It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO to ET intelligence Connection

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
UFO sightings connecting to alien intelligence is a huge leap in my opinion. I believe UFO sightings are real, in that there are many things that are seen in the sky that people aren't familiar with and can't identify. However, I think ET piloted craft is a stretch. I can't get past the very basics of visiting ET. It goes so much further than ET is here visiting Earth and taking that for granted. Does anybody here think any deeper than that? Think of the difficult hurdles that first need to be accomplished before intelligent extraterrestrial life even would arrive?

The first issue for me is the evolution of a highly intelligent species

Through the process of natural selection with evolution, you can see how every life form that has existed on Earth has traveled the same basic path. A relatively linear path with an end result which has always been survival of that species. Successful environmental mutations or variations continued and through natural selection were adapted but high intelligence was never one and never needed.

The laws of nature seems to favor simplicity and only need relative basic understandings to be successful. Human levels of intelligence wasn't on the path of any other species and Earth has shown us that fact by it happening only once across many hundred of millions of species and billions of years. High intelligence would have branched off today and evolved across many other life forms if it was important and needed in the life's evolution.

We were a result of a series of unique and random events and coming together to eventually form a species allowing complex intelligence to arise. We share 98+% of our DNA with chimpanzees and bonobos which shows we have a common ancestor. We could have existed as basic human beings with the traits of survival and been a successful branch like those chimpanzees or monkeys. Apes have successfully survived for millions of years with the same outcome as all other animals, their survival. Our brains happened to be receptive to growth and learning far beyond evolutions basic needs.

Humans also have shown when a species evolves this high intelligence the ultimate outcome could dominate or destroy life. If you step back and look at the overall history of evolution, you can see why nature follows those simple basic laws and routes of survival. Not the complicated one to high intelligence.

I think we are a fluke in natures evolutionary path. I believe other planets evolving basic life is likely, but the same human levels of intelligence as Earth are very rare. That reduces this idea that the Universe will be teeming with intelligent alien life as many think, giving a chance for intelligent ET to be less likely as some people assume. It's as rare as it happened here on Earth. Because of that rarity, there needs to be a high degree of evidence that stands up to the highest degree of standards and scrutiny.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Next hurdle is finding planet that can sustain intelligent life

A planet needs the unique characteristics carried by Earth to host high intelligence as it's claimed to be, bipedal human-like ET creatures. Just because a planet can be listed in the Goldilocks zone doesn't mean it can sustain complex life. Simple microorganisms may survive but it may take many millions or billions of years for a planet to develop an environment that can support more. Life needs a contained atmosphere to keep liquid water at a stable temperature, to keep it's climate in a fairly consistent pattern, and to effectively maintain and contain breathable percentages of nitrogen and oxygen. A surrounding environment also helps defend against a suns radiation. A molten core on Earth creates a magnetic field or barrier keeping life from being hit with the suns radiation. Having a large planet within a solar system like Jupiter seems to keep a habitable planet from being bombarded by comets or asteroids by attracting objects into its own gravitational field like the asteroid belt in our solar system. A planet with a moon can keep it rotating on a consistent axis keeping it from creating drastic climate changes that could hamper complex life. So here again it's not a given that a planet will have complex life, simple life is a different story.

Once life evolves on a planet, it needs to survive possible catastrophes throughout that planets history. Scientists say Earth has gone through 5 major mass extinction events. Each one wiping out a majority of animal life allowing new ones to arise. If it weren't for one of these events, humans wouldn't exist today. It seems logical to assume other planets will need to survive similar occurrences. Asteroid strikes, massive solar flares, super-volcanic eruptions, etc. Life will also need to survive its own intelligent beings possible self-created disasters. The development of nuclear weapons, destruction of a planets resources, disease, famine. These are even more hurdles that have to be met in order for ET to be here.

