It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama Calls For More Censorship First Amendment Does Not Apply to Facebook and Twitter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Jimy718
It is from your DOJ. It isn't my interpretation it is your law, according to your law makers.

Show me where in the 1st amendment the restriction is on anyone that isn't part of the government.

All I did was to post something that makes it clear that section 242 only applies to public officials

Eta:

The Justice Dept. page only shows what specifically applies to government,

That is because it only applies to them.

edit on 26-4-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
It is from your DOJ. It isn't my interpretation it is your law, according to your law makers.

Show me where in the 1st amendment the restriction is on anyone that isn't part of the government.

All I did was to post something that makes it clear that section 242 only applies to public officials

Eta:

The Justice Dept. page only shows what specifically applies to government,

That is because it only applies to them.

Wow, just wow. I feel like such a bozo right now; I evoked the wrong paragraph. I mean 242 looked like such a good bit of 'code' that I didn't look further. My bad!

Let us try paragraph 241 instead: Paragraph 241 Title 18 USC.

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or

If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured—

They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

This appears to apply to "Persons", and by extension Corporations as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Civil Rights Offenses

Civil Rights Conspiracy Statute - Section 241 makes it unlawful for two or more persons to agree to injure, threaten, or intimidate an individual in the free exercise or enjoyment of his or her constitutionally protected rights.

STATUTES ENFORCED BY THE CRIMINAL SECTION

Section 241 is used in Law Enforcement Misconduct and Hate Crime Prosecutions. It was historically used, before conspiracy-specific trafficking statutes were adopted, in Human Trafficking prosecutions.

Closer but you still can't get away from the fact that agreeing to Terms of Service or Terms and Conditions of Use that you agree to limit that right and you are not being injured, threatened or intimidated by a company if they deny you service.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Let us try paragraph 241 instead: Paragraph 241 Title 18 USC.

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured— They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.
Text

This appears to apply to "Persons", and by extension Corporations as well.

OK, so you think this applies to Twitter, et. al., and you may well be right.

So now explain EXACTLY how TWITTER, et. al., is conspiring to allow THE GOVERNMENT to censure YOU.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Since its clear that some of you folk cannot grasp the concept of the what the 1st Amendment does, I reprint here the text from the XKCD cartoon I linked above.

Public Service Announcement

• The right to free speech means the Government cannot arrest you for what you say.
  • It doesn't mean that anyone else has to listen to your bull#... or host you while you share it.
  • The 1st Amendment doesn't shield you from criticism or consequences.
  • If you're yelled at, boycotted, have your show cancelled, or get banned from an internet community, your free speech rights aren't being violated.
  • Its just that people listening think you're an asshole.
  • And they're showing you the door.

(credit to XKCD)

Its really that simple.

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Actually, what is clear is that there is a serious disconnect from logic and linguistics in the interpretation of these two laws.

It is usually fruitless to attempt to argue with those who do not see these issues. Good luck to y'all.

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You cannot waive inalienable rights. Nor can you enter into an equitable contract without being fully informed about the nature of the things in the contract, like the $ value of your personal information.

How much is it worth? Simple question.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Censorship is communism. Decency and morality is anticommanits. Remove all censorship and the communists become disadvantaged because 90% of their power is derived from the strict control of knowledge and information.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeriouslyDeep
Censorship is communism. Decency and morality is anticommanits....

That is "seriously shallow".

And inane.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join