It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 1,000 Ukrainian marines surrendered in Mariupol

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

Tonight, the Russian news agency RIA-Novosti reported that Chechen leader Akhmat Kadyrov announced the surrender of 1,000 marines from the 36th Naval Infantry Brigade of the VMU. Later, war correspondent Alexander Sladkov published several videos showing surrendered Marines being loaded into Russian trucks.

In the morning, the Russian Ministry of Defense confirmed that 1,026 Ukrainian servicemen of the 36th Marine Brigade, including 162 officers, had voluntarily laid down their arms and surrendered in Mariupol.

I want to tell the members of the ATS the background of this event.

Until recently, in Mariupol there were 3 centers of resistance of the Russian army, the National Guard and the People's Militia of the DPR. This is the territory of the seaport in the south of the city, the Azovstal plant and the plant named after Ilyich in the industrial zone in the north of the city. It was on the territory of the Ilyich plant and the asphalt plant that the 36th brigade was based.

A few days ago, from the basements of the plant, the brigade recorded a video appeal to Zelensky and the people of Ukraine, in which they described their plight. Less than half of the brigade remained, a huge number of wounded, no food, no water, no medicines, fuel and ammunition left for one battle. The marines said that Zelensky was doing nothing to help them, for more than a month the command from Kyiv did not get in touch. the Marines said that the next day they would go on the last attack, and there they would either die or surrender.

The next day, indeed, a convoy of armored vehicles and about 100 Marines tried to leave the city. A trick was applied - the Z signs were applied to the equipment so that they would be mistaken for Russian troops. But the entire territory of the plant was monitored around the clock from the air by drones. The column was released from the city and immediately struck at it. Three Ukrainian tanks, five infantry fighting vehicles, seven vehicles and up to 50 personnel were destroyed. Another 42 Ukrainian servicemen voluntarily laid down their arms and surrendered. The rest scattered across the steppe and they began to be caught.

And yesterday, the remnants of the 36th brigade got into radio contact with the Russian troops and surrendered in an organized manner. In Mariupol, one center of resistance remained - Azovstal, where, according to approximate data, about 1,000 members of the Nazi Azov regiment and an unspecified number of NATO officers and mercenaries remained.

Among those who surrendered was the British mercenary Aiden Aislin (better known as Cossackgrundi), who was previously in the ranks of the Kurds in Syria.

Aiden called his brother Nathan in the middle of the night last night and said that the commander of his unit was negotiating a surrender with the Russians, since there was no ammunition or food left.

And now Nathan, through the British media, appeals to the Russian army with a plea for humane treatment of his brother. He emphasizes that Aiden is by no means a mercenary, but a regular soldier of the Ukrainian army since 2018, he has dual citizenship and the Geneva Convention should apply to him.

In conclusion, I want to clarify the situation with a loud video of a group of servicemen being shot by a tank, a discussion about which was in my thread yesterday. In the video, on the road in the forest, the tank calmly drives up to a group of soldiers, who are also calmly looking at it, and fires a point-blank shot at them. In the future, terrible videos of the corpses of soldiers, a video from the tank itself and a video from an armored car that was driving behind the tank appeared.

Initially, Ukrainian telegram channels were happy and reported that a Ukrainian tank had shot down Russian soldiers. Then, when the soldiers turned out to be not Russian, but Ukrainian, a wave arose in the same channels that a Russian tank brutally shot Ukrainian soldiers. Then it turned out that the tank was Ukrainian, and that it was "friendly fire". Ukrainian soldiers came up to examine and take a selfie against the backdrop of a Russian BMD abandoned in the forest (in the background of the video), a Ukrainian tank mistook them for Russians and shot them. The question is closed.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

it remains the same: russia attacks a sovereign state and is responsible for thousands of dead, destroyed families and bombed cities. you seem to be waging your own war here. that may be patriotic from your point of view, but in the end you stand pretty much alone.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The war crimes Russia has committed in and around Mariupol will be countless. With such casual hatred of Ukrainians, one can only image the inhumane treatment of POWs and the civilians that remain alive.

Russia has to pay for its belligerence. All credit to the brave Ukrainians fighting the Russian monstrosity. All credit to those people seeing-through Russian propaganda.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

You imagine,no proof,nothing but your imagination.
Ukrainian nazi lovers are your heroes?
Nazis do nazi things,you don't seem to mind though.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Plenty of Nazi's fighting in the Russian ranks in Donbas as well.

I'd be amazed if both sides weren't committing atrocities against each other.....such are the sad realities of war.

We can't change what has already happened; Putin ordered the invasion - for whatever reasons - and literally thousands have died and millions have been displaced.
Putin needs to put an immediate end to the killing and order an immediate ceasefire and start open and honest negotiations without any pre-conditions.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: loufo

it remains the same: russia attacks a sovereign state and is responsible for thousands of dead, destroyed families and bombed cities. you seem to be waging your own war here. that may be patriotic from your point of view, but in the end you stand pretty much alone.

You seem to think half cocked efforts of cognitive dissonance will fly..

The herd ..🐏...

Is attacking sovereign states...THE ... metric?

Or, was Russia binding Ukraine to SIGNED AGREEMENTS?

we're AZOV butchers terrorizing Donbass?
Was Donbass being shelled by zelensky?

Facts or emotions what will you respond with?

Already you proved this.. EMOTIONS..

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Plenty of Nazi's fighting in the Russian ranks in Donbas as well.

