It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurance fraud in Florida

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I work in insurance in Florida and if you live here and own a home then you are well aware of the insurance rate increases, carrier closures, non-renewals and STRICT new roofing guidelines...

WELL I have been in insurance since 2017. I like it but I do NOT like the way NOBODY follows the rules and everyone thinks they are owed something because they pay insurance. That is NOT how it works! This mentality is EXACTLY why the rates are high and things are the way they are now, TOO much fraud and entitlement attitudes. Insurance is not there to maintain YOUR home. It is there incase something happens that isn't of your control. It is not to replace your old roof with missing shingles and leaks. It is NOT to replace your floor and bathroom when your old galvanized pipes leak finally! That is YOUR job to maintain the home to current standards not insurance BUT people have the attitude they are OWED these things so they go and get sleazy lawyers then SUE the insurance companies for far more than what their original claim was for. I have had these lawyers tell us how this works and how easy it is for them to make money! THIS IS what happened in 2017, there were more claims in this year than ever before and there was also tons of FRAUD! I mean RAMPANT! It was clients, agents, contractors, EVERYONE! I saw so much and still do working in this industry, I even tried to turn IN a place I worked at for fraud and I had DOCUMENTED PROOF for a year! They didn't care! I am so ANGRY because that kind of crap is WHY this whole industry here is crashing. I could go on and make so many threads on it but my point of this rant is ONE PERSON!

I had a client who got a renewal and it was $5000 vs the previous like $1200. So I shopped him with Citizens which is the state insurance carrier and they are VERY strict on their requirements. WELL this guys roof was 2010 and marked UNSATISFACTORY by a licensed inspector! It was marked as having severe granule loss and water damage WITH pictures!! So I was unable to place him with Citizens as anything marked unsatisfactory isn't allowed with them. They suggested a FULL replacement. So I told the client and told him his options which were: Get a new roof, take the renewal he was offered and get a new roof OR take the renewal and exclude wind coverage and GET A NEW ROOF! So basically he needed a new roof because I guarantee next year the carrier he has now will not even be in business or they would have non-renewed him due to claims and other issues. SO what does this JERK go and do?! He gets a roofer to tell him he has storm damage from last year so this JERK files TWO CLAIMS! One for lightning which was denied and another for wind and he was PAID over $15k and I AM LIVID! I am calling the carrier today to tell them about his roof and I will send them his 4 point. He LITERALLY committed fraud to get what he was told he needed paid for by the carrier because some roofer told him he could! I am so sick of this! THIS IS EXACTLY WHY RATES ARE HIGH! PEOPLE LIKE THIS GUY! HE knowingly made a claim when he KNEW DAMN WELL his roof was bad and had nothing to with any storms, it was the AGE and lack of proper maintenance!

I have two others that did similar and one went and got a lawyer and is now SUING to try and get a pay out on his 20 year old shingle roof! He is also being cancelled and now is INELIGIBILE with every carrier because he is suing! So he will get VERY expensive force placed insurance from his mortgage which he DESERVES! I can't even anymore in this industry. The rates and requirements are so high and ridiculous now and I SEE WHY yet nobody does a thing about it!

Did you know that when you file a claim and they pay you for a roof or anything 90% of carriers do NOT ask for proof you actually fixed what you were paid out to fix nor do they update your roof age if you get a new roof. I had a lady get paid over $20k for a water claim to do her bathroom in 2017 and she NEVER did it! She pocketed it then when the carrier actually wanted proof of her repairs two years later, this is ONE carrier that asks for proof. They all SHOULD! She literally tried to blame covid when was asked to provide proof of her repairs. I told her her claim and payout was LONG before covid and that unless she shows proof of repairs she will have a claim with damages that are not repaired and NOBODY will take her either but force placed. She pocketed over $20k!!! I could have done my house with that much money! SO check your POLICY ALWAYS to make sure everything is up to date. My biggest pet peeve at the places I have worked is that NOBODY wanted to follow up on claims to make sure things were done esp the roof which affects your rate and everything, it was a burden and they gave excuses as to why but NOT ME! I helped one guy get his claim REOPENED and did so on the train to Paris! I will never forget it because NOBODY listened to that guy but me and I did not trust my co-workers to handle it while I was gone so I did! I have diagnosed OCD and ADHD but in my type of work they benefit me because of my attention to detail which is LOST on so many nowadays, nobody seems to even notice them anymore.

