It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Loan Repayment Postponed Another 4 Months

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

democrats already have complete control now.

But they don't. The republicans filibuster stops them?

Or is this a thing that is filibuster proof?

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Forgiving student loans coming by sept 2022.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This has been a silent tax on the young..

Student loan interest is a way to tax the young.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Forgiving student loans coming by sept 2022.

Don't hold your breath. The big guys have a habbit of screwing over the little guys, and they are tremendously set up to do just that.

Modern slavery is self inflicted debt slavery.

Currently you have a situation where not only are people holding massive amounts of debt, but interest rates are going up.

What you may see, is a tiny amount of student loan debt get forgiven, so those in extreme situations or public servants, similar to what is already in place, just a little broader.

Listen, college education is great, but learning to be a responsible adult is arguably more important.

Carewemust, I thought you were less gulible than this.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LastFirst
This has been a silent tax on the young..

Student loan interest is a way to tax the young.

In this case, the interest has been on hold.

In this case, students could have invested the money that would have gone to make loan payments and collected interest or gains themselves.

It's also not a "silent tax" because the interest rate are in black and white and interest and taxes are two different things. People pay interest on the money they borrowed. Don't borrow money and you won't pay interest.

Some of you are about to be enrolled in the school of hard knocks.
edit on 16-4-2022 by IndieA because: added info

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

Waaaaa. Nobody forced them to take on that debt. Grow up.

I had an English Instructor when I went to college. He was getting his Master's Degree. Guess what subject? Romance Languages. Now how in the hell was he going to get a job with that degree?

Some of this is a scam with Liberal High School Guidance Counselors telling these kids that they will never amount to anything without a College Degree. Mine told me at graduation that it was a good thing I was going into the Navy, because I wasn't "college material" .

I ran into her a few months ago at my old High School's Job Fair. She asked if I was looking for a job? I told her no that I was interviewing people to hire. The look on her face when she found out what I do now was priceless.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join