It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to remove Ukraine and Kyiv from textbooks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

originally posted by: PassiveSeeker

You’re not following. Why make a law when it’s already legal to kidnap, kill, and torture gays? And forget the name of the talking heads that report it. Whole bunch of eye witness testimony you can find if you take enough time out of your day to look.

This is Western propaganda.

Gays in Russia are just as fun to # in the ass as in other countries.

Yeah sure.

Alvi Karimov, a spokesperson for Ramzan Kadyrov, claimed that gay people "just don't exist in the republic" and that "If there were such people in Chechnya, the law-enforcement organs wouldn't need to have anything to do with them because their relatives would send them somewhere from which there is no returning,"[16] an apparent reference to so-called "honor killing."

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

But I don't defend shady stuff the west has done. Also Russia has been screwing Ukraine for hundreds of years, not the other way around.

Here is one example of the terrible oppression of Ukraine - www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this is an absolutely official document (which led to the absolutely undoubted fact of the transfer of Crimea to Ukraine), in contrast to the fantasies that you indulge here.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ironic that Putin is constantly bitching about countries trying to "cancel" Russia but it seems it's ok for Putin to cancel other countries.

the irony

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You call Westerns naive for believing what they read, but your whole point of view and reasoning is based on what Russian government says and posts?

Pot, meet kettle.

We can also revisit this in a year or two. If you aren’t blocked off from the internet because of your own country would you admit you are wrong when the textbooks barely or not at all mention Ukraine?

If it were Russian textbooks that stopped mentioning Ukraine altogether, I would admit it.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

!remindme 1 year …lol wish this site would get with the times.

I’ll remember to check if we haven’t blown ourselves up by then.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Yeah sure.

In fact, provocations are made quite unpretentious.

Cross-country skiing is held in Russia. During the competition, a man with an lgbt flag runs out onto the track. The organizers of the competition catch him and take him away from the track so that he does not interfere with the athletes.

At this time, “completely by chance” a Western photographer turns up there and takes a photo of a person with an LGBT flag being grabbed by several people.

In the West, this is presented as the persecution of LGBT people.

And of course you will not be told that any person will be taken off the track on which the ski race takes place.

This is how easy it is done.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I hope in a year you will have time to prepare more convincing evidence than "two anonymous people said it."

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

Official spokesman for Cechnya saying it’s ok for families to kill gay family members and gays don’t exist there is way more compelling evidence than anything you can muster up.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I hope in a year you will have time to prepare more convincing evidence than "two anonymous people said it."

Time will tell that. Until then, keep staring at the Russian Ministry of Education website and believing you’re in the know.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Official spokesman for Cechnya saying it’s ok for families to kill gay family members and gays don’t exist there is way more compelling evidence than anything you can muster up.

In Russia homosexual relations are decriminalized.

But there is an article in the Russian law for the murder of a person of any sexual orientation.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PassiveSeeker

Your source is the Ukrainian news pravda......

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: PassiveSeeker

Your source is the Ukrainian news pravda......

Who got it from a Russian source…

Copied..from Russian media…Wouldn’t know that without reading.
edit on 24-4-2022 by PassiveSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   

a reply to: lasvegasteddy

It’s a real mandate that was done in 2014. It’s been going on slowly for years. They just hit the accelerator on it. Did you read the article?

It is noted that the policy of "purging" Ukraine and Kyiv from Russian textbooks was set as early as 2014 - since then, authors and editors have had to mention Ukraine as rarely as possible and in the most neutral tone.

I’m not even going to pay the issue. A select few here never question anything that comes out something like Russia Today. If it doesn’t fit the Russia is world hero narrative….hit piece. Russia being canceled not trying to cancel. Clown world.

