It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Our Job To Control How People Think — Not Elon Musk’s

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
We don't want an Oligarch billionaire (who doesn't want to censor the stuff we want censored) taking over from our Oligarch billionaires who will censor what we want them to!

Seems this possible Twitter takeover scares the hell out them because it is THEIR JOB to control what people think. Yeah, they said it.

miamistandard.news...

None other than MSNBC's 'Morning Joe' Mika Brzezinski said the following words in her out-loud voice...

"The dangerous edges here are that he is trying to undermine the media, trying to make up his own facts, and it could be that while unemployment and the economy worsen, he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think..."

And then the nail in the 'oops, I just told the truth coffin':

"...and that is our job."

To which the effervescent Joe Scarborough replies:

"Yeah".

Watch the full clip here:

twitter.com...

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Liberals have been saying for a long time they are more intelligent than everyone else. They have tons of studies done by other liberals/progressives proving they are smarter than everyone else.

Having taught Research Methods in a prominent Univ I can tell you that you can make any study prove what you want it to prove. It is quite easy to do with statistical manipulation, and/or sample size, and/or the population you choose to study. It is also well known in the Univ. universe that getting published in "respected" journals is a matter of "you review my study and say it is great, and I'll review your study and say it is great." Peer review is a joke, I've seen it first hand.

But still liberals/progressives use those studies to prove they are more intelligent, wiser, and know more than the ignorant peon masses.

MSNBC just gave it away publicly how arrogantly condescending the leftists are. They are positive they have the obligation to guide the ignorant peon masses, into the correct way of thinking.

Democrats, liberals, progressives, the alt-left consistently declare they must tell the ignorant masses (that is you and me) how to think, what to think, how to live, down to what they do to their bodies. Because liberals and progressives and Democrats are far better than the lowly masses who in their ignorance need the erudite and superior alt-left to tell them what to think.

His statement is no surprise. This type of arrogant condescension over mass media audiences (the ignorant masses) has been going on for many years now. I really saw the start of it during the Obama era.

Hillary made it clear when she deemed anyone who did not worship at the feet of the alt-left a racist, sexist, homophobe, deplorable person. Meaning the ignorant peon masses who need the great wisdom of the left to guide them in the correct way to live and think.

Since Hillary made her open declaration liberals and progressives have gone out of their way to prove how superior they are to the rest of us, because they are positive they are, and they have proved it with multiple studies done by other liberals, progressives, Democrats.

edit on 4/16/22 by The2Billies because: format

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Musk may be being taken down a peg at this time.

economictimes.indiatimes.com... 90857794.cms

The Vanguard Group, a monsterous investment corp that has been featured numerous times on AST threads concerning it's tentacle-like controls over much of our society has upped it's shares in Twitter and now controls more share than Musk.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I could swear I saw that exact clip back during the election and they were talking about Trump.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The liberal media has become one big, extended episode of 'The View'. Utterly clueless people thinking that they're wise and all knowing.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
*insert your preferred slow clap gif here*

When any studio begins to speak about any media platform as if it's a weapon being auctioned to the highest bidder, it's a giant red flag. They are projecting their paranoia and in the process exposing their unethical business model.

edit on 16-4-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

When is the Biden administration going to implement a "Musk Mandate"?

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

This should be an interesting whizzing contest. I sincerely hope he fires right back. I also hope he ends up with the company in hand only to turn it into the joke it really is.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I could swear I saw that exact clip back during the election and they were talking about Trump.

You did, it's an old clip referencing TRUMP attempting to influence voters. It's on YT. I hate it when people copy and paste to influence their point. But accidents happen I guess.

It is at least as old as Feb 2017

edit on 16-4-2022 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hahahaha

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Careful Citizens Careful.

This whole Musk-Twitter thing could be a clever controlled opposition psy-ops.

Think long and hard about what's going on with the Campaigns and the millions of dollars getting spent on law firms !! 🥥🦇

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: underpass61

You did, it's an old clip referencing TRUMP attempting to influence voters. It's on YT. I hate it when people copy and paste to influence their point. But accidents happen I guess.

It is at least as old as Feb 2017

Nice catch. You can see how the crawler at the bottom was edited out before being uploaded to Twitter.

I expect this is a social experiment to demonstrate the parallels in national outcry over Trump promoting free media and Musk promoting free media, and it's working brilliantly.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Mika Brzezinski is a highly paid but low skilled propagandist.

The honesty is refreshing, however.

The media, since the restrictions on domestic propaganda operations were lifted, have been assaulting the American mind relentlessly to elucidate emotional impulses whereby policy that has been waiting in darkness can be made law by whatever emergency is used to manipulate the public.

This isn't just done with fear. They do this with anger, love, resentment, and indifference. They act on your biological drivers. They act on your prejudices even as they condemn them in public.

They even managed to successfully use the working class as outrage shields during the pandemic.

Propaganda works and what they fear most is losing Twitter as a the world's most insidious propaganda trap.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Pundits and demagoguery go together like tooth paste and orange juice.

But again, this is from President Trump's first year in office.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   
But Elon Musk is people too

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I mean if either he or Vanguard push their stake to 15% the company will be forced to dilute. Musk owns his own fortune...Vanguard's fortune is owned by its customers. It would seem Vanguard is it the disadvantage here due to its own fiduciary responsibilities. Musk can lose whatever money he wants and not one can sue him over the loss.

Now if Musk were to trigger this dilution the share price will drop and I would expect Vanguard to reduce such an unstable position (futher reducing share price) in the interest of its customers to which it owes its fortune. At this point musk could also sell and twitter would probably freefall. At this point you might be able to scoop Twitter up at yard sale prices...
edit on 16-4-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Nice catch. You can see how the crawler at the bottom was edited out before being uploaded to Twitter.

I expect this is a social experiment to demonstrate the parallels in national outcry over Trump promoting free media and Musk promoting free media, and it's working brilliantly.

Indeed, it was a nice catch. Wonder if it was first caught here.

Regardless, she said it. Probably can't even call it out of context ... if you think about it.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If we wanted to keep free speech on the internet then we should not have given the internet away.
USA had it and let it go……we lose, period.

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: cause

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Musk may be being taken down a peg at this time.

economictimes.indiatimes.com... 90857794.cms

The Vanguard Group, a monsterous investment corp that has been featured numerous times on AST threads concerning it's tentacle-like controls over much of our society has upped it's shares in Twitter and now controls more share than Musk.

This. Sort of. There's one head of that oft-feared multi-headed illuminati beast.

Blackrock- 9.4 trillion
Vanguard - 8.4 trillion
UBS - 4.4 trillion
Fidelity - 4.2 trillion
State Street - 3.8 trillion

That's just the top 5. The top ten alone accounts for 44.1 trillion. Total World GDP is 84.71 trillion

They pretty much own sizable shares in every indexed company. Asset managers rule the world. Their death grip on the globalized economy mocks Musk's combine assets.

Let's look at what Vanguard 'owns'... (assets under management)

Highlights include; Pfizer, Raytheon Technologies, Comcast, Ford, Coca Cola, Pespi, Chevron, Exxon-Mobile, ConocoPhillips, and Wal-Mart.

Oh yeah, and also 6.2% of Tesla

Vanguard holdings

Something tells me an asset manager with that much in oil investments is not going to necessarily be a bad company to buy up shares during a "poison pill" phase considering their investor clientele.
edit on 16-4-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I can't wait for Elon to combine all the best features of assorted media to launch the innovative and audacious YouTwitFace platform.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join