think you are not welcome. And that is also a greater representation of both ends of that spectrum. They overcame by becoming the same as their long time oppressors.
edit on 24-4-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   

If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds something indecent about her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce

Seems pretty simple to me. Don't like your wife? Kick her out of the house with a letter saying you're divorced and now you're divorced.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Was there a dowry?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join