It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

halo - different but good.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Not sure how many people know there is a show based on the game HALO. Apparently it's far removed from the game, which I never really played, so for me I am enjoying it rather than criticising it for it's differences. But then, this is from the yt comments, they want the music better and the actor to sound the same as chief in the game.. pfft, play the game then. This is entertainment value.

Love me a decent sci-fi space show, though. They should make a Serious Sam movie, haha, "Damn, it's cold, my nipples are hard like pencil erasers" ... Best game in multiplayer I ever played, but it was with a clan who were from across the globe and kept trash talk to nil and played for fun. I remember a bloke who sniped me once, I just said Ox - he asked what does that mean, I replied "You shot me in the eye!" and half the server laughed. Most of them are dead now, they were adults, of varying ages. I miss those days... I even converted a persistens camper into being a decent player and he got to join our clan. He lived in the netherlands, and we chatted once. Damn people with parrots.. Squaaaawk. every 15 seconds. lol

Anyway, just thought I'd see if those who have not known about it, now will. Still a new show so it could go anywhere, but I am digging it so far!!

edit on 19-4-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0
Not sure how many people know there is a show based on the game HALO. Apparently it's far removed from the game, which I never really played, so for me I am enjoying it rather than criticising it for it's differences. But then, this is from the yt comments, they want the music better and the actor to sound the same as chief in the game.. pfft, play the game then. This is entertainment value.

Love me a decent sci-fi space show, though. They should make a Serious Sam movie, haha, "Damn, it's cold, my nipples are hard like pencil erasers" ... Best game in multiplayer I ever played, but it was with a clan who were from across the globe and kept trash talk to nil and played for fun. I remember a bloke who sniped me once, I just said Ox - he asked what does that mean, I replied "You shot me in the eye!" and half the server laughed. Most of them are dead now, they were adults, of varying ages. I miss those days... I even converted a persistens camper into being a decent player and he got to join our clan. He lived in the netherlands, and we chatted once. Damn people with parrots.. Squaaaawk. every 15 seconds. lol

Anyway, just thought I'd see if those who have not known about it, now will. Still a new show so it could go anywhere, but I am digging it so far!!

Was it a Norwegian Blue?

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

It is horrible. Even the producers said that they know nothing and use nothing of the games story. Not only that but in the first episode they have master chief take of his helmet showing a face that just makes you go meh. by the third episode they have masterchief standing buck naked and by that time he is constantly walking around without his helmet. But this is just the tip of the iceberg. It is awful.

Only the very first episode is Ok since they superficially hit the nail on the head with the looks even though a lot of that is completely incorrect but you will have hope for the series after having seen the first episode. It goes down the drain from the very second episode and even harder after that. This is the reason why they are handing out the first episode for free and they are not trying to block reviews of that episode but they do on all the other episodes.

There is a reason why CBS has been blocking reviews on this series world wide.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 19 Apr 2022 04:56:02 -05002220224America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I never did see it so can't say what colour it was, it was just a long chat, he even said "Ahh you pouring drink!" as I poured a beer into a glass.

But it did have a Norwegian accent. All I know is, it was LOUD.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Yeah but as I said, I don't follow the lore. So for me, it's just a good entertainment time waster.

I mean, I know how trekkies hate the recent revisits, and I get that, I am one too. But I still watch that one with the girl named Michael. eek.

But for someone just watching a show about a thing, it's not too shabby at all. I'm actually pissed they ended ep 4 on such a high note. Don't care if it fits into the game or not. I'm enjoying it.

Fans will be fans however. Shame that they can't see past the tree to see the forest.

edit on 19-4-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Never played Halo, always a PlayStation man. but I think this show is dope. I cant get enough of space stuff. the inner child in me. I can't wait for every Thursday

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I played almost every Halo game and the show has some flaws but overall I think it is pretty close to the game. The show fills in a lot of the gaps in the games.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I've never played the game nore have I gotten into the story.

I've seen the first 2 episodes and did enjoy it. It's like starting new I guess.

I'm actually a huge fan of the popular web series Red vs. Blue. So I'm basing what little I know of the original games off that.

Season 6
youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

That sounds like what's happening with the Mandalorian, haha

Funny to see the comments are mostly; "never played it" and "enjoyed the show", haha

Incidentally, I never played the game, and haven't watched the show, yet

So I'll wait for it to be on a streaming service I am subscribed to, or I'll take the high seas, depends...
edit on 19-4-2022 by coamanach because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: coamanach

That sounds like the what's happening with the Mandalorian, haha

Certainly the feeling I got watching Master Chief fly around those asteroids.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Looks interesting. Halo 1 and 2 were masterpieces of their time. Hopefully the show catches that vibe and music.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Never played much halo either… the helmet coming off was kinda weird for me, but I’m digging the show so far.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: coamanach

Funny to see the comments are mostly; "never played it" and "enjoyed the show", haha

So I'll wait for it to be on a streaming service I am subscribed to, or I'll take the high seas, depends...

Haha you remind me of when I was younger, seeing a teenager wearing a metal up you ass t-shirt, and asking about metallica... "I don't listen to that."

I know what you mean.. but they could had called this anything else, I'd still be enjoying it..

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Let's just all hope they never make a Rust tv show or movie...

It gets a lot worse in that game, let me tell you. For starters, you start off naked.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I like it, but when Master Chief takes off his helmet, All I can think is "That's that rapist, from Law & Order"

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Just watched the newest episode of this, and all I can say is it's great!

