It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Desantis Signs The Sanity In Education Bill Into Law

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

This all started because you think I implied everyone owned slaves. I didn't. I clearly stated the census in 1860 stated 323,000 people owned slaves. I never implied it was everyone. I also noted that those who were good "breeding" stock fetched a higher price. If you had slaves that were procreating that along with the children of rape, you had more slaves. Thus all slaves people had were not purchased.

I mean we can take your word about "how hungry" people were, but if you read the words of the actual slaves. I don't think for example that they were stealing the pigs food because they needed a nibble of something. You can feed someone just enough so they don't collapse after 14 hours in a field, that doesn't mean they weren't near starving.

And you know what, if I choose to believe stories I know that I heard from very old people that were passed down from their own grandparents and the copies of wills that they had that showed their very worth as slaves, then I guess I'm just ignorant. So be it.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

No, this all started because you posted some pile of rubbish from Politifact, which itself was full to the brim of opinion and conclusions without evidence. Then you claimed we weren't teaching "real history" after extolling your own personal version of "fake history."

I am not going to let that pass. I will reply with facts to your (or any one else's) rewritten history. There has been far too much revisionist crap being spoon-fed to our children as it is; that is what this thread is about. DeSantis cannot fix the problem (it is too big now and has gone on far too long), but he can damn sure slow it down.

if I choose to believe stories I know that I heard from very old people that were passed down from their own grandparents and the copies of wills that they had that showed their very worth as slaves, then I guess I'm just ignorant.

Don't give me that noise. I started off simply correcting you... and you are speaking to an old person recanting information passed down from their forefathers right now, and ejecting it out of hand in favor of some PolitiFact BS.

That's what has made you ignorant.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

So you're saying be thankful for the crumbs that fall out of the napkin?
Personally I believe that Mankind has the possibility of great works and legacy should they desire to rise up and do so.
Anything less is as you say, settling for less than greatness. Your deflection is commendable. Your reply has nothing to do with the DeSantis, personally. Other than that, I'm sure we think the same way.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I would only be repeating myself.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Elvicious1

So you're saying be thankful for the crumbs that fall out of the napkin?

No, I am saying that's all we can expect in the present circumstances.

Things will not get better, and those pipe dreams will remain pipe dreams as long as the present government is in power. If you want to see mankind's greatness, free mankind from oppression. Then you'll see what we are capable of.

Keeping the status quo and expecting greatness to come from it is akin to expecting to win a race in a car that barely runs. Fix the car and you can win. Don't fix it and you cannot.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

"...should they desire to rise up and do so." embodies your response. Again, I believe you and I are splitting hairs.

Cheers, my brother.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join