It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurance fraud in Florida

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

You know it is an ethics problem on many fronts...for example:

When we were looking to have our roof replaced (it was nearing 20 yrs. old), we scheduled 3 companies to give bids -
- one of them came right out and said that he would write out the bid to say that the roof had storm damage, so we could get the insurance to pay!!

I told my husband, 'we're definitely not using that guy, he's one of the reasons everybody's insurance rates keep going up every year!'
And this was a good sized roofing company!

So, I do understand why you're so frustrated..

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The first time I went into my attic of my local authority home I noticed straight away something was not right and got a joiner/ carpenter friend and got him to look ,his words were WTF .

Early 60 built and thrown up and between the roof joists they laid these thin cardboard sheets called seelutex? Then run roofing felt you have on garden sheds then laid roofing tiles that are made from concrete and have a life of 50 years,over the years the sellutex has absorbed water and bowed and fallen down .

I pointed this out lately to the housing manager and added that I could take a block of houses out in minutes with a few well placed petrol/gas soaked rags in the guttering ,you can push the tiles up from the inside which in the cold Scottish climate is a no no , I could gain entry to a house in minutes through the roof just by removing a few tiles .

I also pointed out that the tiles were at the end of their lifespan to the housing manager and told him to add a 0 or to to his budget .

They are coming to see me soon ,I am hoping for a nice packed envelope to keep my gob shut
. I did offer them a demonstration of what I was pointing out

edit on 14/4/2022 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I was in the field once..

And corp training pushed up selling coverage limits because of the unfair lawsuits.

Full coverage can be construed by coy policy holders to claim they don't understand and never did the contract.

To them, full coverage meant millions paid out even though limits were much lower.

Vanguard group stated they can't win these usually.

Contractual law is tricky, and relies on an honor system..and people ignorant as to what to CLAIM in words..

Combine LICENSING for agents... Proof right there that a customer is unsuspecting, untrained in insurance, and therefore isn't liable to understand it.

Ignorance of a law... ONLY is airtight if there is NOT a license involved.

If people knew the law like lawyers,... Wow.. the ELITES would be screwed...

On the OTHER HAND... I have signed Nda's to not discuss underwriting procedures and parameters used to calculate risk..

They actually use things that are admittedly illegal.. specific things stated by the states as things you can't ask, use, or calculate from.

Both sides dirty!!

edit on 15 4 2022 by LastFirst because: Spells

new topics

<< 1   >>

join