I am so FURIOUS at this client. If he calls I will tell him where to stick it and my boss won't bat an eye as he can't stand him either. He had SUCH an entitled attitude when all I did was try to help him and explain to him how his policy works but he is one of those who feels he is owed something so he filed a claim KNOWING he had a bad roof! I hope he is BLACK LISTED when I am done with him. This is NOT OK!

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I will NEVER feel sorry for an insurance company.

The Covid lady is 100% in the right.
Let me tell you. I’ve had all kinds of work done on my house. I had the absolute smallest of smallest thing done and that took over 6 months during Covid and it was just because I had connections. I don’t know about Florida but finding anyone to do any work was almost impossible.

I needed some manual yard labor, I couldn’t get anyone out here for $50 an HOUR.

Back to insurance. These people aren’t expecting something for nothing, they are expecting their insurance to cover what insurance is supposed to cover.
I used to live in Florida so I know all about Florida insurance. I also know how many people got absolutely SCREWED during hurricane season. Imagine paying 5K a year on insurance and not having anything covered. In addition to insurance you also need FEMA insurance. In addition to that you had to be very careful how you worded things if you had a claim.
I never went through anything but knew people that did and many had to sue.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I live in Florida. I have had 3 policies last year over this roof BS. Insurance companies in Florida are ripping people off left and right. We have 2 houses on our property. Both roofs were replaced, one in 2005 and one in 2017. Both have 30-year architectural shingles. The 2005 roof they said has to be replaced because it is over 12 years of age. That is BS. It has 30-year shingles on it and there is no damage. They sent inspectors through the county marking roofs as unsatisfactory. It is simply a way to get out of their liability so they can leave the state or gouge people for money. The insurance commissioner is sleeping at the wheel. The last two years with covid leaves many unable to come up with $8-10k to put a new roof on that still has 15 years left on its life span.

You may see things from one side but are obviously blind to the other fact. Insurance companies are ripping people off, gouging them because they are forcing roofs over 12 years to be replaced. That should be illegal unless they can show damage. I had 2 roofing contractors write up inspection reports and the insurance co backed off. So, why is the insurance COMPANY paid Inspector writing off all these roofs that obviously are fine. Because the insurance companies are paying them for exactly that. It is one thing to have an actual problem. It is quite another for insurance companies to create the problems and set 12 year limits when there are 20 and 30 year roof lifespans.

I hope everyone gets attorneys and sues their collective asses off. I will this summer when I go through it again the 4th time in a year and a half.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I will NEVER feel sorry for an insurance company.

The Covid lady is 100% in the right.
Let me tell you. I’ve had all kinds of work done on my house. I had the absolute smallest of smallest thing done and that took over 6 months during Covid and it was just because I had connections. I don’t know about Florida but finding anyone to do any work was almost impossible.

Why am I NOT surprised you chimed in first.

You don't know JACK about insurance and I am sure the carriers don't feel sorry for you either.

Her blaming covid was an EXCUSE for a payout in 2017!! Did you not READ what I typed in perfect English? She had almost THREE YEARS to fix her TINY bathroom with $27,000!!!!!!! She like MANY others use their pay out on things OTHER than what their claim was for! That is FRAUD!

I dont' feel sorry for people like you either. You are one of those that probably thinks you are entitled and have no idea how it even works. Oh yea your comment SCREAMS you know NOTHING about how insurance works ESP in Florida.

I needed some manual yard labor, I couldn’t get anyone out here for $50 an HOUR.

That has ZERO to do with insurance and that is not unusual! IF you don't want to pay the rates people charge do it yourself! That is not bad for manual yard labor!

Back to insurance. These people aren’t expecting something for nothing, they are expecting their insurance to cover what insurance is supposed to cover.

YES THEY DAMN WELL ARE and YOUR IGNORANCE is showing in an industry YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT! I hear these EXACT words from ENTITLED people HENCE MY RANT POST!