Makes the Mandalorian look like a pile.. This is way better than all the star treks, star wars, et al, shows combined.

Damn the way it ended though, another cliff hanger. Always the way, hang you over a cliff...

Glad I jumped off the cliff of reservation, to find myself watching this. I don't think I could even play Halo after this, lol..

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Just got done watching episode 5 and there's some nice cinematic eye-candy towards the end. I've rated it at 7 for now because I'm not sure if they're going to keep pumping that amount of money in it. We're at the stage when they're trying to impress the audience and develop a viewerbase. Often shows get cheaper with more melodrama scenes later on. Here's how Halo fits in to my rating list (those still running are marked with a *):

Stargate SG-1 (10; longest fun adventure, some cheap filler episodes, but that's alright, cause they usually have some humor in them or character/chemistry building storylines)
Babylon 5 (9.5; best interstellar war story, best characters, fewest filler episodes, poor outdated graphics and visuals)
Star Trek DS9 (9; best enemy, the Dominion, a bit slow to get going, but the Ferengi and Quark are hilariously anti-woke and anti-PC as you're waiting for the Dominion plot to pick up along with some Klingon, Romulan and Cardassian military activity and getting an opportunity to enjoy the best character in the show, Garak, closely followed by Quark, Odo, Dukat, Kira, Weyoun, Winn, General Martok, Gowron, Cretak, the Romulan assigned to DS9 after the Romulans join the war, Zekkie, "Brunt, FCA")

Stargate Atlantis (8.9; especially around season 4 it gets less interesting)
Game of Thrones (8.8; ignoring the last season)
Blackadder (8.5)
The Expanse (8) (last season: 8.5)
Stargate Universe (7.5) (ignoring the stone-mindswap scenes, otherwise 7)
ST TNG (7.4)
Space: Above and Beyond (7.3)
The old BSG (7.2)
The Mandalorian (7.1)*
Halo (7)*
Loki (7)*
Firefly (6.9)
The Book of Boba Fett (6.8)*
Time Commanders (6.7)
Band of Brothers (6.6)
ST Voyager and Enterprise (6.5)
Foundation (6.5)*
The Witcher (6.4)* (season 2: 7)
Hornblower (6.3)
What If...? (6.2)*
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (6.1)
Hatfields & McCoys (6)
Spin City (6)
Seinfeld (6)
Married with Children (6)
Big Bang Theory (6)
Picard (5.9)* (dropping like a stone in my list with every new episode in season 2, beginning to look more and more like ST Discovery)
Farscape (5.9)
The Dark Crystal (5.8)
The Twilight Zone 1985–1989 (5.7)
Andromeda (5.6)
The Storyteller 1987-1989 (5.5)
MacGyver (5.5)
Airwolf (5.5)
WandaVision (5.5)
See (5.4)*
Sliders (5) (more for kids and teens)
The new BSG (4.5) (too much swapping male characters with female characters; cheap human cylons)
Shadow and Bone (4.4)*
ST Discovery (4.3)* (wokeness supreme, Woke Trek Discovery)
Lost in Space (4.2) (last season: 5.2)
The Boys (4.1)*
Krypton (4)
Lost (3.9)
Deadwood (3.8)
The Wheel of Time (3.7)*
Vikings (3.6)
The Orville (3.5)*
Heroes (3.4)
Dark Matter (3.3)
Rome (3.2)
The Last Kingdom (3.1)
Quantum Leap (3)
His Dark Materials (3)*
Black Sails (2.9)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2.8)
Doctor Who (2.7)*
Attack on Titan (2.6)
The Flash (2.5)*
Ash vs Evil Dead (2.5)
Stranger Things (2.4)*
Legends of Tomorrow (2.3)*
TWD (2.3)*
Falling Skies (2.2)
Merlin (2.1)
Moon Knight (2)*
FTWD (2)*
Peacemaker (1.9)*
Raised by Wolves (1)*
Arrow (1) (just got done watching season 1 because I was watching The Flash and got to the last crossover where he dies; but I'll never be able to get into such a hero soap drama. The Flash isn't much better but at least the crossovers are fun, and the melodrama scenes are fairly well anounced or spottable so I can fast-forward. But so far there's nothing in Arrow that actually interests me, and no CGI for powers, i.e. no eye-candy. So what's left? Just another CSI type show combined with soap drama, Melrose Place style. Not my thing.)

As you can see, the highest rated show among shows that are currently running (i.e. modern shows in today's climate of way more political funding and influence for entertainment media), is the Mandalorian at 7.1. So Halo is right up there with 7, for now... (let's see how they're going to ruin this one cause I originally had Picard at 7.6 after the first few episodes, got my hopes up for nothing regarding the major Borg invasion of Federation space I'm still waiting for, a storyline akin to the war with the Dominion in ST DS9, a powerful enemy, fleet battles, discussion of tactics and strategy, build up to climactic events, making alliances through the subterfuge of characters like Quark, Garak and Weyoun, those are the type of characters I'd like to see return to the Star Trek shows, rather than someone as dull as seven of nine, or the Borg Queen from the movie that I also didn't like).
edit on 29-4-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

'Your guy' likes the action in ep.5 as well.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Yeah, all 209 seconds of it. Did you see the rest of his review? He hates the rest of it and even says he wishes there was more like that one action scene but "they gone done fugg it up".

Convenient how you skipped that.

His opinion does not change throughout the rest of the episodes either.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: coamanach

lmao, it's like that kid wearing a metal up your ass t-shirt, who never listened to metallica..
edit on 16-5-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join