It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are now going after diesel powered farm equipment?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Democrat voters are not smart

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Guess they should look at the real cause of diesel emissions, Before they go after the tractors. The highers diesel emissions are Ships with there EMD's and Outcoves, and detriot diesel engines, just to name a few. The Ship engines burn more emission than any tractor. From experience, EMD's (eletric motor Division) like Train engine can burn up 200 gasllons of fuel an hour. Or IFO's (incinerator fuel oil) ( 6 Oil with diesel) burning high emissions greater than any tractor can burn. Vessels sit in anchorage for hours or days running, Genorators as well. Tugs can hold 100,000 gallons to 750,000 gallons depending on the class vessel. There are no known eletric motorized tug to date.
Aircrafts come in close second place. The politician cry over global warming and yet fly the fuel burning fuels. Let them walk and pay for the fuel instead of the American people. Hell. I can give them a bike!
Not going to get totally into this. All I have to say. People need to wake up. The truth is out there!

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: optimisticcontrarian

I'm down with that bet.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

I see you are in for the narrow minded, can't think out of the box response. Congrats.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

That's Because their Excuse for Higher Gasoline Prices Worked so Well with those Brain Dead Democrat Voters According to Piglosi ..

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

I see you are in for the narrow minded, can't think out of the box response. Congrats.

got that canned expired just plain laughable trolling comment off your chest feel better?

good

now care to be an ADULT and show me what i stated was wrong or give a counter point?

or is this really all you have?

scrounger

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Irishhaf

This is the problem with government all size fits all decrees, the bigger the government the bigger the cock up. God forbid if they get a global government the cock up will be horrendous. The useful idiots are cutting their own throats now, it is best to withdraw and let them get on with it.

This isn't coming from the government, it's coming from the manufacturer. It's just them trying to push people to buy upgrade to the latest version of their product.

Greed isn't unique to the left.

im sorry but that idea isnt logical

tractor companies have been more than able to sell/push people to buy upgrades.

IMO it is either "encouragement" (be direct or with incentives or both) from the government , "encourgagement" from "green energy" groups, wanting to be "woke" or a combination of all three.

scrounger

It's perfectly logical, fuel prices are going up and the environment is in the news a lot, so manufacturers are heavily pushing EVs. It's happening with non agricultural vehicles as well.

this is completly silly statement wrapped in a small kernal of truth. yes companies (alot) are heavily pushing EV.. because (wait for it) THEY ARE GETTING INCENTIVES FINANCIALLY to do so along with push from "green energy" groups (wackos IMO). outside of EV from the ground up (and even them) cant commercially survive on their own without taxpayer support. as for the "fuel prices going up" how REALISTICALLY/ ECONOMICALLY does this solve this? the vehicle costs HUNDRED if not more thousands of dollars, the tech IS NOT PERFECTED YET FOR AGRICULTURAL USE, and the infrastructure from charging stations , distribution grids, to JUST BASIC POWERPLANT OUTPUT is not up to the task. so again how is the "farmer" (in this case) saving any money again?

It's a big company leaning on farmers to buy a new model, this kind of thing happens all the time, it's just that his year EVs are in fashion. A couple of years back it was GPS, was that the Democrats as well?

wow.. what mental gymnastics with a healthy dose of "one of these things is not like the other" comment.. first they ALWAYS been trying to get (and succeding) farmers to "buy a new model".. did they suddenly run out of new, profitable, diesel equipment? um NO THEY HAVENT. nor has farmers not been BUYING new equipment all this time.. EV are NOT IN FASHION FOR FARM EQUIPMENT.. in fact i cant find ANY SUPPORT at the FARMER/CUSTOMER level..so who outside of those FORCING/DEMANDING we all use "ev for the enviroment" is the call FROM THE CONSUMER FARMER for this? let me help you ... NONE..

As for the GPS could you get anymore "one of these things is not like the other" assinine comment? GPS is a SMALL self powered and off the vehilce powered device that has been available for decade or more.. the "farm" one is same unit just now part of tractor instrumentation (or add on) with specialty software tailored to needs of a farmer.. also been available for a long time.. it also uses a battery that is NO WHERE NEAR like an EV battery system . if it goes down you can still farm and weighs what a pound max? something NOT PUSHED AS GREEN ENERGY in any way.. nor pushed by the democrats and that comment is by far the most assinine one you have done on this post..

im sorry but trying to claim this is what the farmers asked for and that GPS is the same as a muli ton tractor is not helping your case but letting it stand one of the best reasons why "green energy/EV farm equipment" supporting people are OFF THEIR ROCKERS.

scrounger

You clearly missed what I'm saying.

