It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 L.A. gangs have sent out crews to follow and rob city’s wealthiest, LAPD says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Don't think I ever posted in Breaking General News no need to say "MODS please move" as they are excellent MODS and perform MOD duties quickly and efficiently. and they did LOL

I love LA says Randy Newman but I wonder when the first celebrity gets pinched and /or gets into a situation., it's bound to happen. IF this is happening in Cali it will move elsewhere if it isn't there already.

17 L.A. gangs have sent out crews to follow and rob city’s wealthiest, LAPD says

Shots have been fired in 23 cases, and two victims have been killed, said Tippet, who also heads the LAPD’s Robbery-Homicide Division, which investigates high-profile crimes.

“In my 34 years on the job, I’ve never seen anything like this,” he said.

www.latimes.com...

More than a dozen Los Angeles gangs are targeting some of the city’s wealthiest residents in a new and aggressive manner, sending out crews in multiple cars to find, follow and rob people driving high-end vehicles or wearing expensive jewelry, according to police.

There were 165 such robberies in 2021 and 56 so far this year, he said, including several over the weekend.

The area with the most robberies during that time was the LAPD’s Hollywood Division, with 50, followed by 46 in the Wilshire Division and 40 in the Central Division, which includes downtown. The Pacific Division had 17, West L.A. 15, North Hollywood 14 and Topanga 11.

In many cases, they’re making off with designer handbags, diamond-studded watches, and other items worth tens of thousands of dollars — if not more — and then peddling them to black-market buyers who are willing to turn a blind eye to the underlying violence, police said.

In some cases, suspects have been arrested but then released from custody, according to police, only to commit additional robberies.

Those are among the conclusions of a Los Angeles Police Department task force convened at the end of last year to identify the cause of a sudden surge in “follow-home,” or “follow-off,” robberies, so-called because victims are robbed soon after leaving luxury boutiques and hotels, ritzy restaurants, trendy nightclubs and other locations where the gangs are scouting for targets.

edit on 13-4-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'm torn on this.

1: That's bad

2: ......[snip] edit:putting snip back IN. But no killing.

2: Will Paparazzi be going live soon following Hollywood celebrities?

edit on 13-4-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

17 gangs?
Did they post it in the monthly news letter or maybe linktin?

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

17 gangs?
Did they post it in the monthly news letter or maybe linktin?

The easy assumption is the police have caught or have solid intel enough subjects to ascertain these 17 gangs have had known members participate in these types of crimes.

or that's what happens in GTA San Andreas LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I’ve actually always wondered why these big celebrity and super rich types aren’t targeted a lot more than they are.

I mean, if any normal person made it public knowledge of how much millions they’re worth and it was reasonably easy to find out where they lived, worked and hang out... then surely there would be a very high chance of them being targeted for robbery or extortion.

But with these Hollywood celebrities, it just doesn’t seem to be that common, even though all that information is common knowledge.

It just seems odd, is all.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I have to wonder how many of these wealthy folks are the same ones that wanted police defunded, no bails, and have supported leftist DA's.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Honestly, what took them so long? Certainly makes more sense than killing each other over some scraps.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The Bling Ring (also known as Hollywood Hills Burglar Bunch, The Burglar Bunch, and the Hollywood Hills Burglars) were a group of convicted thieves consisting of seven teenagers and young adults based in and around Calabasas, California. They broke into the homes of several celebrities over a period believed to have been between October 2008 through August 2009. Their activities resulted in the theft of about $3 million in cash and belongings. Much of the stolen property belonged to Paris Hilton, whose house was broken into several times, though over fifty homes were reportedly targeted.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Better than them robbing poor folk like normal i guess.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWS1969

The Bling Ring (also known as Hollywood Hills Burglar Bunch, The Burglar Bunch, and the Hollywood Hills Burglars) were a group of convicted thieves consisting of seven teenagers and young adults based in and around Calabasas, California. They broke into the homes of several celebrities over a period believed to have been between October 2008 through August 2009. Their activities resulted in the theft of about $3 million in cash and belongings. Much of the stolen property belonged to Paris Hilton, whose house was broken into several times, though over fifty homes were reportedly targeted.

en.wikipedia.org...

Well yes of course but asked yourself this?

Which one is more dangerous and spontaneous, IIRC the Bling Ring was meticulous at first atleast in choosing their victims and relied on stealth.

That's got to be better than getting pistol-whipped...

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Now days most celebrities have personal bodyguards, and studios provide them with an entourage of guards for public appearances, filming, etc.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Import the third world, become the third world.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well, they should all get CCW's and start carrying.

Oh...

Is that not allowed in Cali?

But the gang members have guns?

And they don't have to sit in jail when they commit a crime.

And I suppose Cali politicians can't understand why this is happening, can they?

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It will only move to other Democrat areas that defund police.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I just hope the robbers are wearing masks. Because wearing masks makes everything better.

Oh, btw, gangs/crews, they're one and the same. Get ready for the new normal. And it has little to do with anything found through the lens of a microscope.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You know, if those gang members just said they were trans, they could get a nine hundred buck a month paycheck and wouldn't have to rob so many people.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Well, they should all get CCW's and start carrying.

Oh...

Is that not allowed in Cali?

But the gang members have guns?

And they don't have to sit in jail when they commit a crime.

And I suppose Cali politicians can't understand why this is happening, can they?

Hammer, meet nail.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Actually the California rich should have moved to Las Vegas and or Reno already and just fly or drive in to LA if and when needed. Think what they would save in income taxes.

new topics

top topics

join