It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to remove Ukraine and Kyiv from textbooks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I think you are mistaken

Prove it with the facts at your fingertips.

Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation - edu.gov.ru...

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
a reply to: PassiveSeeker

ukrainian media and anonymous sources, must be true, for sure.

if they wanted to erase Kiev from existence, they have nukes for that.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The source is Russian. As stated in the article. What is the point of linking websites when a good chunk isn’t capable of reading sources and just knee-jerk commenting?
edit on 24-4-2022 by PassiveSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

I think you are mistaken

You’re linking the education arm of Russia for proof when we’re sitting here talking about them erasing Ukraine and Kyiv out of textbooks?

I can’t even.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PassiveSeeker

You’re linking the education arm of Russia for proof when we’re sitting here talking about them erasing Ukraine and Kyiv out of textbooks?

I can’t even.

This ministry decides what should be in the school curriculum and what textbooks should be.

This is the most authoritative site on the issue of Russian education.

I did not find on it an order to delete Ukraine from textbooks.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I can’t even.

This ministry decides what should be in the school curriculum and what textbooks should be.

This is the most authoritative site on the issue of Russian education.

I did not find on it an order to delete Ukraine from textbooks.

The government that doesn’t allow gays, protests, or differing opinion of its dear leader is going to tell you everything it has going on? That’s delusional, but you do you.

Do you feel the same way if I link UK, USA, and Ukrainian government sites? Just absolute proof? Don’t lean on Russian government sites and then try to doubt the others.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The government that doesn’t allow gays, protests, or differing opinion of its dear leader is going to tell you everything it has going on? That’s delusional, but you do you.

How are gays and Ukraine related?

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

They aren’t. It’s related to your suggestion that Russia is free and open. It isn’t. And like the US and every other government, it doesn’t tell you even 25% of what it has going on.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I think you are mistaken

I can't access that site, and if not in english..??

In the broader context, Russia/U.S.S.R. have a long history, of erasing people, thoughts, and ideals. Even nowdays, glorious leader assassinates his opponents, while not even in home country. So, no, not hard for me to believe it

edit on 24-4-2022 by vonclod because: spelling

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

They aren’t. It’s related to your suggestion that Russia is free and open.

You touched on the issue of gays.

Based on Russian laws, show me what they are forbidden.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   

They aren’t. It’s related to your suggestion that Russia is free and open.

You touched on the issue of gays.

Based on Russian laws, show me what they are forbidden.

Chechnya is Russian Federation right?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Allegations were initially reported on 1 April 2017 in Novaya Gazeta,[4] a Russian-language opposition newspaper, which reported that since February 2017 over 100 men had allegedly been detained and tortured and at least three had died in extrajudicial killings.

The Head of the Chechen Republic Ramzan Kadyrov denied not only the occurrence of any persecution but also the existence of gay men in Chechnya, adding that such people would be killed by their own families.

So either they just don’t exist because family would kill them and the rest just get rounded up? Was another purge in 2019 as well.

Don’t need it to be a law. It’s allowed to be persecuted, but we’re off topic. You have the internet, if you’re curious then search around.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

In the broader context, Russia/U.S.S.R. have a long history, of erasing people, thoughts, and ideals. Even nowdays, glorious leader assassinates his opponents, while not even in home country. So, no, not hard for me to believe it

I also do not have access to the anonymous employees of "Prosveshchenie."

The West also has an extremely interesting story, but for some reason in the West they prefer to tell its luxuriant part, greatly exaggerating its merits. But from the history of Russia and the USSR in the West, only terrible moments are told and they are also exaggerated in an incredible way.

Putin has offered the West and Ukraine the path of negotiations for many years.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The same psychology is at work.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The West also has an extremely interesting story, but for some reason in the West they prefer to tell its luxuriant part, greatly exaggerating its merits. But from the history of Russia and the USSR in the West, only terrible moments are told and they are also exaggerated in an incredible way.

zona.media...

Original Russian source it was copied from. Mediazona. Yeah, this is out of Russia, not Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Don’t need it to be a law. It’s allowed to be persecuted, but we’re off topic. You have the internet, if you’re curious then search around.

Novaya Gazeta is a kept woman of the West. Therefore, the degree of its truthfulness in relation to Russia is appropriate.

And I never saw the Russian anti-gay law from you.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You’re not following. Why make a law when it’s already legal to kidnap, kill, and torture gays? And forget the name of the talking heads that report it. Whole bunch of eye witness testimony you can find if you take enough time out of your day to look.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

The same psychology is at work.

In this regard, I agree with you.

But modern Russia is not the USSR.

And you never gave a single example when a country was canceled in Russia.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

But I don't defend shady stuff the west has done. Also Russia has been screwing Ukraine for hundreds of years, not the other way around.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   

zona.media

Original Russian source it was copied from. Mediazona. Yeah, this is out of Russia, not Ukraine.

This site is not loading for me.

It doesn't matter if it's from Russia.

Because it is a favorite technique of Western propaganda to find people of a certain country who are willing to cooperate (or immigrants from it or living in it) and pump Western propaganda through them. This is convenient because naive Westerners believe that if a person from a certain country says something, then it is necessarily true, unlike what "the terrible totalitarian regime of this country" says.

This is one of the main methods of Western propaganda.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You call Westerns naive for believing what they read, but your whole point of view and reasoning is based on what Russian government says and posts?

Pot, meet kettle.

We can also revisit this in a year or two. If you aren’t blocked off from the internet because of your own country would you admit you are wrong when the textbooks barely or not at all mention Ukraine?

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You’re not following. Why make a law when it’s already legal to kidnap, kill, and torture gays? And forget the name of the talking heads that report it. Whole bunch of eye witness testimony you can find if you take enough time out of your day to look.

This is Western propaganda.

Gays in Russia are just as fun to # in the ass as in other countries.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join