This isn't about what farmers are asking for, it's about a big company pushing people to upgrade to the latest model.

Last year it was gps, this year it's EV, next year it could be fully autonomous for all I know.

EV is just another gimmick, phone companies do this all the time.

The only conspiracy here is a marketing one.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Like your sorry arse reply to my comment you mean?

Get bent fool.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Like your sorry arse reply to my comment you mean?

Get bent fool.

ahh the last desperate gasp of those that cant defend their post

go childish profanity deflecting trollish comment

sad but expected

scrounger

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Irishhaf

This is the problem with government all size fits all decrees, the bigger the government the bigger the cock up. God forbid if they get a global government the cock up will be horrendous. The useful idiots are cutting their own throats now, it is best to withdraw and let them get on with it.

This isn't coming from the government, it's coming from the manufacturer. It's just them trying to push people to buy upgrade to the latest version of their product.

Greed isn't unique to the left.

im sorry but that idea isnt logical

tractor companies have been more than able to sell/push people to buy upgrades.

IMO it is either "encouragement" (be direct or with incentives or both) from the government , "encourgagement" from "green energy" groups, wanting to be "woke" or a combination of all three.

scrounger

It's perfectly logical, fuel prices are going up and the environment is in the news a lot, so manufacturers are heavily pushing EVs. It's happening with non agricultural vehicles as well.

this is completly silly statement wrapped in a small kernal of truth. yes companies (alot) are heavily pushing EV.. because (wait for it) THEY ARE GETTING INCENTIVES FINANCIALLY to do so along with push from "green energy" groups (wackos IMO). outside of EV from the ground up (and even them) cant commercially survive on their own without taxpayer support. as for the "fuel prices going up" how REALISTICALLY/ ECONOMICALLY does this solve this? the vehicle costs HUNDRED if not more thousands of dollars, the tech IS NOT PERFECTED YET FOR AGRICULTURAL USE, and the infrastructure from charging stations , distribution grids, to JUST BASIC POWERPLANT OUTPUT is not up to the task. so again how is the "farmer" (in this case) saving any money again?

It's a big company leaning on farmers to buy a new model, this kind of thing happens all the time, it's just that his year EVs are in fashion. A couple of years back it was GPS, was that the Democrats as well?

wow.. what mental gymnastics with a healthy dose of "one of these things is not like the other" comment.. first they ALWAYS been trying to get (and succeding) farmers to "buy a new model".. did they suddenly run out of new, profitable, diesel equipment? um NO THEY HAVENT. nor has farmers not been BUYING new equipment all this time.. EV are NOT IN FASHION FOR FARM EQUIPMENT.. in fact i cant find ANY SUPPORT at the FARMER/CUSTOMER level..so who outside of those FORCING/DEMANDING we all use "ev for the enviroment" is the call FROM THE CONSUMER FARMER for this? let me help you ... NONE..

As for the GPS could you get anymore "one of these things is not like the other" assinine comment? GPS is a SMALL self powered and off the vehilce powered device that has been available for decade or more.. the "farm" one is same unit just now part of tractor instrumentation (or add on) with specialty software tailored to needs of a farmer.. also been available for a long time.. it also uses a battery that is NO WHERE NEAR like an EV battery system . if it goes down you can still farm and weighs what a pound max? something NOT PUSHED AS GREEN ENERGY in any way.. nor pushed by the democrats and that comment is by far the most assinine one you have done on this post..

im sorry but trying to claim this is what the farmers asked for and that GPS is the same as a muli ton tractor is not helping your case but letting it stand one of the best reasons why "green energy/EV farm equipment" supporting people are OFF THEIR ROCKERS.

scrounger

You clearly missed what I'm saying.

no got it quite well... just response / calling it out not well recieved.

This isn't about what farmers are asking for, it's about a big company pushing people to upgrade to the latest model.

what business class did you take or did you actually pay attention.. a tractor maker cannot "push" people to buy what THEY DO NOT WANT much less that EV will NOT WORK FOR THEM.. BTW this isnt about "the latest model" but PUSHING EV TRACTOR that WILL NOT MEET THEIR NEEDS . can you at least try to make your comment fit what your really saying?

