It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak fined for breaking lockdown laws

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
And so it begins. Is this the end of the road for Boris and some of his cronies?

The timing is impeccable with him so involved in the raging war.

Source: www.theguardian.com...

Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak are to receive fixed-penalty notices for breaking Covid laws after a police investigation into Downing Street parties during lockdown, leading to calls for them both to resign.

The Labour leader, Keir Starmer, called on Johnson and Sunak to resign. “Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak have broken the law and repeatedly lied to the British public,” he said. There are also questions over whether Johnson misled parliament, as he told MPs in the Commons that all Covid rules were followed.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

NEVER trusted Boris from the moment he took office.
I think this sums him up in a nutshell....

Letter to Boris Johnson’s dad from Eton College resurfaces online – and it explains a lot

Writing of him in a school report in April 1982, he said: “Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies . . . Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School for next half): I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.”

I also don't trust his father, the person who would fill his sons head at the dinner table each night perhaps...

Stanley Johnson did write a novel called ‘The Virus’

In the preface to the reprint of the novel, Mr Johnson wrote: “My book’s hero, Dr Lowell Kaplan, a brilliant epidemiologist working for the CDC [Center for Disease Control], has an advantage over those engaged in the current race to find an antidote to the coronavirus. He knows, or thinks he knows, the original source of the infection. If he can track down and capture a live green monkey from the very tribe of green monkeys which supplied the Marburg Medical School at the time of the first outbreak, maybe the boffins will be able to develop and manufacture an antidote.”

Let's also not forget that his father worked for the World Bank and has many publications that point towards the very things we have been victims of for many years all while he goes under the guise of being an environmentalist. He is also a wife beater and was accused of sexual misconduct.

NOT a good role model for anyone except another psycopath imo.
edit on 12/4/2022 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Pretty much the entire cabinet should be forbidden from ever holding any sort of public office ever again.

Shameful bunch of criminals the lot of them.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I guess the only question is who replaces them?

As for Keir Starmer, keep that man and his party as far away from power as possible.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So nothing about Sunak's wife's massive tax dodges while he husband hikes everyone elses or the fact Sunak himself held and still holds a US green card whilst Chancellor or him hiding the Cayman Islands-based hedge fund that he co-founded, i could go on ...Just that they had a party, got caught, lied about it to parliament, then when the jig was up got a paltry fine?

Oh, look, A convenient Squirrel.
edit on 12-4-2022 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Who would have expected a different outcome from that pair of shifty gits.
Just more proof of their dishonest nature.

Of course all the MSM are losing their minds about it,but I would rather see them conectrate on the bigger issues of dishonesty,such as the wanton corruption surrounding the covid response,including giving all their mates PPE contracts.

And the golden visas for party donations to some very nefarious saudis/russian oligarchs.

And Rishis tax shenanigans.

Oh and t would be great if we could have an opposition who is any better than the tory scoundrels,but there is no sign of anything like that.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Is this the end of the road for Boris and some of his cronies?

I doubt it.
Johnson won't resign because that's not the kind of guy he is I think he will tough it out but doubt he will get the chance of a second term , the war in Ukraine will save his bacon for now.

Sunak was being touted as his successor but after his recent problems and now this that seems unlikely , with no obvious successor in waiting I doubt the Tory party will force him out and the bleating of Starmer and Sturgeon counts for little.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes, agreed! It is too delicate a moment to go for a vote of no confidence, and BJ will not give up his crown willingly.

If Sunak decides to resign it will make Boris look even more of a hypocrite if he stays in Office. The Tories have a difficult choice to make. If they allow Boris to ride on, they will probably take a hit in the May local elections. If they oust him, they have to have a contender waiting, someone who can continue turning the screws on Putin.

There is one MP, can't remember his name... an ex-military, who threw his cap into the PM candidate arena a few months back. Could we be about to witness a major political coup?

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   

There is one MP, can't remember his name... an ex-military, who threw his cap into the PM candidate arena a few months back. Could we be about to witness a major political coup?

Johnny Mercer perhaps ?
I know he is highly respected but last time decided it wasn't for him and backed Johnson's leadership bid , maybe he could have second thoughts if the position becomes vacant.

