It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ is Risen!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

Today, all Orthodox Christians celebrate the most important holiday - the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, the bright holiday of Easter.

Great Lent is over, and today all Russian Orthodox people gather in a circle of family and friends at a large table, eat colored eggs, Easter cakes, curd "Easter", pies, sweets. They rejoice and congratulate each other.

I sincerely congratulate you all!

I would like to present to you a few Paschal chants that sound in our Temples on this holiday.

"Christ is Risen - Byzantine chant"
Choir of the Alexander-Svirsky Monastery.

"Seeing the Resurrection of Christ"
Fraternal choir of the Holy Dormition Pochaev Lavra.

"Christ is Risen! Truly Risen!"
Beautiful God's temples against the backdrop of Easter hymns..

Christ is Risen! Truly Risen!
edit on 24-4-2022 by RussianTroll because: Add

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Congratulations to you as well and to all Russians! I love listening to Orthodox chanting, there's a unique spirituality.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Christ is Risen! Truly Risen!

Definitely!

Here is a video of the Easter service - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Easter greetings

April 24, 2022 09:00

The message reads, in part:

“This Feast of feasts, Easter brings Orthodox Christians and all Russians celebrating Easter Sunday together around high moral ideals and values, inspiring the best in people, as well as belief in the triumph of life, goodness and justice.

It is important that we note the creative, positive and fruitful efforts by the Russian Orthodox Church and other Christian denominations to preserve our rich historical, cultural and spiritual traditions, as well as to promote family values and educate the younger generation. Of course, Christian organisations deserve special credit for their community service and charity undertakings, and their commitment to helping those in need of care and support in these challenging times.”

Vladimir Putin and Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin attended the midnight Easter service at the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, led by Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia.

en.kremlin.ru...

Easter greetings to Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia

April 24, 2022 09:05

The message reads, in part:

“During Easter holidays, believers’ hearts are filled with special joy, a desire to do good and to help those in need.

It is gratifying to know that under your guidance the Church is engaging in fruitful interaction with the state, making a tremendous contribution to promoting traditional spiritual, moral and family values in society, educating the younger generation, and strengthening concord and mutual understanding between people in these trying times.

Your Holiness, I wish you spiritual strength and good health for the benefit of the Russian Orthodox Church and all of Russia.”

en.kremlin.ru...

Paschal Message of Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia to the archpastors, pastors, deacons, monastics and all faithful children of the Russian Orthodox Church

Eminent fellow archpastors,reverend pastors and deacons,all-honourable monks and nuns, dear brothers and sisters,

CHRIST IS RISEN!

Addressing you with these life-asserting words, I extend to all of you my heartfelt greetings on the great and world-saving feast of Pascha. On this chosen and holy day so overwhelming is our spiritual joy and profound gratitude to God and so distinct is the feeling of the might and depth of the Creator’s love for human beings that, when trying to express our emotions, we can hardly find other words than those of the myrrh-bearing women who ran to the apostles to tell them about the miraculous event – that they had seen the Lord.

One can only imagine how hard it was for the Saviour’s disciples to believe in the reality of His Resurrectionю It was not long ago that they had seen their beloved Teacher being tortured and crucified. Still fresh in their minds were the memories of how His dead and lifeless Body had been laid in the tomb, with a heavy stone rolled to its door. And now sorrow gives place to the firmness of faith and the triumph of life, and tears of affliction turn into tears of joy.

What a marvellous change! What a great sign of God’s might! The tomb is open and empty. The burial shroud is thrown aside, and the cloth that had been wrapped around Jesus’ head is rolled up in a place by itself. Indeed, the Lord is risen and tells His disciples to place their fingers in the deep marks of the spear and nails, so that they finally may cast away even the slightest doubts that it is He Himself (cf. Lk. 24:39).

Experiencing the real communion with the Risen Christ and the unfading Paschal joy inspired and lent wings to the apostles who went to the ends of the earth to preach the forgiveness of sins and salvation which we received through the Lord Jesus risen from the tomb. Unafraid of adversities and severe persecutions, suffering hardships and tribulations, the apostles tirelessly and bravely bore witness to Christ the Vanquisher of death.

God fulfilled the promise He had given to people in ancient times: I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death (Hos. 13:14). And in the light of Easter morning we rejoice with St. Paul that death is swallowed up in victory (1 Cor. 15:54)! From now on, nothing shall be able to separate us from the love of God (Rom. 8:39), for the deadly effect of sin is brought to naught by the power of the Risen Lord. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ, the firstborn from the dead (Col. 1:18), reveals to us the true riches of God’s grace – the radiance of eternal life with God and in God, when, according to the prophetic words of the Apostle, God may be all in all (1 Cor. 15:28).

For two thousand years now, the Church has been living in the unfading joy of the Resurrection, striving to make every man that cometh into the world (Jn. 1:9) a partaker of this joy. In the light of Pascha everything is different: we are not afraid of any mundane sorrows, afflictions and worldly troubles, and even difficult circumstances of these troubled times do not seem so important in the perspective of eternity granted unto us.

St. Ephraim the Syrian had a remarkable thought that during the creation the Lord had put into the depths of man the entire Heavenly Kingdom which only waits for us to discover it like a precious pearl. The Kingdom is written in the soul and placed therein as a dowry, in order that, when the Heir of the Kingdom comes, He may take it with Him into the bridal chamber (Commentary on “Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth…”). And this Heir – Christ – did come and rise from the dead, saving people from sins and giving us power to become the sons of God (Jn. 1:12), that we may walk before the Lord in holiness and truth, live in chastity, worthy to be called Christians, and be the salt of the earth,.. the light of the world (Mt. 5:13-14).

