It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The economic blitzkrieg against Russia has failed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

I want to convey to you a few thoughts regarding the sanctions pressure and the economic situation in Russia and the United States.

On March 8, Bloomberg reported that analysts at the financial corporation Morgan Stanley believe that by April 15 Russia will be unable to fulfill its obligations, that is, there will be a default in Russia.

It has already become clear to everyone that there is no default and never will be. Rather, a default happened, but not in Russia, but in the United States on their dollar obligations.

Everything is very simple. Debt repayment requires the efforts of three parties:

1. The issuer of bonds (Russia) must pay the debt.
2. The issuer of the currency (USA) must allow the payment to go through.
3. The lender must accept payment.

Russia fulfilled its part of the obligations, sent a payment order to the bank. The United States did not fulfill its part of the obligations, refused to make a payment. This is a default on the dollar. The dollar no longer performs the main function of the currency, that is, it is not a means of payment.

The dollar exchange rate in Russia has already returned to the pre-sanctions period. The main blow of the Americans has already been neutralized, so the Central Bank of Russia is rolling back temporary restrictions. Exchanges are working again, the refinancing rate is gradually decreasing, from today banks are allowed to sell cash to citizens. Now gold and foreign exchange reserves amount to more than 600 billion and are gradually growing. Approximately half of Russia's reserves were stolen in February by the Americans, and the Central Bank has not yet written them off the balance sheet, but the remaining 300 billion is quite enough to protect the ruble system from external chaos. Even taking into account dollar inflation, this is an order of magnitude more than in 1998. Russia's external debt is also declining.

I repeat, the refusal to fulfill obligations under the dollar is a full-fledged US default, and in a very harsh version. This is not a technical default like "we delayed the paperwork, we will start payments in a week." This is not an ordinary default like “we have temporarily run out of money, but be patient a little, we will now earn and give everything back.” This is a specific fraudulent default: “we robbed you, and what will you do to us?”.

Lenders do not forgive this. If, after a normal default, reputation is restored in 10-20 years, then open fraud will be remembered by Americans until the current generation of investors fully retires, that is, at least 40-50 years.

The modern US management elite is incompetent and selfish, but America was still not going to default on the dollar openly, there was another plan. They believed in their own propaganda about the weakness of the Russian economy and decided that Russia would choose one of two losing paths:

1. Refuse to pay at all, after which it will be possible to pretend that Russia has declared a default.
2. Will, wiping tears, pay creditors with other dollars - not those that the United States stole, but new ones that Russia will begin to exchange for rapidly depreciating rubles.

Russia went the third way, unexpected for the USA. She ritually tried to pay her debts with stolen dollars in order to fix the guilt of the Americans, and then calmly began to pay her debts in rubles. Well, the trap has been closed. Russia is honestly paying its debts, while the economy is functioning normally. The ruble is strengthening, you can freely exchange it on the stock exchange for any currency. It is impossible to blame Russia for the default. Not inside the Western world, since investors are not stupid, and even more so outside it, where the US has long had a reputation for cheating.

What awaits the US economy after such a default, I think ordinary Americans know better than me.

Thank you.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

"economic blitzkrieg"

That's pretty funny.

You think someone is attacking russia economically?

Most of the planet simply decided to stop doing business with a country that invaded a non threatening neighbor, russia now has north korea/apartheid status in most of the world.

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

"economic blitzkrieg"

That's pretty funny.

Most of the planet simply decided to stop doing business with a country that invaded a non threatening neighbor, russia now has north korea/apartheid status in most of the world.

You take on a great responsibility, arguing that the countries that have imposed sanctions on Russia are most of the world, and even "civilized".
Just look at the map, how many countries have imposed sanctions and how many have not. Everything is clear there.
Through North Korea. Are you a Nazi? After all, Nazism is the ideology of the superiority of one's own race over others, and you can clearly see this.

By the way, you are always the first to appear under my topics. It seems that you do not sleep and follow my posts around the clock))))

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Is Russia in a worse state economically than before February 24th ?

Everyone knows the answer is yes.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Is Russia in a worse state economically than before February 24th ?

Everyone knows the answer is yes.

You're right. But at what cost? Just yesterday, statistics were published for Britain, where more than half of the queen's subjects indicated that their economic condition had deteriorated significantly.