Mercer has been on a ‘normal journey’ when it comes to Brexit. He 'never thought about the European Union' before entering Parliament and voted Remain ‘out of loyalty’ to David Cameron but now thinks voters made the right decision and ‘we need to get on and see that through’.

He’s appalled that the Prime Minister cannot hold a meeting without anonymous quotes emerging in the press. ‘You couldn’t run Tesco, you couldn’t run a corner shop, if all your workers went out and briefed the local press,’ he says. His blunt advice to them: ‘Put your name to it and say it or shut the f*** up.’ The next leader should also be chosen based on their outlook rather than their age, he says. ‘It is about whether you view this place as a stage to prance around on and think you’re in a TV programme like The West Wing — or whether you see politics as a vehicle to get things done.’
www.spectator.co.uk...

edit on 12-4-2022 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Yes, that's him. I remember when the whole partygate affair broke out and letters of no confidence were being posted to the 1922 Committee, there were discussions about BJ's successor. Johnny was one of the first to say that he would consider being a candidate.

I've enjoyed some of his cynical and snide interjections, bordering on treasonous remarks directly to the PM during PMQs.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
They wont resign. They'll blag it out exactly like Biden. They have all shown they are useless for the job they were voted for, except for Biden, who blagged the votes. But to get rid of them is by no means an easy task if they don't want to go.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
They wont resign. They'll blag it out exactly like Biden. They have all shown they are useless for the job they were voted for, except for Biden, who blagged the votes. But to get rid of them is by no means an easy task if they don't want to go.

It's easier in the UK. The people didn't vote for Johnson to be Prime Minister. He was voted for by Conservative Party members.

So, there is a mechanism they can use to vote him out. First, at least 54 letters of no confidence have to be sent by Tory backbenchers to the 1922 Committee. Once that threshold is reached, a vote of no confidence is conducted in Parliament. If at least 181 no confidence votes are cast (50%+1 Tory MPs) then it's bye, bye, Boris.

All this could be done in a matter of weeks. The Conservatives would then start the internal voting process for a new Prime Minister.... perhaps a couple of months as it's conducted in a series of rounds where candidates with the least votes are dropped, until only two are left... like Highlander.

However, should Boris gain 181+ votes of confidence, he would remain in power and be untouchable for a year.

edit on 12/4/2022 by Encia22 because: Tinkering

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
he saved his bacon when the allegations of parties first came out by letting us come out of lockdown......which he said would be 'irreversible' only to say just recently that 'future lockdowns' are not off the table......you cant trust a single politician.....and probably never should.........and I guarantee we are going into lockdowns soon enough because china is 'scaring' the world with their horrendous lockdowns at the moment......

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Akaspeedy

you cant trust a single politician.....and probably never should

Agreed.

and I guarantee we are going into lockdowns soon enough because china is 'scaring' the world with their horrendous lockdowns at the moment

Disagreed , with the majority of the population vaccinated and the whole population done with lockdowns I don't believe there will be any more lockdowns , reintroduction of face masks is possible but another lockdown would be economically and politically disastrous

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
BoJo eating Humble.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
then why the need to spend millions on 'health passports' until 2023...?

lockdown not ruled out www.independent.co.uk...

and contract for covid pass.... www.contractsfinder.service.gov.uk...

why pay someone millions for a covid pass until 2023?

they aint gonna let this go im afraid

edit on 12-4-2022 by Akaspeedy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
hes got to go then, there is no alternative....he lied, and hes been caught

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Akaspeedy

then why the need to spend millions on 'health passports' until 2023...?

Same reason they spent many millions on track and trace , it seemed like a good idea at the time.
There needs to be an independent investigation into government Covid spending sooner rather than later.

Governments don't rule things out because it takes the option away but that doesn't mean lockdowns will return.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
yep, definitely an investigation because we are the ones that will have to eventually pay for it, and we already have been with business closures and loss of jobs, suicides, mental health etc

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
good point.....although im considering the fact that hes been fined and should resign but isnt, that maybe its to hold onto his position of power that we may avoid another lockdown......

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join