It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macron warns of ‘escalation of rhetoric’ after Biden ‘genocide’ comment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thoughts ATS? If the goal to get a ceasefire and withdrawal of Russia quickly, is Biden helping or hurting. I can see it potentially either one

Macron warns of ‘escalation of rhetoric’ after Biden's genocide’ comment

thehill.com...

French President Emmanuel Macron on Wednesday declined to characterize the Russian military’s actions in Ukraine as genocide, saying that “an escalation of rhetoric” is harmful.

Macron said Wednesday that his goal is to “stop this war and rebuild peace” and not use rhetoric like “genocide” to escalate tensions with Russia. However, he called the Kremlin’s actions “war crimes,” following the trend of Western allies.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has used the term genocide before and praised President Biden as “a true world leader” for saying the same earlier this week.

“Calling things by their name is essential to stand up to evil,” Zelensky tweeted Tuesday.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

He isn't wrong...it was bad diplomacy.

But Im not thinking diplomacy is going to resolve this at any level. Rhetoric won't ratchet up much short of nuke rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   

He’s not helping, he’s throwing fuel on the fire 🔥

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is actually a surprise that Macron didn't follow his globalist brethren in lockstep. It makes me feel like senile Biden went off script with that comment. He freestyled, in other words.

Friendly reminder though that any politician who escalates war talk with the very real threat of nuclear retaliation is an immediate danger to every U.S. citizen and assassination of said politicians is 100% within reason for preserving a nation's population.

***disclaimer*** I am not advocating for murder in any form.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You know it's bad when even Macron is annoyed by our president.

This is a very embarssing time for Americans.

Also, easy for us to say things, in reality when tshtf Europe will most likely feel it first.

edit on 13-4-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
A) Macron is trying to get reelected on April 24th. Marine Le Pen is very close in polls. Everything he does and says needs to be parsed with that in mind.

B) He is right - calling this a genocide is pure propaganda or dementia.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The G word is one rarely used by polticians.

The problem it may cause in this case is that when the time comes for peace talks,the USA may find themselves left out of them,as Putin could well decide he won't speak to anyone who called him genocidal.

As the USA are the biggest western power,being left out of the peace talks may put Russia in a stronger position to demand more from Ukraine,without the pesky Americans pressuring them.

So Bidens use of the word genocide may be counter productive.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

in reality when tshtf Europe will most likely feel it first

Indeed. There is a very apt meme describing the situation. I won't post it as it is somewhat crude. Two dogs are fighting over something. Someone added flags to the pic. One dog: Russia, other dog: Europe, between them Ukraine. A third dog mounts "Europe". Third dog: USA.
edit on 13-4-2022 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

He’s not helping, he’s throwing fuel on the fire 🔥

Biden really wants to use the nuclear fuel to throw on the fire it seems. He is infatuated with the button on his desk even though they changed the button to call for room service for him. Also that red phone in his office was changed to call a coffee shop to order when he took over.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I think Macron and Biden are playing "Good Cop, Bad Cop".

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

I would hope NATO is more sophisticated than a scenario used often on Law and Order. An intelligence veteran like Putin is liable to pick up on that immediately
edit on 13-4-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
The G word is one rarely used by polticians.

The problem it may cause in this case is that when the time comes for peace talks,the USA may find themselves left out of them,as Putin could well decide he won't speak to anyone who called him genocidal.

As the USA are the biggest western power,being left out of the peace talks may put Russia in a stronger position to demand more from Ukraine,without the pesky Americans pressuring them.

So Bidens use of the word genocide may be counter productive.

Ummm...Foreign Minister Lavrov and President Putin have already made clear that western nations and especially the US will not be party to any peace negotiations as per Ukraine...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

More like Good Cop and Corky from 'Life Goes On'.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Incorrect information leads to real world impacts, such as teachers being fired for not being willing to indoctrinate students with fad theories on biology. The further result are school systems brimming with teachers who present falsehoods without any opposition. An entire generation of kids grows up believing untruth to be truth.

So the words we use matters.

It is now popular to accuse Putin and Russia of carrying out genocide in Ukraine. Putin is not trying to wipe out the Ukrainian people.

