It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Desantis Signs The Sanity In Education Bill Into Law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Can you believe we even have to pass anti-discrimination bills like this because the leftist has lost their minds and want to bring back discrimination and segregation?

Great job Florida for having some sanity left and not fearing to speak out against injustice.

www.local10.com...

Passed by lawmakers earlier this year, the legislation bars instruction that says members of one race are inherently racist, and that they should feel guilt for past actions committed by others of the same race or that a person’s status as privileged or oppressed is necessarily determined by their race. It also bars the notion that meritocracy is racist, or that discrimination is acceptable to achieve diversity.

“We believe in education, not indoctrination,” DeSantis said during Friday's bill signing in South Florida.

DeSantis said Florida students will not have oppressive ideologies imposed on them, as the bill provides “substantive protections” for students in grades K to 12. He said “pernicious ideologies” will not be allowed.

“We will not use your tax dollars to teach our kids to hate this country or hate each other,” DeSantis said.

www.myfloridahouse.gov...

) It shall constitute discrimination on the basis of
race, color, national origin, or sex under this section to
subject any student or employee to training or instruction that
espouses, promotes, advances, inculcates, or compels such

student or employee to believe any of the following concepts:
1. Members of one race, color, national origin, or sex are
morally superior to members of another race, color, national
origin, or sex.
2. A person, by virtue of his or her race, color, national
origin, or sex is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive,
whether consciously or unconsciously.
3. A person's moral character or status as either
privileged or oppressed is necessarily determined by his or her
race, color, national origin, or sex.
4. Members of one race, color, national origin, or sex
cannot and should not attempt to treat others without respect to
race, color, national origin, or sex.
5. A person, by virtue of his or her race, color, national
origin, or sex bears responsibility for, or should be
discriminated against or receive adverse treatment because of,
actions committed in the past by other members of the same race,
color, national origin, or sex.
6. A person, by virtue of his or her race, color, national
origin, or sex should be discriminated against or receive
adverse treatment to achieve diversity, equity, or inclusion.
7. A person, by virtue of his or her race, color, sex, or
national origin, bears personal responsibility for and must feel
guilt, anguish, or other forms of psychological distress because
of actions, in which the person played no part, committed in the

past by other members of the same race, color, national origin,
or sex.
8. Such virtues as merit, excellence, hard work, fairness,
neutrality, objectivity, and racial colorblindness are racist or
sexist, or were created by members of a particular race, color,
national origin, or sex to oppress members of another race,
color, national origin, or sex.
(b) Paragraph (a) may not be construed to prohibit
discussion of the concepts listed therein as part of a larger
course of training or instruction, provided such training or
instruction is given in an objective manner without endorsement
of the concepts.

www.ar15.com...

edit on 23-4-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am 100 percent with this, and know that ALL students will be quite appreciative of this. "We can go to school and just study our regular subjects again". What a concept.

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I am 100 percent with this, and know that ALL students will be quite appreciative of this. "We can go to school and just study our regular subjects again". What a concept.

Thank whomever Christian view can be not allowed either.
What a relief!

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I am still shocked that Marxist Critical Theory is openly promoted by the Democrats. 40 years ago, they would have been run out of town for even suggesting it.

For those who don't know, Critical Theory is a Marxist division tool to remove obstacles that stand in the way of communist revolution.

www.newsweek.com...

In classic Marxist fashion, critical theory divides everyone in society into classes of oppressed and oppressors, but posits that the so-called oppressed stand in the way of revolution when they adhere to the societal belief systems and cultural norms of their so-called oppressors. Therefore, the cultural institutions that stand in the way of the Marxist revolution must be destroyed through relentless criticism (hence the name: critical theory).

Since a worker-led revolution wasn't happening, they needed another "oppressed" class to serve their purpose. That purpose was to tear down Western institutions that stood in the way of revolt and stage a Marxist revolution. Using racial minorities as their new vanguard would be brilliant. Who better to re-educate than a demographic of people whose ancestors had suffered oppression in America based on their skin color? Who better to paint as victims of a belief system of the "oppressors" and to claim the only way to liberation was to demolish the institutions of the oppressors?

In other words, the designers and adherents of critical theory admitted their true intent. Not equality under the law. Not civil rights. Not freedom, liberty and justice for all. Not a better life for racial minorities. Critical theorists admit their intent is to use racial minorities as the vanguard for a Marxist revolution.
edit on 23-4-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Passed by lawmakers earlier this year, the legislation bars instruction that says members of one race are inherently racist, and that they should feel guilt for past actions committed by others of the same race or that a person’s status as privileged or oppressed is necessarily determined by their race. It also bars the notion that meritocracy is racist, or that discrimination is acceptable to achieve diversity.