Insurance will cover what it is SUPPPOSED TO or again did you not read my post. It will cover your roof if it is damaged in a storm NOT if it is 20 years old then damaged in a storm. It should have been replaced BEFORE 20 years! Probably at 15! Most people do not know how insurance works, they think it just pays for things when they break, that is NOT how it works! Insurance will cover what it should but the PROBLEM IS entitled people who think they are OWED more than they are given or should get so they then go get a lawyer and SUE. It is called ENTITLEMENT! It is a thing. Those bad ones have ruined it for everyone else.

I used to live in Florida so I know all about Florida insurance. I also know how many people got absolutely SCREWED during hurricane season. Imagine paying 5K a year on insurance and not having anything covered. In addition to insurance you also need FEMA insurance. In addition to that you had to be very careful how you worded things if you had a claim.
I never went through anything but knew people that did and many had to sue.

Living in Florida and having a policy does NOT mean you know about insurance. Give me a freaking break. Were you a licensed agent? Did you WORK in the industry? If not I guarantee you know nothing of insurance. MOST people have no clue how it works and make a lot of assumptions!

If you are paying $5k a year you are paying TOO much!! That is rare for a home to cost that much and if it does it is usually high value or on the water or highly rated area. IF YOU CAN"T AFFORD YOUR INSURANCE YOU CAN"T AFFORD YOUR HOME! That is a fact I see daily when these mortgage deals are done! So again, you don't know jack about Florida insurance. It is a domino effect that you can't possibly understand just having a policy and a few people's stories. I do this EVERY DAY of my life and I make it a point to know how the industry works as a whole because it helps ME help my clients.

I guarantee your friends didn't know how their policy works and that is why they sued. So yea again you know nothing of insurance and FEMA has zero to do with my industry, they are completely separate and we do not work with them.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Her blaming covid was an EXCUSE for a payout in 2017!! Did you not READ what I typed in perfect English? She had almost THREE YEARS to fix her TINY bathroom with $27,000!!!!!!! She like MANY others use their pay out on things OTHER than what their claim was for! That is FRAUD!

Did you not read what I wrote, I had a tiny tiny about of work, much smaller than a bathroom, it took 6 months because I knew someone. If I didn't it would have taken MUCH longer. A major remodel, like a bathroom involves several trades, a plumber, an electrican, sometimes carpenter, a tile person etc. I could easily see that taking 2 or more years now, especially if someone doesn't know people or has to work around their work schedule.

I dont' feel sorry for people like you either. You are one of those that probably thinks you are entitled and have no idea how it even works. Oh yea your comment SCREAMS you know NOTHING about how insurance works ESP in Florida.

I am not entitled, PERIOD. I had INSURANCE in Florida so yes I do know about insurance in Florida and what I said was 100% true. Here ya go:

floridafloodinsurance.org...

I have a homeowner insurance policy so I'm
covered in the event of a flood. Is that correct?
The vast majority of homeowners’ insurance policies only
cover damage caused by threats such as fire,
lightning,windstorms, hail, and theft/vandalism.
There are other some policies that can cover additional threats, floods and earthquakes are typically not covered even on such policies.
Therefore, a separate flood insurance policy is necessary to cover
any damage to your home or business caused by flooding.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: KorosStrohna

I hope everyone gets attorneys and sues their collective asses off. I will this summer when I go through it again the 4th time in a year and a half.

Good luck I hope you win!

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That has ZERO to do with insurance and that is not unusual! IF you don't want to pay the rates people charge do it yourself! That is not bad for manual yard labor!

What do you mean that doesn't have anything to do with it. Getting any labor, even the most manual labor which I clearly wrote about is almost impossible. Pre Covid labor was a little over $10 hour, I was showing with my example that it is now 5x if not more if you can even get anyone.

This is seen in all labor industries, roofing, carpentry, etc. I had carpet put in, they literally housed installers from a different state!! Anyone having any construction work done knows this. Anyone having any insurance repairs knows this is not a normal time.
www.bizjournals.com...

For the past decade, the construction industry’s hottest topic has continued to be the shrinking pool of qualified, skilled workers to hire for job sites. The addition of the pandemic to the mix has only increased the pressure on an already understaffed, yet highly in-demand industry. This demand is especially visible in Florida, where a value of more than $37 billion in building permits were approved in the state in 2020.

