It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Minorities Buy More Guns, Dems Fear They Will Turn Into Republicans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: tanstaafl

You do realize the person I responded to had said that Patriotism is evil to my post about why most leftists won't be posting pictures of their children with guns or an arsenal of guns as they don't have a gun fetish. That response implied that posting a picture is Patriotic. Hence my response that it is a silly belief.

Sorry, I forgot that leftists don't get irony...

Carry on...

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It would only be ironic if it were not true. A quick look shows tons of items and clothing for sale tying Patriotism to owning a gun, 100 gun inspired Patriotic dog names, articles about Patriotism and guns dating back to 2009 for just a few examples all tied to the conservative movement belief that guns=Patriotism.
A long but interesting study from 2019:
Guns,Identity and Nationhood

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Speech
Arms
Property right
Due process

Conservative and patriotism play well together.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   

You do realize the person I responded to had said that Patriotism is evil to my post about why most leftists won't be posting pictures of their children with guns or an arsenal of guns as they don't have a gun fetish. That response implied that posting a picture is Patriotic. Hence my response that it is a silly belief.

For many of them it's that they don't want to destroy their relationship with their Leftist friends and groups. If they posted photos of themselves and their guns, that would probably happen.

that's not the only fetish they try to hide.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

a reply to: JIMC5499

Not likely, more likely is they do not have a gun fetish. Sure they have a gun for hunting and/or protection, but they are most likely not putting an AR in the hands of their small children to post on social media.

Define "gun fetish"

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

People who take gun ownership seriously or have gun related hobbies.

These anti gun people have no problem aggressively sexualizing a subject to make people uncomfortable discussing subjects that are important to them.

It's just asinine browbeating, but it does work.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Surprise.

Democrats, lots of them, already own guns.

This isn't about them though, it's about five (plus) million more NEW ones that might be tired of being stepped on by their representatives in government. (At least that is what these politicians and bureaucrats are worried about).

(Rather than just represent their constituents with honesty and uphold the bill of rights and the constitution which they swore to do, but simply refused to do).

And this is why they are worried about those 5 million plus voters.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
a reply to: MiddleInsite
Bro just stop posting for a little bit. Sit this one out I think. You are so consistently on the wrong side of every single debate.

I thought that exact thought when I was reading a thread about BionTech saying that there vaccines were not effective and they can't guarantee long term side effects. He's fully brainwashed. A literal NPC for MSM talking points. Sad really.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It would only be ironic if it were not true.

Thank you for proving my point.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The irony of it.... democrats shaking in their boots over minorities buying guns. Well they created it.... more crime in the cities from their own policies that minorities now realize they have to protect themselves since Democrats pushed this stupid defund police nonsense.
Marxists love mayhem.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

So all the gang members who post photos of themselves with weapons are super Patriots?

Many gang members are also felons and can not be near guns.
the photos one day may get them arrested in states with good cops and DAs.
www.rdjs.law...

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So, all of the gang members holding pistols/firearms are doing so to be patriotic? Not sure how many of them are conservative or patriotic.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
In my small village of Native Americans, Hispanics and gringos; everyone has firearms and have for years; Mostly Democrats, I don't see anyone shaking in their boots.
edit on 27-4-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
"The Wizard" playing both sides only benefits the Wizard. How can you NOT see how both sides are being played like a cheap fiddle? War is extremely profitable when you are supplying both sides.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
In my small village of Native Americans, Hispanics and gringos; everyone has firearms and have for years; Mostly Democrats, I don't see anyone shaking in their boots.

Whoa, hold up!

The virtue....it blinds.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Y'know, you're not the first to use that term "gun fetish". I've asked before, and I'm sure will again, what exactly you, and they, mean by that.

I suspect I know, but an explanation would be nice. Wouldn't want to put words on your keyboard...

My weapons are tools, cool tools to be sure, but tools none the less. Any "fetishisms" come from your side of the "conversation", not mine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join