Last year it was gps, this year it's EV, next year it could be fully autonomous for all I know.

GPS is NOT LIKE EV outside both use a battery.. by that logic a black cat fire cracker is same as a nuclear bomb becasue both have a fuse... did you not get the lesson four year old grasp from seseme street "one of these things is not like the other"

EV is just another gimmick, phone companies do this all the time.

you call an EV tractor that DOES NOT WORK for a farmer (at current tech level) a "gimmick"? wow... btw when did the phone companies put out an EV vehicle again

The only conspiracy here is a marketing one.

again a company trying to force a tech that NO FARMER EVER ASKED FOR and DOES NOT MEET THE NEEDS OF THEM because some environmental / "green energy group" wants it.

a small group (very small) pushing their agenda on a large group and something that DOES NOT WORK..

that is what is going on

scrounger

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Not really, I offered facts and figures while you offer your pathetic freshman psychology.

Come back when you have at least got a sophmore reply......

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I posted once about a new John Deere piece of equipment that failed in my area and was stuck in the middle of the road and shut down traffic for quite some time, the local JD reps couldn't figure it out. It was a computer control panel issue and even with phone assistance to the big guys, nothing would work and other large equipment came to remove it.

Here's an article regarding the Right to Repair that farmers have lobbied for to repair their equipment. John Deere has made it more and more difficult to fix equipment. But the article below is even more scary. John Deere is putting themselves in control of our food. Between the government paying farmers NOT to farm, the GMO seeds that are mandatory to use and now the builders of the farming equipment controlling the efficiency of maintaining and processing the crops, people will surely be in trouble.

www.desmoinesregister.com... 9001/

The company designs the machines to automatically shut down when computer systems sense safety or environmental problems. A diagnostic code will appear on the machine's screen. (Which by the way currently needs to be cleared when a technician can get to it)

According to the FTC complaint, farmers need software to figure out what the diagnostic codes mean and how to fix problems. In some cases, the machines go into "limp mode" and require separate software to authorize the repairs and return to normal operation.

Deere executives have said only about 2% of problems require this separate software, which only certified technicians have been able to use. But according to the FTC complaint, a review of diagnostic manuals for some machines shows that in connection with 90% of error messages, the company instructs farmers to “have your John Deere dealer repair as soon as possible." Which means your equipment is inoperable until a John Deere tech can clear the codes.

***SNIP***

Deere reported a record $5.96 billion profit in its most recent fiscal year, a 69% increase over its previous best year, in 2013. Executives project an even better 2022, with the company telling investors in February that it is targeting an annual profit of $6.7 billion to $7.1 billion. Employees at one of the company's Waterloo factories are now making Deere's first autonomous tractors, a key step in the business' precision agriculture transition.

Italics above are my input.

So with battery operation of these massive vehicles, what is gained? Even MORE failure occurrences? What position of food manufacturing will John Deere be in if it completes it's goal?

Many farmers are going back to older equipment. The new equipment costs thousands of dollars to fix, even if it's simply clearing bum error codes, and takes days to get assistance. The class action lawsuit against JD by the farmers in the right to repair bill will alleviate some of the issues but this is another case of modern technology getting in the way of independence and efficiency. Add the existing problems with battery (in)efficiency, I fear serious trouble is on the horizon.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   

After all is said and done, they have broken one of the prime rules of engineering,by "Not keeping it simple" This will have repercussions in many other areas. It is a no-nothing bureaucracy messing with things they know nothing about. In a war situation, they could stop food production in any country by scrambling the software. This is going on in many areas like the medical as well. Those draught horses and steam engines are looking better by the day.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Just make sure all the farm animals are put away.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Not really, I offered facts and figures

um EXACTLY WHAT "fact and figures".. all you did was parrot the claim that "they just want to sell a new model".. not one showing (ex) where FARMERS asked for this.. wow when you go spewing BS you dont hold back do you

while you offer your pathetic freshman psychology.

sigh,,,, again with the canned attack comment.. childish to the last you are..

Come back when you have at least got a sophmore reply......

im sorry but i cant offer a "sophmore reply" because i have gone GRADE SCHOOL in explaining things to you..

since you cant and WONT accept facts , wont debate POINT BY POINT, going higher or lower in explanation isnt gonna help you..

the only thing you will accept is for me to parrot YOUR OPINION in defiance of the facts

sorry cant do that..

if you want that have you tried making a page on FB?

scrounger

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join