To bear witness to the Risen Saviour, we do not have to go somewhere far, like the apostles did, who spread the marvellous Paschal light all over the world. Many people around us are in need of a living model of Christian faith working through love (Gal. 5:6). God does not demand of us some heroic deeds that are beyond our strength. He just asks us to show love to one another, to remember that by doing so we also show love to Him. A kind smile, attention and sympathy to those who are near, as well as timely words of consolation and support can become our most important deeds for the sake of our Lord.

Greeting all of you on the feast of Pascha, I invoke upon you the blessing of the Risen Christ and wish you, my dears, the inexhaustible radiant Easter joy that strengthens us in faith, hope and love. God willing, may this light never fade in our hearts, always shining in the world (cf. Mt. 5:14). And may we, illumined by the word of God, by reading the Gospel, and partaking of the Divine grace in the Sacraments of the Church, grow steadily in the knowledge of the Lord and in fulfilling His commandments, so that people, seeing our good works, glorify our Father which is in heaven (cf. Mt. 5:16) and join us in joyfully proclaiming that

CHRIST IS RISEN INDEED!

mospat.ru...

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Happy Easter.
No doubt your 'fan club' will be along any minute now to tell you the evils of Russia.
They get overtime rate of pay on Sunday.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

For what its worth coming from me , a good day to you and your loved ones.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Easter was last Sunday, a week ago. 😐

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

How Unorthodox.

----------------------------------------

Happy Easter RT.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You know, on Easter we have a turkey, sometimes a Ham, and potatoes and gravy along with other dishes then desert.

Why....Why do we need a big meal like that in a country where people overeat all the time.

I present an idea. Screw the Easter bunny, just have a big meal with pies, cheesecakes, strawberry shortcakes, and maybe some ice cream Sundays since it is Sunday. Just skip the candy in the basket and give the kids a gift certificate in the basket for a happy meal or something. Eat just sweets all day. One day a year to gorge and get sick of this stuff so you don't feel like eating it for months. All homemade stuff is better. Maybe some shrimp dip with crackers or some salami and cheese on crackers for those who don't like sweets. Prep time.....well if everyone brought a desert, say a couple of hours a family at the easter get together. Plus of course someone has to cut up the salami and cheese and get the crackers out.

Maybe Russia's orthdox church has it right. I would be so sick of deserts after gorging myself on them I wouldn't want to touch them for three months.
edit on 24-4-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

This is appropriate as well.

As you know the orthodox world is NOT a single church, it is many churches roughly divided into the Oriental and the Eastern orthodoxy's but among these are other distinctions and practices.

Is today the correct date for the resurrection of the Lord from the tomb, is that even the correct tomb as there is another very good candidate and does it really matter, all that faith, all those people are there in faith and Jesus said enough Faith can move a mountain.

Here is the other tomb that may be the REAL one but remember it really does not matter, what matters is people's faith in the Lord though the shepherds of his flock DO matter, if they are correct or not that really does matter but once again so long as they are serving the Lord.

This one is interesting as it also has an iron pin that was put in place to hold the rolling stone which was found nearby, several tonnes in weight in place that is SHEERED off by some great force and of course when Mary woke she found the tomb OPEN.

The other site was chosen century's later but there is some evidence that this site may have had an earlier church built around it.

But remember Jesus is Alive he is not the tomb so faith is more important.

So in my opinion the Holy Fire is real, were the people are in Jesus name that is the important thing and they are There real correct site or not.

Of the two celebrations Easter was ALWAYS the most important celebration and for both periods in part due to the adoption of different calendars the west and the east whom once celebrated them at the same time began to diverge in when they worshipped, on this matter I hold that the eastern orthodox are probably more accurate in the dates they have adopted but like any other believer I do not know but take it in faith.

The GREEK orthodox also protect this site as best they can though it is a target of ANTI CHRISTIANS whom want all history of Christ erased from the city.

edit on 24-4-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: TzarChasm

How Unorthodox.

----------------------------------------

Happy Easter RT.

I didn't realize a week means that much to people who are in the habit of observing these ceremonies. My calendar certainly didn't bother with that distinction.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This thread is the very embodiment of what was said in scripture:

"They publicly declare that they know God, but they disown him by their works, because they are detestable and disobedient and not approved for good work of any sort."-Titus 1:16.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser

"They publicly declare that they know God, but they disown him by their works, because they are detestable and disobedient and not approved for good work of any sort."-Titus 1:16.

That pretty much defines all nations claiming to be based in a strong sense of Christianity. Approximately 75% of Russians identify as Orthodox Christians, while slightly over 40% of Americans have any Christian affiliation.
Ultimately, I think the judgement will be on an individual basis, not at a country level.

Russian Troll: thank you for sharing an important part of your culture with us. I especially liked the first video!
edit on 700000044America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: eta

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: randomuser

That pretty much defines all nations claiming to be based in a strong sense of Christianity. Approximately 75% of Russians identify as Orthodox Christians, while slightly over 40% of Americans have any Christian affiliation.
Ultimately, I think the judgement will be on an individual basis, not at a country level.

Russian Troll: thank you for sharing an important part of your culture with us. I especially liked the first video!

Without a doubt. But the people inside those religious institutions will not be judged individually, not according to Revelation 18:4.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Thank you for these wonderful videos with their beautiful music!

My favorite was the final video with the various people from different nationalities proclaiming "Christ is Risen!"...

This was so lovely, to hear the sincerity of Faith in their voices and to witness the truth that -
- in loving God, peoples can be both 'united in the sameness of Faith' and also 'uniquely beautiful in their individuality' as Believers.

(I know you have to put his through a translation program, so I hope that the 'meaning' I wished to convey will be accurate).

God Bless you sir!

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Very beautiful music and thanks for sharing!
Happy Easter!

new topics

top topics

join