I'd be amazed if both sides weren't committing atrocities against each other.....such are the sad realities of war.

We can't change what has already happened; Putin ordered the invasion - for whatever reasons - and literally thousands have died and millions have been displaced.
Putin needs to put an immediate end to the killing and order an immediate ceasefire and start open and honest negotiations without any pre-conditions.

Afghanistan and Iraq would have appreciated this I bet.

Holding someone else to a higher standard than what you personally operate from..?

What is that..

How many acts of aggression are documented by the USA . Since WW2.

I can still count the dead kids in Iraq. And the videos of the Killers laughing about it .

Care to see?

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

Sigh…

Again.

The Ukrainian has anti-Nazi Laws. With Russia on the UN Security Council. All Putin would have had to do was push and fund investigations and provide humanitarian aid.

So. Thousands of Russian Troops dead, dead Russian generals, naval vessels lost in a ground war, hundreds of pieces of armor lost, fortunes lost in shelling and bombing. While whole cities destroyed. Civilians dead in the streets and in mass graves. How many Nazis captured? And on trail? Whit what evidence. With what benefit to Russian civilians. With what promised protections to Ukrainian civilians as promised by Putin….

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Is that you AOC?

I see you’ve left Twitter and joined ATS, jump on in the water is warm!

Russian Troll - thanks for sharing an alternative report to what we are being fed by our media. Although I take your information with a grain of salt (it’s the same size grain I take ours with) I appreciate you supplying the information nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   
awesome thread
thanks for posting it

so much for the western media's claim russian's are getting their butt kicked
if all these ukraine marines are surrendering in such numbers

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LastFirst

Afghanistan and Iraq would have appreciated this I bet.

What has Afghanistan and Iraq got to do with Putin's order to invade Ukraine and kill thousands of people?

Holding someone else to a higher standard than what you personally operate from..?

And pray tell, what standard do I 'personally operate from'?

How many acts of aggression are documented by the USA . Since WW2.

What on earth has that got to do with Putin's attack on Ukraine?
Where is the relevance?

My next door neighbour killed someone so its ok for me to kill someone?

I can still count the dead kids in Iraq. And the videos of the Killers laughing about it .

So its ok for the same to occur in Ukraine?
If it was wrong in Iraq - which it was - its also wrong in Ukraine.

Care to see?

See what?

You justify Russia's actions in Ukraine by criticising the USA's actions in Iraq?
Bizarre.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Hate it to break it to you Chief, but the last Nazis crapped out around the second week of May 1945.

You need to tighten your use of words, because your usage is beyond sloppy.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Ah, a Russian propaganda parrot.

I was "imagining Russian war crimes" in a rhetorical sense. We know that there is overwhelming evidence that Russia has committed war crimes throughout the land they have occupied. The murdered, tortured and raped tell their stories.

You have no clue what a Nazi is, but Russia pursing ethnic purity and exceptionalism leans towards the type of thing Nazism stood for. With Russia, it’s a case of "the bigger the front, the bigger the back" when they blabber about Nazis and all that rubbish.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Estimated to be around 21,000 civilians killed.

RIP to the poor sods.

Down with Putin and Russia, and victory to Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The mirror view to the eventual fall of Mariupol is how long the defenders resisted.

QUITE a long time, considering the odds and operational situation around the city.

(thinks a bit)

Oh yeah, I seem to recall Russia (in its guise as the USSR) praising, -to no end-, their soldiers who defended Brest-Litovsk in June-July 1941. Another desperate defense that was eventually overwhelmed.

I guess Moscow's praising of strong defenses goes in one direction only --> to the benefit of Vladimir the Bad and no one else.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: andy06shake

The mirror view to the eventual fall of Mariupol is how long the defenders resisted.

QUITE a long time, considering the odds and operational situation around the city.

(thinks a bit)

Oh yeah, I seem to recall Russia (in its guise as the USSR) praising, -to no end-, their soldiers who defended Brest-Litovsk in June-July 1941. Another desperate defense that was eventually overwhelmed.

I guess Moscow's praising of strong defenses goes in one direction only --> to the benefit of Vladimir the Bad and no one else.

Cheers

This was my take.

They weren’t over run. They weren’t all killed.

They literally ran out of bullets defending the city. Against all odds, no food, and no water. Against a very numerically superior force. Against a force that cut off all supplies and shelled daily.

They fought to the last bullet and never were over run.

These defenders are outstanding.

ETA: RT, this I do believe. Especially after the recent reports from their. Strangely, and scarily, this coincides very well with Russia saying they are most likely reinstating their death penalty now.
edit on 13-4-2022 by PassiveSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Hope the horrible swine are not after ticker tape parades or flower garlands draped around there necks.

Hell of a way to liberate by my estimation with not many or much left standing.

Good luck looking at themselves in the mirror after committing those kind of atrocities.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: PassiveSeeker

My understanding is that the defenders ran out of ammunition also and not there spirit nor resolve.

Hats off to them, they done a mans job and then some and as you suggest against a numerically superior force.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Yes, the Marines surrendered because they were cut off and had run out of supplies - both food and ammunition. So no other option. I wonder whether any will be heard of again?

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Yes, the Marines surrendered because they were cut off and had run out of supplies - both food and ammunition. So no other option. I wonder whether any will be heard of again?

Doesn’t matter how they were defeated. A loss is a loss in war. There’s no second place.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join