Give em all a mandatory 10 year sentence to a reeducation camp .

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

What a relief!

What ?
"You were
Slippin into darkness , when you heard Goth say .." Slippin into Darkness - War (kinda)

"Deny ignorance and never , ever uphold it ."

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   

What a relief!

I can hardly wait to see your next non cognizant NON sequitur. No one has even mentioned religion.

But you are wrong anyways, students can pray (of any faith) if they want and cannot be interfered with from doing so. (That pesky bill of rights getting in your way again) I doubt you need to worry about lefty teachers who are promoting racism in the classroom will be insisting on preaching the Gospel in school though, but they will likely keep attacking Christians like you do.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   

What a relief!

Sounds like something a groomer would say

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: optimisticcontrarian

ugly. just UGLY.

pedophilia is an extremely serious accusation... the most serious, i would say. not something to toss around to fallaciously discredit someone or because you think it's clever.

this is not the mudpit.
get a grip and grow up.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:32 AM
link   

edit on 24-4-2022 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:38 AM
link   
So Republicans are literally afraid of gays, Disney, and history.

Oh, so now, who are the snowflakes.

LOL! You can't make this stuff up!

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Republicans don't have policies or ideas.

All they have is the accusation that you are a pedophile.

That's ALL THEY GOT.

a reply to: tgidkp

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Please don't make whites feel guilty about keeping blacks as property in the past.

LOL!

Really?

Who's saying kids are responsible for slavery? No one is saying that. But let's be fair, it was whites who kept blacks as slaves.

I certainly can't help how someone might feel about that, but it should still be taught. Since IT HAPPENED AND IS PART OF OUR HISTORY.

Republicans are afraid of the past, present, and future. Maybe Republicans should stay home. The big bad world seems to offend them at every turn. Why are Republicans afraid of everything including their shadows? I'm serious.

Sit home, hold your gun, and be afraid of everything outside your front door, and claim anyone who doesn't think like you molests children. See if I care. But really, is that any way to live?

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Please don't make whites feel guilty about keeping blacks as property in the past.

LOL!

Really?

Who's saying kids are responsible for slavery? No one is saying that. But let's be fair, it was whites who kept blacks as slaves.

I certainly can't help how someone might feel about that, but it should still be taught. Since IT HAPPENED AND IS PART OF OUR HISTORY.

Republicans are afraid of the past, present, and future. Maybe Republicans should stay home. The big bad world seems to offend them at every turn. Why are Republicans afraid of everything including their shadows? I'm serious.

Sit home, hold your gun, and be afraid of everything outside your front door, and claim anyone who doesn't think like you molests children. See if I care. But really, is that any way to live?

did you ever type something then come back to it in an hour and realize what you typed was sofaking stupid that you are ashamed of yourself? What time is it now?

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   

LOL!

Really?

Yes, really.
Nobody is saying children are responsible for slavery, but you still want to treat them like they are.
Yes, it IS part of history. You know, the past. Yes, it should be taught- in History class.
It shouldn't be taught that just because you're white you're guilty of owning slaves.

No, as for "let's be fair" - chinese people, in china, are keeping slaves RIGHT NOW.
Should we be treating chinese people in the US as though they're responsible?
Black people, in africa (and all over the world, even in the US for a time) were keeping... black slaves. Should we be treating black people like they're responsible?
I seem to recall out west both Black AND White people used to keep chinese slaves for a time.

How about you quit being racist, blaming people for things they didn't do based on the color of their skin?

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   

So Republicans are literally afraid of gays, Disney, and history.

Oh, so now, who are the snowflakes.

LOL! You can't make this stuff up!

LOL indeed, how can one person miss the point by so much. Read the law before you speak again and show just how stupid you really are about all this.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: optimisticcontrarian

What a relief!

That sounds like some pernicious ideology!

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   

What a relief!

Religion has nothing to do with deliberately indoctrinating children into a racist ideology.

It is insane that they had to pass this bill.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   

But what if we went in the total opposite direction?

What if we didn't teach or speak of it? What if it was completely forgotten about? What if children WEREN'T taught that the African American ones were once considered little more than animals? What if they grew up believing that they were, are, and always have been equal?

Something to think about.
edit on 24-4-2022 by Dapaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
S&F for Florida!

Finally someone not afraid to stand up to this ridiculous nonsense.

I remember a time, not all that long ago, when inflicting that kind of emotional/psychological duress on a child would have been considered abuse. I think it should be that way and prosecuted as such.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join