It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A forgotten Batman graphic novel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It’s Batman: The Cult, a four-issue graphic novel originally published in 1988. It’s highly recommended because in this artwork it’s described an organization which resembles a lot to a smaller version of the real-life Reactionary Conspiracy, more precisely to the cultist part of the Level 2. The methods this organization uses to reach power are told in a quite clear way, thus making of this comic a very advisable tool to learn how a part of the conspiracy works.

In Spain, it was published with some pages disordered to try to difficult its comprehension.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Comics went through an artist change in those days causing a boom in sales from Sunday paper to manga like graphic novels or less child centric. Thinking of the meme of Scooby Doo was great til Scrappy came along should allow some people to "get it". But yeah the art change is what caused the resurgence or boom we are still getting today in like um is there any movies not graphic novel or comic book based? For rabid fans sorry for the insult ...just hold onto your adult size underoos it'll be ok.

Batman(The Movie) released in 1943... that's a rare since WW2 was coming to an end during filming they didn't know so it's all about Japanese spies, monarch style mind control and it's got some got some of that zip pow buffoonery to it that the Adam West Burt Ward series made fun of... "You move like a pregnant wildebeest" ~Remo Williams comes to mind... but it is a grueling or a whopping 3 hours 35 minutes long depending on perspective. That's hell of A lot of film canned making it to screen in those days.

One of my friends is a Batman buff like seriously addicted and came out of the closet with he had a problem two or three cedar lined footlockers full. in my opinion it was too much Batman out there wanted and not enough finances from work for it, otherwise no problem... something A lot of fan Boyz and Gurlz have these days so ahead of his time I guess. I never bothered to tell him ever that I used to have Batman 1 and Spiderman 1 passed to me from someone house fire when I was little wiped them into the coals. Perhaps I just didn't have the heart to break his with it.

Who knows sometimes I pick one up a comic here or there rares or number one's but I've never really been passionate about it... besides I liked Conan and well the covers sometimes featured ladies of the scantily clad aside from that it was a graphic novel variety and having a "Jewish" style mom that really wasn't Jewish? Oh, the pain in the ass they can be even when you're 50. Ashamed of you being ashamed of or for me? Kinda a losing battle as I can't no be me without lies but those questions are none of your business and kinda sick that you'd even want to know and curious about it. But c'est la vie... as the heart knowing you won't miss them when they are dead and gone due specifically to all of that nonsense is in the right place.

new topics

join