There are no good guys in this world. People that think Russia is cleaning Nazis and protecting the Donbas are just as ignorant as people that think Ukraine is innocent in all aspects.

reading into this better with a casual research intent
yup
i stand with my gut and opinion here
this "Mediazona" was founded in 2014....odd coincidence maybe....independent media or are they as something smells sorros there

russia issuing an arrest warrant for george sorros...after seeing how his ngo's are used for country destabilizing
"pre invasion preparations for stealing a government wrapped under an acceptable label of regime change "
russia is cleaning up the swamp and repairing the damage done thus far....every country has the right to be sorros n cia free...but it's a battle usually lost

as to russia's agenda...every country has these "right or wrong" c'est la vie here

ukraine sure has some whoppers with ethic russians in regards languages and use of
but the land referendum surely iced a cake...
what are ukraine agenda's being injected into new and current school curriculums and would this independent media " Mediazona" publish it without fear of cancel culture they may or not be active in
i wonder if their textbook changes might be more appalling

at least in russia they can still use the letter Z...sad note goes out to germans or are they but the 1st to abandon letter use by law is all

crap look at us in the us....what are in and is going to be in our textbooks is way beyond russia's intent here

no one...no one is clean here and there is an active war with and against russia in play

"hit piece to me"
we agree that we disagree

edit on 24-4-2022 by lasvegasteddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Textbooks that omit all references to the Kyiv Pechersk Lavra are through the initial editing stage and will be available in schools this fall.
a reply to: lasvegasteddy

We’re not going to have to wait long. Bold for them to put a deadline so soon if they don’t know what they’re talking about. I’d set it for quite awhile away. Let people forget. Just a few months though.

Pretty sure it’s real.

Also let’s look for this.

Another new development: the publishing house will release one textbook without its author's surname on the cover because the author is a citizen of Ukraine, and his surname is “obviously” Ukrainian. “You can still find the name in small print on the back, but we removed it from the cover just in case,” says an employee of the publishing house.

Weird how they’re giving us so much to look for if it’s just a fake hit piece from fake anonymous sources.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Time will tell that. Until then, keep staring at the Russian Ministry of Education website and believing you’re in the know.

In the meantime, keep listening to the respected "anonymous people" for some reason they never say anything good to you about the governments of Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Venezuela, etc.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Weird how they’re giving us so much to look for if it’s just a fake hit piece from fake anonymous sources.

i don't recall saying it was a "fake hit piece" but a hit piece to rile up a crowd and push an agenda
i'm not even going to go back and look
as whether real or fake doesn't change latitude there

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Russia’s Ministry of Education is pretty well documented with covering up truths and forcing on students the point of view Russia wants them to have.

Before you try and discredit the site. Here is credibility. And more all because of Dossier.

apnews.com...

It happened to a Russian Interior Ministry official whose emails were published online in April. It happened again this month, when details about a former Kremlin chief of staff’s American energy investment were exposed by Britain’s Guardian newspaper.

dossier.center...

Manuals on "special operation" in Ukraine are intended for school teachers and teachers of pedagogical universities. With their help, schoolchildren need to be helped to form the right picture of the world, and students need to be convinced that the shelling of peaceful cities by the Russian army is a fake. In the metadata of documents you can see the authors - they are Olga Nikolaevna Sukhanova and Svetlana Yurievna Tokhtueva.

Olga Sukhanova's name is indicated on the PowerPoint presentation, which should accompany the lecture for students (more about its content below). The presentation consists of 28 slides, the main idea is that social networks and non-state media are full of fakes, so you can only believe the state media. According to the author, false information is published by Rain TV channel, Echo of Moscow radio, Mediazona, The New Times, Novaya Gazeta, Crimea.Realities and others. The author of the manual reminds that since March 1, Roskomnadzor has restricted access to "Echo of Moscow" and "Rain" for fakes about Russia's war with Ukraine and for calls for extremist actions.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

In the meantime, keep listening to the respected "anonymous people" for some reason they never say anything good to you about the governments of Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Venezuela, etc.

Now I know you're a comedian.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Before you try and discredit the site.

From your first link: "A key source for the recent stories has been Russian opposition figure Mikhail Khodorkovsky’s new project, dubbed the Dossier Center"

I looked at the slides and they are absolutely adequate in the situation of the fake information aggression of the West towards Russia (you can observe this aggression on this forum on a daily basis, and even more so, we are discussing in a topic that is one of the examples of such a lie).

These slides explain how fakes are made, how they spread and how they can be recognized. Examples of fakes are given.

I could not verify that these slides belong to these people.

I don't know how to view a file's metadata and I don't know who can change it in a file and under what conditions.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Now I know you're a comedian.

Do you have many refuting examples?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join