It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to be in the movie Finest Kind being filmed in New Bedford Ma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
While I have pictures of the casting call that was in our local paper they are in JPEG format so the best I can do right now is copy and paste parts of the article.
Check this paragraph out…

According to the casting notice, the
filmmakers
are specifically looking to
represent the diverse population unique
to the New Bedford area, such as people
of Cape Verdean and Portuguese de-
scent, and Black people, mixed-race
children and newborns.

The thing is, in truth the black population in this area is anything but large and their participation in the fishing has been minimal at best as long as I’ve been around. I’ve worked on deck with 2-3 black guys in my day and they were fine fishermen as fas as I was concerned, their skin color had nothing to do with anything, period! There is however a very sizable Norwegian fleet and population, especially on the Fairhaven Ma. side of this huge harbor of hundreds of commercial fishing boats and everything that includes their operation and care.
There are more fisherfolk and their families of Scandinavian origin from all across the far northern regions of this planet than I can count in this “diverse population” and they have been here for generation
Does the copy and paste above read like the filmmakers are interested in blonde, blue eyed Norwegians or does it read more like of the agenda where our “President” put a black woman on the Supreme Court not because of her legal history and successes at being a judge but because she is black?

In my opinion what I see is Hollywood being exactly what they scream America has become, racist.
I have not a single racist bone in my body but enough is enough, I want every legal citizen of these great United States to have the same chance for a better life.
One more little rant, the television commercials now, how is it that 70% or better of them have so quickly put black, mixed race families or like one add I saw about Alzheimer’s, two older gay men holding hands. How have they gotten up front in the commercials so quickly?
Man, I could really go on a tear here when I think about stuff like my grandkids school thinks it’s ok to have Drag Queens read stories to students, even pre-schoolers.

Anyway, I digress.
Want to be in the movie Finest Kind? Casting Calls end April 22.

GOOD-LUCK !!!!

PS: My mothers father was 100% Portuguese with Cape Verdean relatives and he was rather dark skinned, like a white guy with a good tan.
He owned a radios shop when I was a kid but to look at me you’ll see just a white man, a man as white as can be, almost.
Think I’d fit into the “diverse population that represents the area” for their casting call requirements as you can read above.
I don’t think I’ll be beginning a career in acting anytime soon…..this country has lost it’s mind!

HEY, enjoy the movie!

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: ya know, stuff

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

My guess is that they're looking to report on diversity for tax credits, considering the main three actors are white guys.

That being said, it says they're looking for people with Cape Verdean and Portugese descent, so you fit the bill.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
LOL, I’m all set but you do have a point.

The other issue per the article is that you must be fully vaxed including the booster to be considered.

That cancels me out.

Cheers………😎

a reply to: Atsbhct

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Oh snap! I know a fisherman from New Bedford that could fill this. I’ll forward to my niece in law.

ETA: Damn, he’s a stepdad and white sorry

edit on 19-4-2022 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2022 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I wish him luck!
If his dad fished I’ll bet I know him…….

Come to know many people about the waterfront in a few decades.

a reply to: KTemplar

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: pic

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Did you have to throw the kid back or did it eventually grow into a keeper?

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   
She’s got one in her junior year of high school now, besides two others.

Def. a keeper!

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: sausage fingers

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You probably do know him. He’s white though and I guess a bit of a redneck and initially from NJ.

Sound familiar?

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
You probably do know him. He’s white though and I guess a bit of a redneck and initially from NJ.

Sound familiar?

I was never a fisherman.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Aside from Jersey you just described 1/2 the fleet…..🤣
Get a few boat names if you can….

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Nevamind…….😆

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: Duh

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That’s me in the pic, I’m a white boy as well.
Kinda shows a bit I think…..😁

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
We were in Hawaii back in 03, that’s her on the left.

The other turned into a keeper as well….

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I knew you were going to say that!

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You guys look happy! 🍻

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

While I have pictures of the casting call that was in our local paper they are in JPEG format

Well , load em up in any picture software , even MS Paint will do , and save em in any format .

edit on 4/19/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

top topics

join