ET also would need to survive the same atmospheric pressures of air as ours. The function of the body in general relies on the pressure of air. It allows our tissues to expand and contract, our lungs to function, keeps our blood at certain pressures. Their body structure needs to be able to survive the same gravitational pull with bone and muscle density. Their bodies need to be able to process the same bacteria as Earth. The same viruses our bodies have evolved to fend against like the common cold could be devastating to a foreign being and their body chemistry. The entire physiology has to be the same or nearly identical as ours.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The next is travel and time frame

Beyond the needed accomplishments above, you need to have all these perfect situations happening at the same time in a Universe that is 13.8 billion years old. It's very human-centric to believe high intelligence exists now in our tiny frame of time. It may have survived millions or billions of years previous and died off. I repeat Carl Sagans relatable comparison of condensing the age of the Universe down to a year calendar. Having the Big Bang at the first moment on January 1st and humans technological existence would be the last seconds of the last minute on December 31st. Think in terms of the age of the Universe, not time within our limited thinking and view. Millions and billions of years, not decades, hundreds, or even thousands of years.

Then you have the vast distances that need to be accomplished to get here. That may not be possible in physical reality. It has plenty of wormhole theories of bending space/time in order to travel these distances, but they have barriers also within themselves. The amounts of energy required to be able to travel to a specific area in space would be immense and is one stumbling block for example. This may not be possible. The physical effects on a biological body traveling through this wormhole would be another question.

I believe thinking ET is visiting today and the distances that are required make an even a more difficult problem than those of superior intelligence successfully evolving. Time and distance are two factors are on scales we can't imagine or relate to. Extraterrestrial intelligence may be out there but can't get here. That's an option.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Next is the appearance described

The look of ET matches a human view of what intelligence would look like. They look like humans that have lived for hundreds of thousands of years or more. Now the popular rage is the Gray. Nondescript neutral gray skin like through generations all colors have been evolved out, large heads are needed to contain a large brain for intelligence, small bodies because the need of strength has been evolved out, small ears and mouth because communication is done mentally now, large eyes which is associated with intelligence and verbal communication is gone so the eyes reflect emotions and intensity and have evolved a large size that aids in conveying of those messages. Things confined to human ways of thinking, not from an unknown ET species in a completely different environment.

I find the large head a silly idea of how intelligence would be. It's very much like a comic book artists extreme fantasy concept. It's been done in comic books since 40s where a large head has been artificially created or an accident happens therefore high intelligence is gained. As if all that volume has got to be needed for high intelligence. We know that's not true comparing the size of Einstein's brain with the average persons. I think "mutations", similar to the ones with natural selection physical traits, within the brain like Aspergers shows how intelligence blooms from our sized brain and can develop in rare situations. It's just hasn't been a success through natural selection because we're extremely social creatures and Aspergers is synonymous with non social behaviors. Einstein, Newton and others were said to have Aspergers type of symptoms. I've followed Jacob Barnett for years who has the clinical diagnosis (I still use Aspergers instead of the general term Autistic) since he was young and is someone who is extremely intelligent and uses the same brain volume that we all have.

We have no idea how ET life would appear. Starting from scratch, it's impossible to know how a new species of animal on Earth would look. How would we even know where to begin with alien life? Intelligent life may have evolved in a waterborne environment. Octopus have extremely clever minds, can easily manipulate objects, and have a version of a mini brain at the base of each tentacle. A similar animal could have evolved minds like humans elsewhere. Beings could live in low light underground and evolved small eyes and rely on echolocation like bats. They could rely on heat signatures instead of the visible light spectrum and develop heat sensors like pit vipers. Eyes may surround a head, skin may be covered in hair, armor, scales, or change colors like chameleons or certain cephalopods. Endless possibilities within just the human frame of thinking.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I believe a signal in some form precedes the existence of intelligent life elsewhere. The Universe showing that intelligent life exists out there by way of sound waves and a radio telescope signal of some sort, space telescopes reading light wave visual signatures of something as silly as pollution from a civilization, something effecting and acting on the fabric of space/time showing distance and wormhole travel may be allowing these supposed craft to enter our local space. A detectable wave signature of some sort. I don't believe these craft would just appear and leave no trace of anything detectable arriving in our galaxy or solar system before traveling into our atmosphere. The by product of the immense energy used to get here or something. But then again I'm no physicist. It takes 8 minutes for the suns light to reach us. Solar storms may take days or weeks to arrive in a slower wave form and can be measured with equipment. That's a relatively short time at 93 million miles or what would be to me local space that beings would need to arrive in. Point is, arrival in our solar system would be detected in a reasonable amount of time. I also find it ridiculous to believe that an agency like NASA would hide those signatures. An entire program dedicated to space exploration. Scientists with the desire to find just basic life in our galaxy or Universe hiding intelligent life? Another nonsensical theory in the believer world.

