It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to drive a narcissist insane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just some family gossip and ramblings.

Firstly, I think everyone has bit of a narcissistic tendency sometimes, but we all know people
That check off all the boxes!!! I’m sure as you read this you have that person pictured in your mind. T-O-X-I-C
Nothing brings out the activity like Holidays!!! You also know what I’m talking about.

I have an ex family member that is the poster child for narcissist personality disorder.

Here’s the thing, I had always gotten along with her fairly well even through some really weird incidents….She would go out of her way to make people jealous, but I am simply NOT a jealous person. I’ll give you a perfect example. When you are expecting company would a woman typically put on lingerie to greet that company? Yes, she did that. Weird, I chalked it up to low self esteem. There were many many things like this over the years, but I just brushed them off. Then things started to happen that were real red flags.

She took some family photos and I noticed she distorted my face in them!! Ok, kinda weird and childish, but some whatever.

Thinking back there were so many little incidents that I brushed off, as I string them together I see there was a consistent pattern.
She absolutely hated when I had anything beautiful - house, car, kids, marriage, you name it.
She absolutely hated it when anything good happened - times of celebration, excuses were always made not to be available to come

When someone complimented me on my hair her face looked like the devil. She has long beautiful hair that I’m sure gets lots of compliments and her pride and joy, but I have very rare hair and it stand out, maybe to make matters worse I don’t like attention on my hair, but people love to touch it make comments etc. So that night she told me she didn’t believe my hair was *real* and another relative had to correct her and tell her I’ve had the same hair since I was a child.

If anything bad happened she seemed to take pleasure in it. She wouldn’t outright cackle or anything, but you can catch a vibe real quick
So anyways, this person was no longer part of our family yet we still kept casually in touch. Then my parents both died.
I don’t even know how it is possible, but she made it about her! That was it. I was done, that was the last straw. I just stopped talking to her.

So fast forward. I have an Easter gathering and she is not invited obviously. She already posted something on FB about it, something about woe is her or some crap, remember this is an ex family member by marriage.

Ok here is the part of how to drive a narcissist crazy, and this is the only thing that works. Ignore them! That is it. It drives them completely insane, crazy, loco. They can’t stand it.

So the FB didn’t get any hits so she MESSAGES me like we are still family, talking some mushy stuff. I read it and did not respond. I am cracking up because I know she is going nuts!

Cut them off, and zero contact. That is the only way! Don’t make it complicated, zero contact, no responses, ghost the crap out of them.
The farther you are away from the person the more you will reflect on their evil deeds! Surround yourself you good people, people that are genuinely happy when good things happen, and sad when bad things happen. Enjoying Holidays without narcissist stress is the best thing ever! Try it you’ll like it!

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
I agree; ignoring a true narcissist drives them bat *# crazy, but would strongly recommend against it if you're in a relationship with one. They can go from crazy to extremely dangerous in a flash.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Nice idea, except when said narcissist keeps your grand kids as hostage.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Still having trouble from Karen Jag?

Your walking the right path.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 17-4-2022 by Dalamax because: Nvm

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Nice idea, except when said narcissist keeps your grand kids as hostage.

That is the worst case scenario and actually happened in my family too (not me)
I'm convinced that when the kids grow up they will understand though.
edit on 17-4-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I seem to be Attracted to Narcissist

I even Loved one and I mean really really loved her , you wanna talk about leaving a hole in my heart

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Lots of boomers are narcissistic.

This was the Nazi youth paperclip program.

Make them ________... holes, instead of thinking community.. that may lead to communism...

Sex drugs rock and roll..

All signs of massive generational narcissism l.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

but I have very rare hair and it stand out,

Just what is "very rare hair" - obviously "very rare hair" would stand out but I have never ever seen hair and thought that is "very rare hair" - never.

Please explain just what is so very rare about your hair.......or just "ignore" this narcissism.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

but I have very rare hair and it stand out,

Just what is "very rare hair" - obviously "very rare hair" would stand out but I have never ever seen hair and thought that is "very rare hair" - never.

Please explain just what is so very rare about your hair.......or just "ignore" this narcissism.

I am Asian/White and I have Long curly hair.
It is extremely rare for Asians to have naturally curly hair.

It is rare for people to just have naturally curly hair, but to be Asian and have Asian hair that is curly.
The only Asian person like me that I’ve ever personally seen that had curly hair, (I’m not talking wavy), but curly was my Asian Grandma.

edit on 18-4-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I’ll give you a perfect example. When you are expecting company would a woman typically put on lingerie to greet that company? Yes, she did that.

Is she hot? If she's hot it's okay, if not it's gross.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I’ll give you a perfect example. When you are expecting company would a woman typically put on lingerie to greet that company? Yes, she did that.

Is she hot? If she's hot it's okay, if not it's gross.

I’m sure some would find her attractive, BUT, this is inappropriate dress for relatives!!!! 👀
Unless you’re one of “those” types of families. 👀

Not just one time either, in front of my elderly relatives. No respect.
edit on 18-4-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I’m sure some would find her attractive...

In that case I'd be using both an American holiday calendar and an Asian one too to visit more frequently.

Tell her to put on her fishnets for Dragon Boat Festival or Tomb Sweeping Day.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I like your style.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: resoe26

Hot chick likes hosting holiday get togethers in her undies. I have zero issues with that.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: resoe26

Hot chick likes hosting holiday get togethers in her undies. I have zero issues with that.

That’s not hot, that’s easy.

Hot is when you want something you can’t have and must use your imagination.
Most guys have no patience these days and are 🌽 out, so doesn’t surprise me.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

That’s not hot, that’s easy.

McLovin it.

top topics

join