It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confused octogenarian shakes hands with the invisible man then stumbles around

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79
When did Andrew Cuomo move to Australia? he picked up the accent quick and looks well too.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Of course more educated people are much more tolerant and accepting of all others than the ignorant less educated conservatives, which is why they are alt-leftists, as the linked article said.

The educated know that all ists/isms are a form of discrimination.

The Democrats overcame racism that keeps black people subjugated in the US, by electing Obama, a 1/2 white man who went to a very expensive elitist high school, and then went on to elite universities.

The Democrats are overcoming sexism by electing Harris. It doesn't matter that she can't stop giggling and laughing when asked important policy and social issues. It doesn't matter she slept her way into politics. It doesn't matter that frequently her answers to questions are clearly arrogantly condescending to her audience. She is a black (oops Jamacian/Indian) woman and that is all that matters when overcoming intolerance.

Yes overcoming intolerance is the primary and driving focus of the alt-left well educated. Doing it by putting forward real people of substance to fight intolerance is not important to them at all. The symbolism is what matters.

Now the Democrats are overcoming ageism by electing Biden. See what a person of great age has done in 2 short years for our nation in green below. Truthfully, I think they put him forward because of his cognition and there is an unelected cabal running the nation, clearly abusing an elderly man as we saw when he was left to wander around aimlessly when Obama was in their presence.

I spent many years teaching in Univ and so I know the mindset of those who truly believe liberals/progressives are superior intellects and so should rule and govern the ignorant peon masses who are too stupid to care for themselves properly.

In my abject ignorance, according to the alt-left, I am for a man for President in 2024 who is young enough to not have the inevitable mental decline that naturally occurs in a person of Biden's age.

I am for a man for President in 2025 who is 100% black, grew up in a poor single parent household, and is strong enough to have endured Democrats calling him Uncle Tim in public and interviews, and saying the legislation he put forward was "tokenism".

But Mr. Scott refuses to live in the world of the politically correct worshiper and so is vilified by liberals/progressives/Democrats. I hope Tim Scott is our next President of the US.

I don't care if that makes me part of what Democrats see as the ignorant peon masses who refuse to worship the politically correct ideology of the well educated and enlightened alt-left, even if I worked with them for many years.

edit on 4/15/22 by The2Billies because: format

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

That absolute relish on his face after viewing the footage and then saying with a stern facial expression that it's no laughing matter shortly after.

Nobody's even trying anymore.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
That is by far the saddest video yet. All the laws on the books designed to prevent elder abuse are being completely and publicly ignored, showing laws mean nothing to the 1%. A lesser peon- or all involved- would be sitting in jail right now for turning a blind eye toward such abuse.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Education tends to increase one's exposure to different viewpoints and kinds of people, fostering tolerance — a key basis for social liberalism.

Total Bull!

Education only teaches you what someone else wants you to believe. I received some "education" in the Navy. There wasn't a whole lot of emphasis on "different viewpoints" or "tolerance."

I think what gives someone good exposure to different viewpoints, different kinds of people, and fostering tolerance is travel. And by travel I don't mean going around seeing the tourist attractions and staying at the nice hotels. I mean getting out and walking the streets, talking to people, and, more importantly, listening to people.

I've learned that people can have different opinions, different lifestyles, and different priorities in life, and still be really great people. I've also learned that even the most idealized version of Democracy is not for everyone. You have to understand that most people around the world have lived for many generations believing that their government was the ultimate authority; granted that authority by the gods themselves. The concept that they should have the same rights as the ruling class is foreign to them, no pun intended. Suddenly forcing Democracy on them always leads to chaos, at least in the short term.

You can even see vestiges of that mindset in today's enlightened Western Democracies.

That being said, I think American Democrats should be the last ones to lecture anyone on tolerance and accepting different viewpoints.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
People with dementia and alzheimer disease see people who aren't there occasionally. This is not that unusual.

It just means that old man has one of those conditions in later stages, meaning he has had it for maybe two or three years. He better not claim it happened on the job and go for workers comp. We do not need to be paying his wages if Kamala takes over his job.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

He was being applauded by everyone and was gesturing to the other delegates (who were also applauding him) that they shared in the accolades. He was nowhere near enough to any of them to shake hands.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You're making it funnier with that $2 defense.

new topics

top topics

join