This isn't a purposeful nay-saying approach to the subject. It's not an all inclusive list of things required in my view either. It's looking at things realistically and logically. Respecting how serious visiting ET life would be and how serious it should be taken. With the talk on this forum, I don't believe it is taken seriously and thought out by some. It's trying to factor in everything that has to be involved. It seems people just assume that superior intelligence exists, assume that light year travel is possible, assume that they exist in our exact time period, assume they could visit and survive in our same environment, assume intelligence could survive long enough to achieve that superior intelligence needed, but regardless of all those factors superior intelligence exists and ET is here and it just should be accepted. To me that's ignoring the fundamental issues of ETs existence and skipping those needed requirements.

After seeing the threads lately I'm sure most here don't agree with my thoughts and just believe we're being visited. When I question these cases and look for a logical explanation first, I don't come from a place where I just flat out don't believe based on nothing. It goes deeper than that. I truly do want the discovery of life elsewhere, but based in concrete facts not anecdotal evidence. There are a few others here that probably don't share in my thoughts but they approach the subject highly skeptical also and do deep research and show visual evidence why they feel the way they do. Hopefully one day a collection of these will be as popular as the sensationalized stories. It's as if some people can't break free of the initial exciting versions when someone gives a rational explanation for it. People get defensive and seemingly angry sometimes turning something that should be cerebral into emotional.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I dont think 'they' are from another planet.....inter-dimensional, maybe.....ive seen a few of them myself.........one with a mate who rubbished it, until he saw an object moving at tremendous speed, shouted at us to get out of our vehicle, then pointed a laser pen at it....it flashed bright, 90 degree turn behind a cloud, came out the other side and flashed a light directly at us and then another 90 degree instant turn and continued to move at the same immense speed....

oh, and on the way to the area, an owl flew within inches of my mates windscreen about a minute before seeing the ufo.....apparently common to see owls before a sighting of whatever the hell it was

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is what it's all about,

in song...

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
the words alone are pretty thought provoking

a reply to: NightFlight

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   
S&f for a well thought out post.

I tend to agree with you. The more I study and research and learn, the more I agree with you. Specifically the amount of energy needed to get here has to be detectable.

I tend to believe if anything, UFOs are from here...tech left over from past life on Earth itself. I find it self centered to believe that we are the most intelligent humans of all time.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Everything in your post is well detailed by
Isaac Arther and various others, in terms of both early
and late great filter solutions of the Fermi Parafox.

It's a very reasonable hypothesis

If you derived all this on your own, good job.

The Fermi Paradox Great Filters - Rare Intelligence

edit on 24-4-2022 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It's so ridiculous to think homo sapien hurdles with traveling through space are what God-like aliens would experience too.

They're here, since the beginning, many different races, tons of info out there for you to look up.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

All the info I have seen is fictional. Some of it very good, some not so much.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance

People can't separate out the Little Red Wagon, and become hypnotised by
the apparent contents, which is so modified by the lens of their human
limitations, ego, biases, evolutionary-placed hurdles.. that it's nearly
pointless to say much about 'contents'.

Thats' why the more reputable self-inquirty systems, teach you to strengthen
both your intellect and intuition and not to jump to necessarily false
conclusions.

It can take a lifetime, someimes, to advance one bit of new information
that is not more lie than truth.

Most folks are so desperate to comfort themselves with self-generated
delusions and 'intuited conclusions', that they don't spend the decades
or centuries (whatever it takes) to carefully plod through everything.

And even then, you generally need consensus via science, to make
anything of what you have plodded through, or you have just
created another religion.

