It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macron warns of ‘escalation of rhetoric’ after Biden ‘genocide’ comment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Has the White House walked back Biden's comments yet?

Lets just get Kallama in there.

She can't do any worse.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Your also forgetting that when a country is officially declared to be doing a genocidal act there is recourse where many nations are FORCED to get involved. This is why no other President has even claimed another country performing genocide even if they were doing it.

It's very bad that he claimed Russian genocide. Has nothing to do with negotiations, but everything to do with escalation. As it means more countries will have no choice but to get involved; aka NATO.

It is in short a "call to action".

On a side note looks like everyone is turning into a genocidal manaic.
India threatens war or genocide

3 countries; early warning for genocide acts, yeman, Pakistan and india expected 22-23

Russia part of the genocide convention..

States' obligations under the Genocide Convention
Obligation not to commit genocide (Article I as interpreted by the ICJ)
Obligation to prevent genocide (Article I) which, according to the ICJ, has an extraterritorial scope;
Obligation to punish genocide (Article I);
Obligation to enact the necessary legislation to give effect to the provisions of the Convention (Article V);
Obligation to ensure that effective penalties are provided for persons found guilty of criminal conduct according to the Convention (Article V);
Obligation to try persons charged with genocide in a competent tribunal of the State in the territory of which the act was committed, or by an international penal tribunal with accepted jurisdiction (Article VI);
Obligation to grant extradition when genocide charges are involved, in accordance with laws and treaties in force (Article VII), particularly related to protection granted by international human rights law prohibiting refoulment where there is a real risk of flagrant human rights violations in the receiving State.

This is how they are going to take down Putin. Kinda wrong if you ask me, sure war crimes yes.. but genocide no.
edit on 13-4-2022 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackArrow

Since putin decided to invade, IMO, nato involvement is only a when, not if.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Has Israel said anything about Bidens claim of Genocide? I'd be interested to hear what they how to say about all this. and also, what is Israels stance on Russia and Ukraine? What's Israel's stance of Azov and the other Nationalist?

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yep at least 3 countries will be performing a REAL genocide soon. It isn't Russia..

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
The G word is one rarely used by polticians.

The problem it may cause in this case is that when the time comes for peace talks,the USA may find themselves left out of them,as Putin could well decide he won't speak to anyone who called him genocidal.

As the USA are the biggest western power,being left out of the peace talks may put Russia in a stronger position to demand more from Ukraine,without the pesky Americans pressuring them.

So Bidens use of the word genocide may be counter productive.

yep hen did bill use it for Rwanda?

after it was over?

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Didn't Biden also say Putin should be removed from office? To me that sounds far worse than a genocide comment.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Tastaufen

Yeah, Biden is screwing up left and right. A true leader should not show such obvious hatred, for his people and for the world.

But try and find a resolution.. for a problem HE created. There is a difference between being firm and a bully. You can't control other countries without a dictatorship.

*IF* I was in Bidens shoes, I would demand a meeting between Putin and Zelenski. A peace agreement until end of the meeting.

Give them both some boxing gloves, and have them hit the ring and fight out their issues. The rule is anything said in the ring stays in the ring.

Then I would have both Zelenski and Putin take a win. Zelenski would get his country back, and Russias sanctions would be removed. If nether agreed, well that wouldn't be smart now would it.

Zelenski should be forced to remain neutral and demilitarized due to crimes of the past which can and will occur again given the chance. Ukraine should be forced to remend and resign the genocide convention with full investigation on Putin's claims if he can provide proof then a trial should be done, and all parties must honor the minsk agreement. All points should be redone over, and things need to be discussed.

Putin believes we and Ukraine broke the agreement. Until that is addressed war won't stop. There is no reason for him to listen to such a corrupt leader like Biden.

Because there is one thing about Russia and Putin most people don't get. They are a PROUD people, shaming will get you no where. But recognition will get you everything. This was why Trump had zero issues, because he understood the ego of great nations and showed respect to it.. There is a difference between being a puppet and playing the role.

My end point is we can't have all these rules and regulations if we don't honor it. That is the sole reason for this attack on Ukraine, he called a genocide acts several times over the years(and based on the genocide convention should of led to a trial, but corruption gave a pass) from Ukraine when Obama was in office. Yet nothing was done and it was repeated. Fears of more genocide and no recognition is what led to these wars.

People think just because zelenski is a Jew he won't commit genocide on people. Quite the opposite, especially if you have a people that participated under your command.
edit on 14-4-2022 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
here is Zelenskyy's response

www.leparisien.fr... K2JH2RAABFQLYKXCGVODEE.php

Paris' refusal to denounce "genocide" in Ukraine is "very hurtful", judge Zelensky

Is it just me or wouldn't you think the leader of free Ukraine would have better and more important things to do than get involved in diplomatic banter?

He can say whatever he likes from the safety of his 5-star safehouse in Poland.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Rwanda was a real genocide, with almost a million people killed in less than a few months.

What's going in Ukraine is terrible but it is not genocide. Using that rhetoric is just irresponsible but I really don't expect much better from Biden. I have a feeling he is actually itching for a fight with Russia and the more he uses these terms, the more likely,in his mind, the American people will jump on board the war wagon. Just my opinion of course.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Biden may have been undiplomatic, but he's running towards accuracy when talking about Russia's actions in Ukraine. Genocide is a word weighted with history. I would use ethnic cleansing, as that is already evidenced.

The French are in bed with Russia and Germany is still pushing close to a billion dollars a day into Russia, so perversely funding Russia's war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join