According to Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), 89 percent of construction firms are struggling to fill hourly craft positions, 86 percent can’t fill skilled salaried positions, and about 72 percent of firms anticipate these shortages to be one of their biggest challenges this year.

edit on 13-4-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: KorosStrohna
I live in Florida. I have had 3 policies last year over this roof BS. Insurance companies in Florida are ripping people off left and right. We have 2 houses on our property. Both roofs were replaced, one in 2005 and one in 2017. Both have 30-year architectural shingles. The 2005 roof they said has to be replaced because it is over 12 years of age. That is BS. It has 30-year shingles on it and there is no damage. They sent inspectors through the county marking roofs as unsatisfactory. It is simply a way to get out of their liability so they can leave the state or gouge people for money. The insurance commissioner is sleeping at the wheel. The last two years with covid leaves many unable to come up with $8-10k to put a new roof on that still has 15 years left on its life span.

There is NO such thing as 30 year arch shingle and THAT is the problem! If your roofer guaranteed your roof to last that long then you SUE THE ROOFING company NOT the insurance company for not paying out! THIS is another issue that is also being addressed, roofers and their claims of 30 year roofs or life time warranties. That is NOT a thing, it is a SALES GIMMICK! So are solar panels! Another thing people get without checking their insurance requirement's and then get mad when they are dropped or charged more because SOME solar panel salesperson told them they would save money yet they didn't check to see if their insurance had restrictions and MOST DO!

A 2005 roof nowadays in my experience with seeing 4 points daily they are deemed unsatisfactory for many reasons, excessive granule loss, missing shingle and water damage from leaks. Please tell me how a roof from 2005 that is supposed to last 30 years is already done for at 17? I see this daily. It is very frustrating.

Carriers have given MANY people extensions due to Covid. They didn't even DO inspections for over a year and allowed MANY things because of Covid but again people feel entitled and want to place blame on everyone else. How about talking to your agent and having them explain your policy? Ask questions! It is YOUR job to understand how things work and ask questions. You take the word of a roofer who only wants YOUR MONEY that your roof will last 30 years? NO roof lasts that long unless it is metal.

You may see things from one side but are obviously blind to the other fact. Insurance companies are ripping people off, gouging them because they are forcing roofs over 12 years to be replaced. That should be illegal unless they can show damage. I had 2 roofing contractors write up inspection reports and the insurance co backed off. So, why is the insurance COMPANY paid Inspector writing off all these roofs that obviously are fine. Because the insurance companies are paying them for exactly that. It is one thing to have an actual problem. It is quite another for insurance companies to create the problems and set 12 year limits when there are 20 and 30 year roof lifespans.

There is no such thing as 20-30 or 40 year shingle roofs. YOU HAVE BEEN DUPED like everyone else and that is my point! You blame the insurance company yet they DIDNT guarantee your roof to last that long the ROOFER who DID it did so SUE THEM not the insurance. If carriers took everyone's claims on 15yr+ roofs they would ALL go out of business! We have more storms now that are stronger and if you roof has been through 2004 and 2016 and 2017 you should NEVER be paid out for a wind claim because you should have replaced your leaky shingle missing roof years prior and you would not have had a claim! This is my point again. I sympathize with people and this roof issue. I couldn't afford a new roof if I owned a home but I also know that when I DO own a home I won't F* around when it comes to insurance or the 4 main points of my home and i would NEVER expect someone else to pay for my home maintenance and that includes the roof. People dont' check their roofs until it's too late or some door knocker roofer tells them they can get them a new roof. I see ALL sides of it! Again it is MY JOB! Your home should be something you maintain on a constant basis but most people do not and then blame everyone else when something happens.

And I hope you are priced right out of homeownership with that mentality because you won't be able to afford the insurance. How about taking some personal responsibility and learning how your policy works and what it covers instead of listening to a sleazy roofer that made a guarantee their mouth couldn't keep.

Is your home coastal?
Is it a home owners policy or dwelling fire?
Is it a short term rental?
Is your home frame or masonry?
Is it on a lot of land?
Is your home over 30 years old?
Your roof is 12 years? Unfortunately in today's market it is considered old. I have 3 carriers I can put a 12 year old roof with but most are closed for new business in many parts of the state which is another issue and why we write a lot of Citizens policies now.

