It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Better Keep their Hands off of our Fireworks!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

Roman candles were fun weapons too. Whipping them past your opponents head.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Lol, guess I'm not alone in the Dumbasses club.

Not that my best friend and I ever did a mock sword fight or anything with lit fireworks. Or actually aimed but just a hair off-target, naw, we never pushed our luck like that in Florida, nawww.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
a reply to: sarahvital

Roman candles were fun weapons too. Whipping them past your opponents head.

see that is what i am talking about..
if you (and alot other due to young ignorance) choose to do that and the only people you hurt is each other.. thats on you

if you say burn down your neighbors house because you were too close.. well then you get punished.

but not make it illegal for all who most people dont do stupid things

btw i am not innocent of doing something stupid..

i used to light black cats in my hand and wait a second to throw them so they go "bang" in mid air
i had one with a REALLY LONG fuse but dumb ass me lit it sideways.. it ran along the fuse not the tip and in the second i turned my hand upright to throw (and close to my head) it went off.

singed my hand, could hear ringing in my ear for a while (when i could hear) and my parents just checked me out to see if i needed to go to the hospital
then gave me "your a dumb @ss" look, watched to make sure i didnt do it again and that was that.

i learned my lesson and glad i did that before i did anything worse.. but to be fair my father DID teach me the safe way to do it.. i just had a "brain left my body for lunch" moment

thus why DONT LET KIDS play with fireworks unsupervised..
i did know if i tried "roman candle battles" getting burned would be better than my dad catching me.

scrounger

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Same as when there's a rave at the gravel pit here. It happens about every five years, lasts two days, and yet you'd think we were being invaded by another country by the pissing and moaning and begging for laws on social media. I love hearing it, love the music but also it's a freedom we can so easily lose to some petty complaints or agenda.

Your freedom isn't unlimited.

Your right/freedom to do certain things is subject to limitations based on how it impacts those around you.

Loud parties in the middle of the night in or near enough to neighborhoods to impact your neighbors freedom to enjoy their privacy unencumbered by loud noises when they are trying to sleep are absolutely and rightly subject to local nuisance ordinances.

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: igloo
Same as when there's a rave at the gravel pit here. It happens about every five years, lasts two days, and yet you'd think we were being invaded by another country by the pissing and moaning and begging for laws on social media. I love hearing it, love the music but also it's a freedom we can so easily lose to some petty complaints or agenda.

Your freedom isn't unlimited.

Your right/freedom to do certain things is subject to limitations based on how it impacts those around you.

Loud parties in the middle of the night in or near enough to neighborhoods to impact your neighbors freedom to enjoy their privacy unencumbered by loud noises when they are trying to sleep are absolutely and rightly subject to local nuisance ordinances.

I would also add your "right/freedom come with some PERSONAL RESPONCIBILTY.

your expected to honor OTHERS FREEDOMS no matter how "offended, you personally feel threatened (physical and direct verbal threats are different), identify as, whatever".

along with if you ABUSE your freedom or use it FOR ILLEGAL things, you get punished.
just because you have a "freedom" doesnt mean you can use it in some situations.

NOT EVERYTHING IS A RIGHT/FREEDOM no matter what you think.

lastly

just because YOU THINK you have the right/freedom DOESNT MAKE IT SO..

scrounger

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Fourth of July................Man oh' Mighty. There is absolutely no reason to go to a fireworks show. You just get a chair and look out your door 360 degrees. You will have the best show of your life.......for HOURS.

Try Hawaii on New Year's. Never seen anything like it. Closest thing to being in a firefight you can imagine.

been there firecracker bricks being thrown off hotels and even watched a cop car blow up from all the confiscated fireworks in it.

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I grew up in Idaho and moved with my family to Utah. In both states, Wyoming was the promised land for fireworks. The county did a biannual fireworks display. Fireworks were part of the variegated coin of the realm where I grew up. You could trade firecrackers for many things. For actual real eyeburning, death-defying flaming balls of joy, you could name your price. I only had one real, genuine rocket in my possession. I wouldn't trade it. It was mine.

So, every few months there was a sojourn to the mythical land of explosives and Mickey's Big Mouth beer, and a big truck came back with explosives for everyone!

Your state is one of those old school places. You will not be long without fireworks, however you must remain vigilant to the overture where the offer is made.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join