Arguments can be made as to whether or not Russian forces are guilty of indiscriminately killing too many civilians in the process of fighting the Ukrainian military.

But the word GENOCIDE has a specific meaning. The evidence does not support the propaganda that there is an effort to target civilians en masse because of their ethnicity.

On the other hand we can see many videos that suggests that Ukrainian forces and civilian nationalists are targeting and killing people based on their Russian ethnicity.

There is no evidence of Russians expressing widespread desire to kill people people because they are Ukrainian. There is ample evidence of Ukrainians expressing widespread desire to kill people because they are Russian.

They are also also tens of thousands of examples in social media of pro Ukrainians expressing that Russians should be killed wherever they are found.

The consequence of falsely claiming that Russia is guilty of genocide include increasing polarization and hatred of the Russian people.

Also, the loss of perspective on the security reasons behind the Russian invasion is significant.

Claiming genocide dehumanizes and demonizes Russia. While war is sometimes justified depending on the circumstances, genocide is never justified under any circumstance. And that of course is the reason that the West is now accusing Russia of genocide.

Claiming genocide also absolves Ukraine of the responsibility of engaging in good faith negotiations to bring about an end of the war. There can be no negotiation with a party that is simply determined to wipe all of your people out of existence.

So the use of the phrase genocide by the West is intended to prevent any progress toward peace to be made through negotiations.

We should push back against the use of the word genocide in social media so that we can reduce the power of that propaganda that is intended to prolong and even expand the conflict.

Our goal should be to advocate for an end to the war as quickly as possible... before these maniacs drag the entire world into a nuclear holocaust.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
here is Zelenskyy's response

www.leparisien.fr... K2JH2RAABFQLYKXCGVODEE.php

Paris' refusal to denounce "genocide" in Ukraine is "very hurtful", judge Zelensky

Is it just me or wouldn't you think the leader of free Ukraine would have better and more important things to do than get involved in diplomatic banter?

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What is going on in the Ukraine is not genocide in any way.

I hate it when people start using extreme inaccurate terms.

We've seem real genocides and they have been truly savage parts of human history.

It's stupid ignorant behaviour to try to sensationalise an already bad situation.

Whichever side you are on your people are dying. But for a war the casualties are relatively low and the damage to infrastructure is actually quite low. Its certainly nothing like as bad as Iraq and Afghanistan.

I digress, it isn't genocide.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: donteventrip

All to true..which reminds me

Trudeau chimes in

Trudeau in turn evokes a "genocide" in Ukraine
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau spoke of a "genocide" in Ukraine for the first time, following in the footsteps of US President Joe Biden, who used the same term the day before.

"We can talk more and more about genocide," he said Wednesday in front of journalists who questioned him about the words of the American president, in Quebec. Until now, Mr. Trudeau had refused to use this word.

www.leparisien.fr... K2JH2RAABFQLYKXCGVODEE.php

It's obvious the US, UK, and Canada have a different spin and are more vigorous than some other member nations. Almost makes you wonder why?

edit on 13-4-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I would say there is a divide building in France thus there is a divide building in NATO. I didn't think it is obvious that it is a hotly based election topic in France

Marine Le Pen to withdraw France from NATO’s unified military command if she wins

tdpelmedia.com...

“I want France to leave NATO’s unified military command. I will never agree that our troops are subordinate to the NATO command or the European command. France should return to the status in the alliance that it had from 1966 to 2009,” the French presidential candidate said.

National Rally candidate Marine Le Pen has said that if she wins the presidential election, she will withdraw France from NATO’s unified military command.

Le Pen said that if she is elected, she intends to offer NATO a strategic rapprochement with Russia after the end of the conflict in Ukraine.

“When hostilities are over, I will propose a strategic rapprochement between NATO and Russia,” Le Pen said.

She added that the key principles of her foreign policy will be “independence, equidistance and constancy.”

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Or perhaps Macron is trying to sway as many undecided moderates as he possibly could to vote for him.

I don't think the french worm/former Rothschild banker/nwo stooge realize that the French people still remember how he treated them these last couple of years.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

🎵Happy as a pervert at the swimming pool, Corn Pop is the leader of the gang

Junior took some bribes and methed up his face and now Putin wants to end it with a bang🎶

top topics

<<   2 >>

join