ALL of these and many more are factors in rates but roof age does count big time and it is the first thing I ask when doing a quote. I have to know roof age so we know who to quote with. We have had people with brand new roofs have to go to Citizens because all the carriers we write for are closed for new business.

As for roof requirements. I do not see them changing anytime soon. We hope they do as we do feel for people but this has been a long time coming, like I said it's a domino effect that has gone on for years and the storms of 2016/2017 were the final straw so to speak because everything came out after that. There was so much FRAUD in claims. SO MUCH!

So if you want to be mad at someone be mad at everyone who has committed fraud and expected something for free.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You say this:

Your roof is 12 years? Unfortunately in today's market it is considered old.

The 2005 roof they said has to be replaced because it is over 12 years of age. That is BS. It has 30-year shingles on it and there is no damage.

So..........which is it, is a 12 year old roof old or not.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It is 12 years old. And it has 30-year architectural shingles on it with a 130mph rating. Someone is delusional if they think there aren't 30-year shingles. Not only that but today's market? Yea, because insurance companies deemed it. Inspectors showed it is a lie and they backed off.

They even make 50-yr shingles. Just because upset annie doesn't think so does not make it so.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yeah, you don't know what you are talking about and sound emotionally invested.
You couldn't be more wrong aboit shingle life.
Florida insurance companies are complete pos.

Did you gloss over the flood insurance re-mapping scam for a reason?
We should get into that bs.

3rd..what kind of retard puts shingles on a house in Florida?

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I can understand your frustration, mainly because I'm on many RV Facebook groups and I've been floored over the last 2-3 years or so by people's actions. These things are far from maintenance free. You should be checking and doing necessary resealing your roof one or twice a year. Someone will buy a new rv and let it sit under a tree for 2-3 years and never service the roof. Then, because they were lazy and didn't care for it....it leaks. And they turn it in on their insurance and of course even a small leak can total one of these. But worse, you will see idiots who have went out and bought one that's already been leaking and then when people tell them that it needs major repairs to be safe (think mold in the walls) there will be 8-10 people tell them to turn it in as an insurance claim so they can get their money back! And it obviously works considering the amount of people saying "that's what I did"! So, because you bought something as is and you didn't do your due diligence, and regret your purchase, everyone else's rates get raised. I'm not a fan of insurance companies, but consumers aren't always innocent either.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Fraud you say?

Hmm you think. Look at all the billboards and commercials about being "injured" in a car accident. Florida, along with a lot of places are so far deep in fraud there is no coming back.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MPoling
Fraud you say?

Hmm you think. Look at all the billboards and commercials about being "injured" in a car accident. Florida, along with a lot of places are so far deep in fraud there is no coming back.

Oh my you are so right! If you drive I-4 here which goes from coast to coast in central Florida there are NOTHING BUT lawyer billboards, mostly auto lawyers. It is disgusting.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I am a CFE, self employed, and have worked with SIU'S for 20 years and the industry has dramatically changed for the worse investigations have come to a snail crawl while paying out fraudulant claims is now normal.

There is no ethics anymore in the industry. It has gone rogue.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I am a CFE, self employed, and have worked with SIU'S for 20 years and the industry has dramatically changed for the worse investigations have come to a snail crawl while paying out fraudulant claims is now normal.

There is no ethics anymore in the industry. It has gone rogue.

YES!! This is exactly what has happened.

There are zero ethics anymore. It is so frustrating.

Carriers are so afraid of being sued they just pay out even on FRAUDULENT claims! The guy I have RIGHT NOW who got paid out! He filed a fraudulent claim and got a pay out when he should not have. It is infuriating because he is the exact kind of person who complains about rates then commits fraud to get his way. It is unreal.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I do agree with most of the OP. But there are some conditions that need to be considered too. If a supply line to a faucet breaks, the person does not know it was bad many times. Failures do occur. Sometimes if the water pressure jumps way up a waterline will burst, even copper lines corrode from the inside out. But if there is evidence of bad lines then there should be scrutiny of the claim. Sometimes the chemicals that corrode water lines are in the water supply and they can eat through a copper pipe within ten years. I did a few jobs where water lines burst and put claims into the insurance company for the labor on clients homes. They were covered, but there was no evidence the lines were bad that were visable. I did inform the customers that all of their copper lines were bad and they changed them after they found out. The estimate I made could not include the cost of repairing the line by a plumber though. The people I gave the estimate to were very understanding of the rules and fixed the problem. I listed what I had saw on the estimate and talked to the agents about it.

