It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Shortages and Food Processing Plant Fires – What’s Going On?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
www.ic3.gov...

FBI warns of hackers targeting agri enterprises

A significant disruption of grain production could impact the entire food chain, since grain is not
only consumed by humans but also used for animal feed. In addition, a significant disruption of
grain and corn production could impact commodities trading and stocks. An attack that disrupts
processing at a protein or dairy facility can quickly result in spoiled products and have cascading
effects down to the farm level as animals cannot be processed.
 In March 2022, a multi-state grain company suffered a Lockbit 2.0 ransomware attack.
In addition to grain processing, the company provides seed, fertilizer, and logistics
services, which are critical during the spring planting season.

maybe just another coincidence?

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Western governments pay farmers to NOT grow crops.

I think that tells us everything we need to know about the coming "Food Crisis".

100% manufactured Bullsh!t but let's blame Russia anyway.

I'm sick of the stupidity, it hurts.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Repeat with me!

"This is Normal. No sabotage"
"Bidden is Not out to get you"

Now go to Sleeep!

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Early last year it was several chicken farms that burned. They conjectured that it was insurance fraud due to the crash in egg prices from restaurants not buying eggs. Now its just to drive up prices and to create food shortages later this year.
I was looking at some vegan meat substitute products. That stuff is # and can't be too good for you. I'll stick to salads, veggies and potatoes.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This is the way they are going to get people to support climate change. They are going to make everything so expensive that only the rich can go anywhere, the rest of us pawns might as well give up our cars and take a public bus to work and eat rice and beans because that is all we can afford. It will get rid of the entitled people in the middle class in our society. Everyone will be poor except maybe five percent at the top.

Ask Marie Anntonette how that worked out for her. My gut feeling is that long before it gets to that point people are going to turn on them En masse globally. Everyone has HAD it. People are on edge, and historically food is the trigger that begins SHTF.
edit on 24-4-2022 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Western governments pay farmers to NOT grow crops.

I think that tells us everything we need to know about the coming "Food Crisis".

100% manufactured Bullsh!t but let's blame Russia anyway.

I'm sick of the stupidity, it hurts.

Western farmers have been growing crops that are too water intensive, and have been monocropping. This is damaging the soil. Farmers are also growing crops based on subsidies, not on what the market actually demands.

None of these things are good.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Stated under Trump, so it's not Biden realted.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Western farmers have been growing crops that are too water intensive, and have been monocropping. 

That's a cop out.

There are plenty of things that farmers could be growing that could keep the soil rich/low water intensity but they are paid to keep them dormant.

It's all lies.

edit on 2442022 by Wide-Eyes because: To add quote

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I agree with you on the subsidies point.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Farmers can't really afford to use the low water intensity varieties because the stores and food processors won't take them as they're perceived to be unattractive to consumers.

For example, you could reduce the amount of water used in peaches and walnuts by up to 75 percent, but this results in smaller fruit and nuts which consumers don't want. It's been tried before. The farmers could only sell the peaches for jam, which barely allowed them to make any profit at all.

Reducing intensity means getting lower yields, which also means barely making any profit.

There are three solutions to this. You subsidize farmers to grow low yield or low water crops. You bring in regulations forcing them to grow low yield or low water crops, or you pay them not to produce anything at all.

In the long run subsidies aren't a sustainable answer and I get the feeling that you don't like regulation.

People have been trying for decades to encourage farmers to grow what is good for the land rather than what is most profitable, and most farmers don't want to know because they make such low profit margins as it is. Especially if they don't own the land that they farm.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

There are three solutions to this. You subsidize farmers to grow low yield or low water crops. You bring in regulations forcing them to grow low yield or low water crops, or you pay them not to produce anything at all. 

There has to be a better solution to this.

The fact that Bill Gates is buying up thousands of square miles of farmland tells me that this is deeper than just soil protection/water table management.

They're going to starve us out mate and I really don't see anything we can do about it.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Meh, food wastage around the world in north of 30%.....30%. Aint no food shortage....if anything there is a glut, so it must be controlled to keep prices stable.....ergo these fake sell by dates.

This is scare mongering.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Most likely a chicken or the egg thing.

People see others getting worked up over little to nothing at all when they can be easily explained and then running away with it for a laugh at their expense.

It's like that damned movie theater thread all over again.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

That's some messed up sh!t.

Pure theater.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

What do you think, is going on?

“Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people.”

It's always about control.

Always.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
It's called, "# happens".

And the stores in my town are back to normal. Prices are a little high, but I can find anything I want or need.

Stop being so afraid all the time. Oh no! Food might go away. So glad Tucker's on to this. Now that he's taking care of all our "ball" needs.

Don't pretend that it's not a concern. Here in Canada, prices up 10-15+% overall, and up to 50% on some stuff. Definitely some things not on the shelf either. This has sweet f all to do with Tucker.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

And worth mentioning here is almost the exact same warning timed with last year's fall harvest season (as opposed to yours for the current planting season).

Cyber Criminal Actors Targeting the Food and Agriculture Sector with Ransomware Attacks - 1 September 2021

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   
the issues about terrorists being invited into USA was put aside years ago...

yet here they are...arson to create forest wildfires and sabotage of food supply by these radical fanatics from the deserts of the world

here we go again with PCness

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Can you cite any instances of illegal immigrants, many of who work directly in the agricultural industry and rely on those jobs to provide for their families, have caused deliberate acts of arson, forest fires, or sabotage to the food supply?

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
A few years ago the radical liberal trash made comments and warnings about forests and fires. Low and behold the next few fire season were wild, with the fires near major highways.
The liberal left just switched tactics...like they now no longer call themselves ANTIFA, but are focusing on children and calling themselves 'groomers'.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join