Kev

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Yes I understand that. I appreciate your putting it in words even I can understand 😊. I used to leap right into it all. Was very fascinated with it all, and therefore quite vulnerable to believe just about every book I read since the 1960s LOL. As I started getting more mature and reading small-time science, I started realizing that the phenomena doesn't come from Mars 👍

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   

a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Yes I understand that. I appreciate your putting it in words even I can understand 😊. I used to leap right into it all. Was very fascinated with it all, and therefore quite vulnerable to believe just about every book I read since the 1960s LOL. As I started getting more mature and reading small-time science, I started realizing that the phenomena doesn't come from Mars 👍

The more you depend upon grand realizations to prop up your
happiness, the more vulnerable you are to misery, and more
of an ass you become towards others, to protect your
'realizations' or 'spiritual truths'.

I love your honest reply

My wife, a very wise woman may say it best,
"Love your puppy".

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It's not easy to expect people to go outside of their conditioning and imagine something outside of that conditioning let alone experience.

So, all we know is the imagination of religion, science now, and experience. It takes faith to extrapolate outside of conditioning and experience and that faith is based on experiential logical deduction and or imagination, something that has to be kindled in every individual.

So, what do you expect people to believe regarding ufos?

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   

The problem I have with this post is that you assume that every planet has to deal with the same dynamics of life to survive and thrive in the universe as Earth does. In my opinion it is naive for you to assume that life only survives in an atmosphere such as earth. Not to mention that we fully understand the law of physics, which we don't. We think we do, but we do not. New understandings of physics are being introduced and as recently as several months ago.

Now factor in the idea that not only has a civilization been around for thousands or possibly millions of years longer than us but with a different understanding of physics and potential physical elements to work with based on temperature, elements and and overall composition and you have yourself a whole new set of rules. The problem is when we assume that life evolves and thrives in our own current understanding of it. We have to account for not only the possibilities of advancement but the the outlawing factors of different elemental differences and the effects that our ignorance of those attributes may have on our current understanding of not only the laws of physics but our understanding of the basic fundamentals of how life as we understand it comes into existence.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Oh you're fun to talk to...lol... you'll have a hard time when they make themselves more present.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kleverone

Agree with everything you're saying, definitely naive, and arrogant viewpoints in this thread lol.

Even if one didn't subscribe to the Anunnaki or any other myths of Gods coming from the Stars to Earth....no one has ever said "omg how could the Anunnaki travel to Earth at the exact time humans were present"....lol...this idea that time is an obstacle Aliens can't figure out is so laughable.

The OP is on a planet with millions of different intelligent and advanced life and thinks this is *GOING* to be rare in the Universe? Huh? It's incredibly abundant on our planet it just makes no sense to hypothesize the rest of the Universe won't be.

Then OP speculates that sustainable planets are rare in the Universe.... That's an astronomical assumption. The OP also mentions all these requirements to walk on Earth like this would be difficult to do for an inter dimensional being. It's also an assumption that visiting aliens would want to get out of their craft at all.

Then the time thing...it's just funny to think aliens are roadblocked with time. I don't know how anyone could leap to that conclusion. OP also surprisingly doesn't know there's a lot more ET's than the various species of Greys.

Then OP mentions they don't think an alien space craft can enter our dimension and leave without a trace or be detected. Sorry to inform you, but that's exactly what they do lol.

NASA and SETI might be covering things up, but at least you should know the government and military has had declassified UFO programs and currently has classified space programs. A 500 page report just came out from the Pentagon about UFO's and one the biggest drops on there was that military has suffered radiation and other physical harms from being in close proximity to UFOs. There clearly has been a cover up, there's way too many examples.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Everything in your post is well detailed by
Isaac Arther and various others, in terms of both early
and late great filter solutions of the Fermi Parafox.

It's a very reasonable hypothesis

If you derived all this on your own, good job.

The Fermi Paradox Great Filters - Rare Intelligence

These are my personal beliefs and views and I'm sure there are several out there with the same mindset with a much better way of explaining things. I'm more of a visual thinker than writer.

I'm not a spiritual person in general. But  I don't take on the Atheist point of view when approaching this subject or religions etc. I'm Agnostic where I'm open to ideas with evidence provided.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join