Lately, most old houses have to have the wiring, plumbing, and furnaces inspected before they will insure the house here. I was even told that I would need to redo my roof because of it's age even though it was still in decent shape and I did, I also had a new furnace installed last year to settle the request from the insurance company that it should be done....it was thirty one years old, and even though it had been maintained yearly, it was worn out so I did replace it before we got left without heat or it malfunctioned and smoked up the house...Oil furnaces can do that and parts for that old of a furnace are hard to find these days.

I have given quite a few estimates for repairs to houses over the years and around here, the insurance companies have denied some claims because of lack of proper maintenance... Now they have gotten way stricter because people abuse the insurance companies and do not do proper maintenance.

I have had one claim on our house insurance, a partridge flew through our storm window and inside window which were both Anderson windows. I didn't have any problems with the insurance company at all, but had a problem finding a contractor who would even look at a job under seven hundred bucks replacing a sash and storm window pane....the parts were only two hundred fifty bucks...I wound up doing it but even though I am a builder, because it was my own home, they would only pay fifteen bucks an hour for my labor. At that time,I was charging thirty bucks an hour. And the income was taxable on top of that going through my business. But I did get it all done, stained and varnished, and I had like two days total into it...two hundred fifty bucks labor which covered my deductible. I contacted half a dozen contractors and all of them said the job was too small for them to even look at.

I used to do lots of little jobs like that, even contractors are getting spoiled these days.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   

r

look i have ZERO problem with going after people who COMMIT LEGIT fraud and feel they should be punished.. be it deny claim , jail time and/or made to pay it back.. with ability to deny cheats and in cases (like Drunk drivers) they pay larger rates for minimum coverage.

but there is where i say CRY ME A RIVER.

first insurance companies go to great lengths (at the best of times) to reduce if not deny a legit claim.
not all do this but alot sure as hell do.
even the good ones want to pay as little as possible for repairs/replacement even if all your asking is just to get back to what you had and nothing extra.

second.. they make deductibles so high that alot of a repair you end up eating yourself even though you pay your premiums and never had a problem until it happens.

third.. almost everything is YOUR FAULT and they raise the rates on you.. like they punish you for daring to use insurance that YOU PAY FOR.. along with raising your rates on things that make no damn sense

Fourth.. you pay higher rates to cover things YOU DONT FACE..
for example my home owners insurance keeps going up for the hurricane damage on the coasts and gulf states..
I LIVE IN IL .. Why am i paying higher rates for something I DONT FACE.. choose to live there and CHOOSE not to build to meet the threat because "i want to live on the waters edge" or "i want the house to look like XX not a bomb shelter" then you pay the higher rates..

even my own agent thinks paying in IL for storms in (ex) Florida is not right.

think that example is bonkers.
my daughter got hit from behind at a stop light where the light was red, she was stopped, clear sunny day , no ice, and the lady was clearly SPEEDING and didnt see her till the last second.
totalled my car and thank God she was not hurt bad.
now they didnt try to cheapen my car and gave me some extra for a new engine i put in about a year and a half before (not even half but better than nothing) but refused the new tires bought half a year before.

the amount was (especially today) not enough to replace what i had and had to get a car three years older than i had (2018 soul vs 2015 ford focus) .
with (get this) AN INCREASE (not by much to be fair and not a punishment for the accident as fault) in insurance.

my daughter was not at fault by any means, my car was TOTALLED but i have to PAY MORE and get LESS.

WTF

so in conclusion il back up any insurance company going after fraud.

but not when they raise my rates for things I DONT FACE, increase insurance for any excuse, and fight/dont pay off fully/ replace what i am insuring.

scrounger

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

If you live in FL and your daughter was injured then your policy paid PIP out. PIP is not subrogatable so that means your insurance will go up because money was paid. And insurance companies use statistics that show if you make a claim once you are 10 times more likely to make another one.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!

Fifth. What about people that are LEGALLY required to have insurance and NEVER once have a claim?
Never once? Do they get any of that money back?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join