It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to eat people(in any setting with superpowers) you need to be superhuman?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Do people assume that those who practice Cannibalism(in any setting where superpowers are (proven to) exist) are confined to Superhumans, regardless of the moral spectrum(even the most immoral of ordinary mortals will never eat people)?

I'm just curious over people assuming totally normal human cannibals sharing the world with any superpowered beings never a thing, regardless of the morality
edit on 14/4/2022 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: masonicon

Uh, yeah. I mean no. Probably not. Maybe, but ... 🤷

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: masonicon
Do people assume that those who practice Cannibalism(in any setting where superpowers are (proven to) exist) are confined to Superhumans, regardless of the moral spectrum(even the most immoral of ordinary mortals will never eat people)?

I'm just curious over people assuming totally normal human cannibals sharing the world with any superpowered beings never a thing, regardless of the morality

Well I give you points for coming up with an original thought. I can 100% guarantee this has never been a thought in anyone else’s head. Congratulations.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Didn't Marvel do this with Zombies?

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Proto88

I'm not (necessarily) talking about Zombies, I'm talking about completely ordinary human cannibals sharing the world with any superpowered beings

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'll be honest, I have no idea what the OP is on about.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   
'completely ordinary human cannibals ' aren't something I've had any experience with, nor any 'superpowered beings'. I'm wondering what your experiences have been?

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Maybe they would try to eat the metahumans, in effect giving powers or indigestion, and it would be like Albinism. Which is pretty close in spirit.
edit on 14-4-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

In other words. He’s asking in a world that has super heroes. Would cannibalism be limited to super heroes or would normal people also be capable of cannibalism.

The real question is why is this a question lol.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Maybe you mean cannabinol?
I dunno but it makes me hungry

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 10:25 PM
link   

So lets swap information so I can buy weed from you

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   

"totally normal human cannibals"

That's not a good sentence....there's no such thing as the above...

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chubadda

In other words. He’s asking in a world that has super heroes. Would cannibalism be limited to super heroes or would normal people also be capable of cannibalism.

this is what I exactly asked in this thread

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'd never eat a human unless they were vegetarians that eat only organic natural foods. No grain fed crap either. On top of that, I like eating only things that have hair, feathers, scales, or shells on them...not mangy humans. I am pretty sure I won't ever eat human meat unless someone tricks me into eating it. I would rather starve.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Why would super heroes be cannibals? I don't get it.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Why would super heroes be cannibals? I don't get it.

I'm not asking "why would superheroes be cannibals?" what I ask is: "why would cannibals in any world with superpowers are must be superhumans, regardless of the moral spectrum?"
edit on 15/4/2022 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/4/2022 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   

"why would cannibals in any world with superpowers are must be superhumans, regardless of the moral spectrum?"

Cannibals, in any world, would NOT have superpowers, because cannibalism causes a brain disease called KURU, regardless of "moral spectrum".

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

OK, now the semantics make sense but the posts logic still doesn't. Why do you have to be superhuman/hero to be a cannibal?
I know normal people have been cannibals, so there is the answer.
But why would super heroes need to be cannibals at all, and why can't both be....?
No please, nobody even try and explain. Not worth it.
🤪

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   

OK, now the semantics make sense but the posts logic still doesn't. Why do you have to be superhuman/hero to be a cannibal?
I know normal people have been cannibals, so there is the answer.
But why would super heroes need to be cannibals at all, and why can't both be....?
No please, nobody even try and explain. Not worth it.
🤪

the answers is: Superman Stays out of Gotham trope can easily make people pretends normal human cannibals sharing the world with any superpowered beings never a thing there

top topics

join