It is interesting that in Russia they are citizens, and in Britain they are subjects of the queen. But for some reason, Britain wants to teach everyone about democracy))))

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   

You're right. But at what cost? Just yesterday, statistics were published for Britain, economic condition had deteriorated significantly.

So has most most of the world. Rising inflation due to the impact of Covid.

in Britain they are subjects of the queen.

My British Passport states i am a British Citizen. I suppose not many Russians have passports.

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think I err on the side of Russia, in a dispassionate way, in that they seem to be operating above board, financially speaking, and the US seems to have been dishonest/disingenuous.

I also think treating Ukraine as an 'unthreatening neightbour' is farcical, seeing as they laundered billions upon billions for the crooked American elitists, such as the Biden family, and now they're actively trying to invoke conditions (NATO intervention) that will lead to a world war. Real unthreatening of them - they clearly care nothing for the fate of the world as long as their crooked asses (the politicians that is) get saved by NATO.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   

The sad fact is, British democracy suffers the same problems with corruption that many, many other supposed democracies suffer. Corruption is endemic in the entire world system. I still hold that Britain is a good place to live, though there are institutional problems which really do need to be addressed over the coming years (if, by God's grace, we escape the planning of the globalists - which unfortunately, on paper, seems unlikely..)

But then again, miracles do happen!

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   
On the economic front Russia is just a patsy, a convenient excuses as hate week goes on. Sure a few bucks got stolen, they will never admit it and just ask for more.

While Trudeau in Canada is tasked with an evil agenda, one good thing he has done by financially attacking anyone that supported the Trucker Convoy is give the community a heads up for what is coming. Those affected by this have been forced to look for other ways to trade and exchange and will be ahead should the whole thing fail.

If I was some dark AI system trying to take over the world, The time to pull it down is as the people are waking up on mass to the deception put before them. Makes for an effective distraction. Hopefully by then the governments around the world will have there integrated troops in place to start the round up.

Russia has already had some hard economic lesson lately, good to see it holding. As for the hard economic lessons for the west? Looks like things are still just warming up.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Very good point regarding the Trudeau heads-up. Interesting times ahead.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Why then should it be different in Russia? Just because you want to?

And why do I need a UK passport? I have a Russian passport. I am not an oligarch, I am not a thief, I am not a corrupt official and I am not a terrorist to hide from justice in Britain. Let them dream about your passport)))))

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:51 AM
link   

And why do I need a UK passport?

Who said you did ? Did you dream that ?

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The mental gymnastics involved here are quite remarkable.

The Russian debt was denominated in dollars. If it can't pay in dollars then it has defaulted.

The Russian economy is looking at least 8% contraction this year, probably much more with rising inflation and unemployment.

Putin's action have done damage to the Russisn economy that will be felt by ordinary russians for years to come.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Morgan Stanley has already predicted a default in Russia on April 15th. It seems that Western forecasters and analysts use the services of soothsayers and psychics))))

wishful thinking)))

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

So has most most of the world. Rising inflation due to the impact of Covid.

Covid didn’t do that governments acting in lockstep did.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Essentially an economy the size of Italy, and the poorest country in Europe have been blamed for the growing economic woes of the West. The everyday economy, if there is enough cash in the system will just do fine. But too much cash has been sitting in hedge funds as a Ponzi excuse for real wealth, which is after all a well-working economy, all this cash is now coming out and buying assets that will just inflate its worth away. That's why greed is bad. You end up with it all, and it becomes nothing, while the world moves on. The day that the dollar was not backed by real money was the day that a little bit of paper said it could not be exchanged for gold or silver. Then getting paid in a paper promise propped up by the morality of today's politicians, is asking for it. That's why they want a digital dollar because its use can be rationed. Especially in the command economy that they have planned.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

"economic blitzkrieg"

That's pretty funny.

What the Hades do you call sanctions ?

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Uh, isn't that the literal definition of sanction?

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 05:17 AM
link   

But we subjects can protest freely and criticise our Monarchy and/or government openly relatively free from the fear of reprisal.....which many of us do quite frequently.

To be honest I've never really been sure about the effectiveness of sanctions. They tend to harm the ordinary man in the street who has no real influence on policy making far more than the elites who make the decisions that bring about the sanctions.
I don't imagine for one minute that Putin is suffering anything like Mr Average from Smolensk.

But I'm afraid in this instance there wasn't really any other option.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Now Russia is the freest country in the world. You live in captivity of the old notions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join